Customs: Actionmaster Partners/Animal Targetmasters?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Hooper_X, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Hooper_X

Hooper_X hi haters

It's awesome to see the custom Targetmasters that various fans have been putting out, but I was wondering if any of you guys had considered doing versions of the various Actionmaster sidekicks? Banzai-Tron totally needs an updated Razor-Sharp!

Plus, I'd like to see how creative people can get with non-human shapes.

2. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

I have a WFC Ravager Minion i posted in RGD , and i think it'd be quite easy to mod that into a Targetmaster, maybe Cat-gut or something (I am Treadshot, after all...).

I'd be more interested in seeing some of the other accessories, though. AM's had some cool gadgets.

3. Hooper_X

Hooper_X hi haters

Yeah. I think the hardest part with doing some of the other accessories would be finding attachment points, etc.

On the other hand, I feel like the same basic 'chassis' with interchangable heads, tails, and limbs could give you half of the AM animals... at the very least, Catgut, Lionizer, Top-Heavy and maybe Tyrannotron could all share the same body.

I've done some crude sketches of an updated Razor-sharp. The outer thirds of the crab shell rotate forward to become a blast shield. The claws point straight ahead and open up to reveal barrels inside. The actual claw covers point down like big ammo clips. If I had any sense of actual design, skill with rendering, or free time (mostly the latter), I'd try to rig something up.

4. Treadshot A1

Check this out: AM Tread Partner

Yeah, you can figure out who it's supposed to be. I remolded my WFC Ravager Minion, so the head might not match G1, but i don't really mind. Only took me an hour or so with Sketchup, though to be fair it is a remold and i've been working with the program for 2 years now...

I'll get a cat mode screenshot as soon as i can get it to work. Rotating things in sketchup is a real pain in the ass.

5. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I've been rolling around the idea for a few years. I just haven't got past the drawing board with it. I ended up collecting AMs as a result though :lol 

6. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

I'm working on some potential models for the job too. :D 
    So far, I'm almost certainly doing figs that'll work for Lionizer, Catgut, Top-Heavy, Wingthing and Sights. They're still currently in the sketch and crude modelling phases at the moment, though.

7. Hooper_X

Hooper_X hi haters

Man, I ask, you guys deliver. That's awesome!

I really want Lionizer or Razor-Sharp first, but that's just me. Banzai-Tron needs a friend, and my WIP Rad kitbash needs his partner. But yeah, as we get more and more AM homages, updated partners seems like something people would be interested in.

8. warriorpriest

warriorpriest Priest of Primus

News Credits:
    @ Treadshot- I replied on your ravage thread but i wanted say on here also i like this. I am watching this closely so I can get my future Rad a partner.

9. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

those animal style minicons could make for some decent animal targestmaster i bet

hell you could probably custom mod the g1 animal style targetmasters for that too

dont know for sure yet on this last one but i could actually see a energon style breastforce using the animal style targetmasters as their cyberbeast gun parnters to be honest

10. Treadshot A1

Quoted from my WFC Ravager Minion thread, i figured you guys might be interested in this. I'll be placing the order for this model, along with the WFC Ravager Minion and AM Tread Partner on the 31st of January, so let's hope they work (i need to wait for an order to come in on the 31st, because another unrelated model needs to pass checks first).