Activision Confirms Working on TF game

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Deceptigtar, Jul 15, 2008.

1. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Paladine

Paladine Well-Known Member

Activision no longer exists; now it's Activision Blizzard!

MASTAHHHHHFORCE!

3. sunnyswipe

sunnyswipe autobot

News Credits:
    they'd honestly be hard-pushed to do worse than the last game.
    in fact, youd have to INTEND to make a rubbish game!

4. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Well, there was that Japanese G1 game on the PS2 that was universally panned in Japan...

5. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    Luxoflux has Vigilante 8 under its belt

that was one of my favorite PSone games

so we know vehicle combat will be cool at least :p 

6. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    That was indeed an incredible game.
    Heres hoping its good!

7. knook

knook Let the Virus Consume You

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    sounds good

8. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Well, we knew something was coming out of the Acitivision Blizzard, and Luxoflux was rumored, but this is the first actual confirmation that they are the ones making it.

9. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    lol that sounds like an oxy moron to me.

but yeah they'd have to try pretty hard to make it worse than the first one. to be honest i have been disappointed with EVERY movie game i have ever tried.

10. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    haha why does my name always get mispelled???

11. jnmx2000

jnmx2000 classics

spider man 2 was a pretty good game, I actually really liked the first spider man movie game too, the third one was ok. but the best movie tie in game is by far king kong. ubisoft made the game short but focused on gameplay and it was a pretty fun game, not to mention great graphics. the chronicles of riddick I heard was really good to, but short. I think if they focus on gameplay and multiplayer and keep the story short, we could have a good game.

12. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Yeah! V8 was pretty sweet. Hopefully they give it a multiplayer mode similar to it.

13. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    oh thank GOD.

14. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    The console game can go to whoever HAsbro wants... but PLEASE....keep the same Dev team for the DS game, that title was SOLID GOLD!

15. SKowl

SKowl Rubber Golem

I wonder if we'll actually be able to play as any/I] of the Transformers this time... I loved how the first movie game didn't let you play as Ratchet, Brawl or Bonecrusher.

In this day and age, with all the cutting edge technology going into videogames, the lack of playable characters in the Transformers Movie game was a disgrace. Explain to me how Gran Turismo for the Playstation in 1999 had almost 200 cars, but almost 10 years later they can't find a way to cram barely a dozen playable TFs into one game.

16. Sledgehammer

Sledgehammer Digital art monkey

Damn it...I really hate sounding like the voice of negativity when it comes to stuff like this, but given the fact that A) it's a movie tie-in, and B) the dev team will be rushed off their feet to get this out the door, the only result I can see coming from this is a big sack of suck. Fair play to those that enjoyed the first one (I certainly didn't), but words to the wise is all.

Oi, Actiblizzard, or whatever-the-hell-you're-called-this-week, how about throwing some resources into a decent TF game? You know, with things like a proven developer, a decent budget and a reasonable timescale?

17. knook

knook Let the Virus Consume You

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would like a the DS or PSP first game styles for the major consoles

18. Emperor Zarak

Emperor Zarak Decepticon Emperor

News Credits:
    I'm VERY optimistic about this, it'll be great I hope

19. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This game is gonna suck know why? Movie game, rushed timetable to release with the movie, and no budget that why. Let me pick a developer, genre, and timetable and I show you how to make a hit game.

20. Optimatron

Optimatron Autobot

I hate to say it, but I worry about this game...

I had such high hopes for the first game..especially since up untill I had played it...I'd heared such WONDERFUL things. Why trust internet sources or articles with "peoples opinions" written in them? .....I can't really give you a good answer anymore...The sad situation of the matter is however, that most "movie" games (with the exception of Spider-man 2, and even 3) usually suck. It's something that has plagued video games for quit awhile now...and it even affected our precious Transformers game. As both a long time Transformers fan, and gamer the first movie tie-in title disappointed me incredibly. Sure it was sorta fun for a few hours. Eventually though, the one button melee system got boring, as did the primary/secondary weapons being both on the same shoulder. Those aren't even my biggest gripes with the controls and almost non-existent depth of the game play. Not being able to jump off something and transform? or transform in mid-air?....I'm sorry but I didn't realize that it was a prerequisite that for a transformer to transform their feet had to be touching the ground..I thought they could perform that function at will. Also the level of verticality in the game was horrible..when I play as starscream in a huge city I wanna fly up and be able to grab onto a ledge (mid-transormation, just like in the first movie) and swing myself up. The platforming for the next game needs to be worked on a great deal. I also want to be able to fly more than two feet off the ground when playing as a descepticon aircraft...You couldn't reach any sort of cool altitude in the last game...It felt like you were boxed in close to the ground no matter what you did in the last game while flying as one of the decepticons. At least movie and superhero games (made by activision, mind you) such as spider-man don't have this problem..You feel an amazing amount of freedom in Spider-man.

All in all the flying, driving and combat in the last game sucked....all of it...the robots looked awesome, I'll give the game that...the graphics were great...the gameplay...not so much...But in the end, I'll still give this next game some hope. In my opinion, if this new developer can take the visual detail from the last game, and add a TRUE free-roam experience, (i.e not just different "free roam" levels)an intricate and complex combat system, multiplayer, and better extras worth my hours of gameplay..then we might just get a great video game..more importantly....a great TRANSFORMERS video game...and I hope someone from activision, that is involved with this game surfs these board,s because they obviously need some help getting a great Transformer video game experience down to a science..

ATTENTION DEVELOPERS/ACTIVISION....this is 2008...the technology to make this game is out there...I've seen it in plenty of titles on both my 360 and my ps3 ( i.e grand theft auto, spider-man 3, The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction) These are all great video games that create awesome superhero(not GTA but still a great free-roaming game) and free roam experiences into one great experience over all...IF YA TRIED YOU MIGHT JUST BE ABLE TO DO THE SAME WITH TRANSFORMERS...

Sure they could try and reason the game being so simple because it's also marketed to young kids..but that's rubbish because, I've played with kids 5 years old that are awesome at games like Gears of War, my girlfriends brother is 10 and he's a hellion on Halo 3...so I'm really tired of that excuse being used.