Action in Die Hard 4.0 is better than Transfomers

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by viper2391, Jul 7, 2007.

1. viper2391

viper2391 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know a lot will be pissed but that's the way I saw it. The action in Die Hard 4.0 is much better since the camera did not shake, it was not MTV style action it was simply better since you can clearly see what's going on and not like some action sequence in Transformers that you're mind is suddenly lost as to what just happened and could not follow a thing or two.
    I'm not a Bay hater I just don't like his blurry, in-your-face, shaky camera movement style.

Spoilers

Not to mention the battle between Nemesis Prime & Starscream towards the end of the movie - sort of. Bruce was driving a bad-ass black truck with a trailer as he battles an F-35 jet with vertical navigating capabilities. It totally rocked!

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I was not impressed. most of it was garbage, especially the scene towards the end you just mentioned.

and besides, die hard didnt have to worry about the vehicles turning into armies of giant robots and beating the shit out of each other and looking 100% photo-realistic while doing so. thats new territory, and yeah, its gonna get off to a shakey start... no pun intended... no matter who the director is.

3. nuopus

nuopus Well-Known Member

LOL Thats your medical problem with the camera shakes. I had no problem with it and saw the action clearly. It made some of the scenes more dramatic. DH4 is unoriginal at best and does not provide anything new and groundbreaking. If you have seen action flicks before, that movie is cookie cutter with newer special effects. Absolutely everything was predictable. Excusing the camera shakes, TF action scenes were much better than DH4. I'm not saying its a bad movie, just an unoriginal one.

4. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

I thought the action in DH4 was all rather generic to be honest. Not a patch on the 'real' action of the original - The franchise has turned into just another cartoon. When the action sequences are laid out like a comic panel It becomes rather jaded and dull to me (but that's a discussion for another place).

As a fan of Bay movies, I like his 'signiture' and the fact that you can tell it's one of films - His action 'puts you there' and to me that's a good thing.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2007
  5. nuopus

nuopus Well-Known Member

yep. I thought the action in DH4 was good, but way too cookie cutter. Its all been done before. Absolutely nothing new. I am a huge fan of action movies and found myself bored with it because now a days you have to give me something new to keep me interested. DH4 never kept me interested. I was like ... "OMG seen it ... he was wearing different clothes and the airplane was different. OMG seen it .. the gun was different. OMG seen it! Seen it!"

6. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    DH4 is better alright.

than your mom.

7. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    transformers>die hard 4

nuff said

8. rodimusconvoyAB

rodimusconvoyAB New Member

amen

9. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    Die Hard was fun but its nothing new. I've seen the the Raptor vs Nemesis Prime bit when it was called True Lies. Ok fine, it was Harriers vs Cargo truck but it felt like the same thing.

I like Bay's visual style actually. I didn't have a hard time making out what was going on.

10. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually I do agree with you about the shaky camera effects and I really hated it. I watched the movie 4 times at each time, I can hear memebers of the audience saying its too blurr and shaky.

The part I disagree with you...DH is better than TFs...TF is definitely more entertaining.

11. Wheelchairninja

Wheelchairninja Well-Known Member

The whole 'shaking camera' bit was probably a way showing the action from a civilian standpoint. It's probably supposed to be chaotic. Wars are like that.

12. LightningZERO

LightningZERO The Alternity

News Credits:
    I guess you can't find support to your opinion if you post it in a Transformers forum :D 

13. JediAJ

JediAJ Well-Known Member

The whole shaking of the camera is to add realism. If you're standing on the ground using a video camera, and there's an earthquake, not only are you going to say 'SHIT!' a lot... but you're going to shake!

Same goes with the film... when you have a number of robots in the same area beating the living piss out of each other... and those robots weigh up to and in excess of 100 tons each... that is going to make the earth move.

You feel it when a large vehicle passes by on the road and you're on the side walk... you can feel the vibrations through your feet.
    Now multiply that by 100, add some rockets, bombs and explosions to the mix and throw in some falling buildings and you have a very 'Shaky' experience.

So the shaking camera will make the expericence of watching these fantastic robots all the better... because you will feel that you are there...

...and if you miss abit of action due to it shaking... watch the film again...and again, and again...and again!!!

14. Ace96

Ace96 Well-Known Member

To borrow a line from Billy Madison.

Viper, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

15. tiger6493

tiger6493 New Member

VOW, I've got SFX experience with SF paid :) 

16. Bluestreak

Bluestreak Well-Known Member

Agreed. It was nice to see McClane again but other than that it was just dull and uninspiring.
    The first movie is still the best.

17. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Any film that gives birth to the best kind of smart arse delivered line history:

"Yippie Kiay, Mother Fucker"

Is awesome.

I still gotta weigh and say yes I would have much preferred to be able to get much clearer shots of the Transformer fights, they were good but I think seeing them in a much clearer fashion would have increased my enjoyment significantly.

18. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Hasn't TF made more money at the box office in fewer days than Die Hard?

19. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

I still don't get it. I don't notice this shaky cam in TF everyone mentions. I can see everything perfectly fine. DH4 on the other hand, I noticed the shaky cam a lot. The camera was shaking while they were just driving for heaven's sake. DH4 was not a Die Hard movie. They had to say the name McLane about 500 times just to keep reminding everyone it was suppose to be a Die Hard movie. It wasn't even close.

20. meggatron

meggatron Banned

Now, die hard was cool, and im a huge die hard fan but im forced to disagree.
    It seemed like Die Hard they were just trying to much. I understand why they did, because it is 2007, and If u look back at the other die hards, they were OVER THE TOP action for there time period as well. They were looked at sort of rediculously at the time, like this one is now, so nothing differnt, just seemed a little to much pushing