Action is not Choppy!!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Prowl S, Jul 9, 2007.

1. Prowl S

Prowl S Marine Poolee

I can't stand it anymore all I hear out of a lot of people is that the action is so fast paced you can't tell what's going on. I don't know about a lot of you guys but I could tell perfectly well every punch, kick, and weapon blast no matter where I was sitting in the theatre. I've seen it nine times and counting and I still feel this way. Therefore if anyone is still skeptical about the action and didn't see what happened I can verbally describe each fight in extreme detail for those of you who seem to have trouble seeing the action. Note: I wear glasses.

2. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

I have to agree. I really don't understand all the "shaky-cam" gripes. I took it all in just fine.

Of course, I also really don't understand why everyone thinks Prime is dismissive of Jazz's death...

3. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

I agree, it's not difficult to follow at all.

4. nuopus

nuopus Well-Known Member

Well the ones that think the action is too fast or cant follow it are slow, epileptic, or down syndrome. I saw everything perfectly and can picture every action in my head. It was clear and well done. Either that, or they are just hating and saying that for argument sake.

5. Prowl S

Prowl S Marine Poolee

You have a good point but I think it's because Optimus is millions of years old and has seen loss many times. Soldiers don't have the luxury of mourning there lost brethren.

6. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    hassan...chop?

7. blueandwhite

blueandwhite Well-Known Member

People should go rewatch Batman Begins again before complaining about bad action scenes. Honestly, the action scenes were the true highlight of the movie.

8. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Sigh, where is the report function when you really need it.

9. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    there are a few ppl here who like the movie yet complain abt the shaky camera effects and i assure you, they are not slow neither epileptic nor have down syndrome.

(at least not that i know off.)

10. TILALLR1

TILALLR1 'Til All Are One

I think it really depends on how many times you have watched the movie. The first time I watched it, I found it very difficult to follow. Probably because my eyes were trying to take in everything which was very difficult to process. Especially, since most of the bot modes were very similar. It does look like a garbled mess at times. Its also due to the camera angles that were chosen. I mean they were awful. Probably tried to do an angle of how we would see it if were were standing right there. Which sucks because I want to see it from a distance. Its more epic that way. They did a few shots from a far and they were awesome.

11. Prowl S

Prowl S Marine Poolee

I'll level with you before I graduated from high school I was in a media arts shop. So I've been trained on what to look for in movies giving me an edge that average moviegoers don't have. However, the cutscenes used for the fights were well done, this is not opinion it's fact. When you find an illegal version of the movie on the net watch each transformation and fight scene in slow motion and you will see that each frame and shot has a center of attention derived from each camera angel AKA HIGH SHOT, MID-SHOT, DIFFERENCE SPECTRUM etc. Wait till the DVD comes out you'll see what I mean.

12. andychen

andychen Member

Well, provided you watch the movie only once,can you remember and describe every transformation procedures? Another example, do you know what is the next clear cut scene after Starscream used his arm cannon? Also what did Bumblebee do exactly after Barricade pounced on him?

13. Prowl S

Prowl S Marine Poolee

Watching the movie only once maybe, thinking back some of it did stick and some of it didn't my point is that I had no trouble seeing it all. But seeing it and remembering it are two different things.

14. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    ok, so someone run through the bumblebee barricade fight, tell me exactly what happened because I certainly couldn't tell what was going on through most of it.

The prime/megs fight was the same way.

I was sitting there, WHILE it was happening thinking, *I can't even see what's going on* and I pointed that out to my friend beside me, he agreed, its too zoomed in half the time.

its like trying to watch a wrestling match on TV while zoomed in on their torso's

15. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The camera shots didn't bother me at all and I could follow things just fine. I hear people even saying they didn't know who was who? I mean.. what? Why? I don't know, I had no problems with it and I was afraid I would since I hated the jumpy cams from 28 Weeks later and Gladiators action scenes.

16. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Dude, one class in high school doesn't make you an expert in watching movies. Sorry to tell this you, but you don't have any edge over the 'average' movie goer.
    And the fight scene whether being well done or choppy are not fight, but opinion the same has any other complaints about the movie.

17. Prowl S

Prowl S Marine Poolee

Quote from Mike:
    ok, so someone run through the bumblebee barricade fight, tell me exactly what happened because I certainly couldn't tell what was going on through most of it.

The prime/megs fight was the same way.

Starters BB hurls Mikaela and Sam out of car And transform coming up in a boxers pose but for some reason drops it for dramatic effect. Barricad charges transforms and hurls himself into BB. Both clash in brawl and begin struggling. After an open palm hit and a draw of a balded weapon Barricade ejects Frenzy who pursues Sam and Mikala. He then Hurls BB into several tankers. Cut to Frenzy vs kids for a sec ok BB resumes fight by grabbing Barricades upper arm joint and hurling him in an over back spin down a hill and over a fence. Barricade hooks BB's upper thigh and both tumble down into ravine there fight technically ends here because You never actually see BB defeat him you do see a damaged Barricade however as they drive away. Now would like to describe Prime and Meg's fight.

Quote from dude above: Dude, one class in high school doesn't make you an expert in watching movies. Sorry to tell this you, but you don't have any edge over the 'average' movie goer.
    And the fight scene whether being well done or choppy are not fight, but opinion the same has any other complaints about the movie.

I won't argue but it was not one class I went to a Technical Range School in Warren County it was a full on four to five period a day course which I took for four years. I signed up for it I had hands on tests and I even have a Graduations certificate that counts as a five thousand dollar scholarship to any media arts school in the country not only that but I directed and Produced two amateur movie's, seven T.V. Shows, and before I decided to shoot for the Marines I had an internship with Comcast and helped produce the History Channle Show Dogfights. In my own right I have more knowledge than Freshmen and Sophmore media arts college students on both technology and style and I passed up a job as an archives clerk for abc. I'd say that counts as a teency bit more knowledge than the average movie goer.

18. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I could follow everything fine. Prime/Megs fight was my favorite, Megs' fusion cannon was awesome, even if it was more of a cuncussion cannon. (It knocked Prime away but blew him to shit too!)

19. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    holy shit youve been in a workshop during high school o_O 

teach us o great movie critic

20. Overlord II

Overlord II Starscreamicon Leader TFW2005 Supporter

That is good to hear...I can't wait to see for myself though.