Actual Filming of Some of the Scenes from the New Trailer

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by sideswipe89, Feb 7, 2011.

1. sideswipe89

sideswipe89 Beachcomber

News Credits:
    Posted these videos in the screen cap thread but figured I start a new thread....

Below are some of the old youtube videos showing the filming of some of scenes in the trailer. All of them are filmed at a different angle than the video but you can tell they are the same scenes. Its pretty cool seeing the filming of the scenes without the cgi. It shows how truly remarkable the planing and editing are for these films.

These two videos are from the filming of the last scene in the trailer when prime comes blazing in.You can tell its the same scene cause you can see the camera car filming at same angle it was in the trailer. Also you can see that little red car that prime flips up as he's tearing things up.

YouTube - Transformers 3 Filming: Epic Explosion

YouTube - Transformers 3 Filming Scene - Explosion - Wacker Drive - Chicago - July 19, 2010

Edit: Transformers Live Action Movie Blog has some pics and videos of the first scene in the trailer here:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  2. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:

That reminds me- I really should upload that video where they set off pyrotechnics on the tops of 7-9 buildings along the river. To see that one scene of that Cybertronian ship firing on the buildings was cool, because I'm off camera 5-6 blocks up the river filming it on my iPhone.

3. sideswipe89

sideswipe89 Beachcomber

News Credits:
    ^ you should! I think I've seen other youtube videos filming that scene a well.

4. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    YouTube - Transformers 3 Filming-- Explosions, Jumpers and Movie Stars in Downtown Chicago

There's some prime alternate angles in this video that was taken for 'ChicagoBusiness.'

2:11-2:19 : This is the scene where in the Superbowl teaser, Prime lands and then starts decimating Decepticons left and right. You can see that red BMW tumbling in the trailer.

4:18-4:23 : Keep an eye on that black Toyota that is flipped. Though we can't see her, it's a pretty good bet that it's the vehicle we see being flipped behind Carly in the teaser trailer as well.

5. Cliff_prime

Cliff_prime Banned

imagine all sets then add CGI in them HOLY CRAP

6. Lurkertron

Lurkertron Rockerbot

The Fire Engine there at the start of that video is the one Sideswipe was taking cover behind. So this is a major battle with NEST and the autobots advancing and moments before Prime comes in with his jet pack. Ferrari is there somewhere but probably purposefully cut from the teaser trailer to keep him secret. I bet he's in the final edit of that scene though.

And whichever bot that paratrooper lands on is going to be pretty big.
    Then he gets picked off and...well, I wouldn't want to be him (in the movie).