Customs: Activators Bumbleebee help needed

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by silenth, Dec 3, 2008.

1. silenth

silenth Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just picked up a activators bumblebee and ratchet. I love these things simple and fun.

Anyway, Bumblebee's lack of hands is really bothering me so i swapped ratchet's arms for BB's. It looks pretty good in bot mode, BB looks stockier.

Can anyone help/suggest ways on how to make BB look good in alt mode too. I tried placing the doors on the forearms and the rear wheels on the shoulder part of ratchets arms, but looks rather wonky. any help would be greatly appreciated.

and i know :useless  Ill post pics when i get home

thanks

2. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

I've already given this a fair amount of thought. I have both of those figures, and they're great... though BB is really hurt by those awkward door-arms.

I haven't put this into motion yet, but here's my suggestion. Only replace BB's forearms. With Ratchet's or some other figure's, but keep the upper arms/shoulders. Attach the new forearms in such a way that they can fold away under the car mode. If they can fold back, there's actually a lot of room in the hatch area of BB's car mode.

After removing the front doors, and probably cutting away the extra molded "hands" on them, attach them to the feet. Add a small hinge so the doors can each fold flat against the backs of his feet in robot mode.

That should work... it'll get the doors out of the way, and give BB some kibble-free forearms!

zmog

3. silenth

silenth Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Excellent suggestions. Its a little over my pay grade but i like your suggestions. Ill give it a shot this coming weekend.

thanks