Activision is doing ROTF game

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Shipley, Nov 19, 2008.

1. Shipley

Shipley No Topic Required

News Credits:
  2. OmegaVPrime

OmegaVPrime Uhm, yea? So what?

Ebay:
    I like activision, and I think they will do it justice, I only hope the real engine will be used.

3. Shipley

Shipley No Topic Required

News Credits:
    Is that the opposite of the Unreal engine?

Activisions got no good reason to go licensing an engine like that when they've got such a huge stable of developers. If anything they'd pull something out of Neversoft or Infinity Ward's stable.

4. OmegaVPrime

OmegaVPrime Uhm, yea? So what?

Ebay:

Oops, sorry about that, yea activision has a copius amount of developers at hand.

I've come to respect the unreal engine, but you never know...

Of course after playing countless FPS clancy games I finally received an actual RTS

5. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    I thought we knew this? When we heard the "Some will be able to transform into weapons" news.
    Anyway, they did a good job with the first game, hope they can do this even better.

6. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    The first game was pretty poor all things considered. The movement of the robots was not very fluid and the driving controls left much to be desired. It's a shame that the PS2 Armada game was far better.

However, TF1 was probably produced very much under pressure. I dare say they've learnt their lessons and will take a slower more considered pace this time. Expand on what was good and eliminate what was not.

After all, it could be a GREAT game.

7. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Honestly, the only thing that really disappointed me in the first game was the Transformations. Every time Optimus transformed into robot mode he did the same Superman jump 50 feet in the air. I hope for the second one, they make the transformations dependent on what you're doing. Like transforming in a skid the way Optimus did when he arrived in Mission City.

8. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    I played the first game for about 2hours and couldn't do it any more. I have no hope this game will be worth the $60 some odd bucks it will cost.

9. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If they just add the ability to jump and transform I'll be at least mildly pleased.

10. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Activision? I can hardly contain my joy...

11. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    After hating on the console version, I had the Wii one at the time. I picked up the PS3 version for only $10.95 at a Gamecrazy and must say I enjoy it. I think the controls are much better on a regular controller than using motions. Also wasn't there an article a while back saying something about online play? And man if the console versions play like the DS one that would be cool as well.

12. Optimatron

Optimatron Autobot

We've known Activision would be doing the sequel for sometime. Ya know...since like the last TF:TM game? It was made by Activision too. The only real news about this is that they have given the project to a different developer named Luxoflux, and that was made known quite awhile ago.

I just hope the combat system and driving is a lot better in this upcoming game...and that they make it fully Freeroam instead of partially freeroam levels/environments. I hated how boxed in I felt when flying as Starscream and Blackout...there was no real sense of verticality. I wanna fly between skyscrapers at insane speeds, not hover over Airforce bases. I would like a little bit more control over the Transformation too. Ya know, like the Hoover Dam scene in the first movie...Being able to half-way Transform Starscream and have him grab onto a ledge and swing himself up. Kinda like Spider-man can grab onto light poles in his games and swing up onto them. Oh, and I hope that there is more than just one button melee attacks this time around too. A combo system like God of War would be nice. Being able to Transform at will would be nice too. In the last game it was a prerequeset (Sp?)that the robot's feet be touching the ground or the any surface like the roof of a building to Transform. That was a joke.

13. lightdestroyed

lightdestroyed Stronger than all!

Ugh.

14. Eric

Eric Per sempre marciamo.

News Credits:
    Dammit. :banghead:  The first Transformers game was just terrible, so what makes Activision THINK that the second one will be better? Online play?

When it comes to a movie or TV show-licensed game, it MUST suck. It's almost like a law of nature.

15. Devastators Leg

Devastators Leg GFXicon

I actually enjoyed the first one. I thought it was unnecessarily hard at the end, especially in mission city when you were jazz and you had to face starscream and blackout at the same time. I couldnt beat that mission and thats when i traded it in. But everything before that was okay at least. I wouldnt pan it and call it garbage but it wasnt great either.

Id like co-op play. Be able to have a friend play a mission with you.

Maybe some scenes where you play as humans like the NEST guys or even Sam. Give some sense of the scale of the transformers. Like youve got to get a package from point A to B without getting seen or hurt and meanwhile the transformers are tearing shit up around you. Thatd be pretty sweet.

16. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I can't help but agree.

17. SKowl

SKowl Rubber Golem

I wonder if this time around we'll be able to actually play as... y'know, all of the Transformers.

They totally dropped the ball on the first one by not letting you play as Ratchet, Brawl or Bonecrusher (even though their character models were in the game). Really, who would have thought that fans who played the Transformers game would actually want to play as the TRANSFORMERS?!

18. Scourgatron

Scourgatron What of it?

News Credits:
    MEH. I had the first game on pc, hated the shit out of it.

19. Sledgehammer

Sledgehammer Digital art monkey

I think it's fair to say "expect disappointment".

(If it's anything better than utter crap, I'll eat my hat. And post the footage.)

20. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    i got that quoted now and am holding you to it
    i haven't seen someone eat a hat in a long time

anyways, i think the game has potential to be really good, but they won't take advantage of the opportunities they have. i think the game engine was pretty good in the first game, flawed but passable. if they overhaul it a bit(allowing free roam, better enemy AI, can transform off the ground, more thought put into SCALE(although without scale problems it wouldn't be transformers, amirite?), better combat system and better flight system) it could be great. moreso if there is homage to past franhcises
    like having 25 years worth of different primes(not primal, unless it's optimal optimus just because that's the only form that would work), oldschool bumblebee etc.
    maybe a whole game exclusive subplot to make it more interesting