Action Comics 'Last Son' Delayed

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Primal, Apr 15, 2007.

1. Primal

Primal Moderator

News Credits:
    Boo I say, boooooo! :thumbdown 
    Source: Newsarama

2. j3

j3 Kiefer is my Big Boss TFW2005 Supporter

I saw that solicit yesterday and was filled with disgust at Kubert. I must say thank god Johns is out there at least giving us the answers that DC is staying hushed about. Still, this whole artist thing is just so crazy. And now 2 stories this year moving to be finished by annuals? Won't moving on with Johns and Donner's next story kind of spoil the fate of Chris Kent? I mean its safe to assume Zod and Ursa are defeated and that's all fine and dandy, but if Chris is still around when they move into the next story that's something. If he's not and was sacrificed or something, that would be a potentially critical storytelling moment ruined. Damn you, Kubert. Damn you.

3. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Bummer. I was hoping this arc would move along. It's been pretty good.

4. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I guess I'm going to drop AC from my pull list. Not only do I not want to buy the annual, but I have vision problems that prevent me from seeing in 3D effects, and trying to read the 3D issue will just cause me to stare at it cross eyed till my eyes hurt.

5. j3

j3 Kiefer is my Big Boss TFW2005 Supporter

You know the 3-D issue ships alongside a regular printing, right? You don't have to buy the 3-D one. And anyway, at least Johns and Donner will get to continue on with their stories (even if this initial one is left unresolved in the meantime). I very much look forward to Bizarro World with Powell.

6. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No, I didn't know that. How dare you spoil my righteous indignation! :wink: 

7. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    yeah, im pissed about this too...i hate superman, but picked up this arc cuz it was donner and i dig the old movies...but this delay sucks...and to throw in extra crap between it....ugh...maybe ill buy it in trade someday, but i really just think im gonna drop this stupid book....marvel and DC are really pissing me off lately, but at least marvel just held boooks back, instead of giving us fill in crap like batmans grotesk, or the clusterfuck that wonderwoman has been....these are their damn flagship titles, and they screw em up so bad....but it doesnt seem like they care, cuz they know most people will keep buying them....

8. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

I find it really goddamn funny that the Kuberts move to DC and haven't done a single good thing. Both books have been delayed because of their lack of keeping a timetable. There should be no reason to put out 4 issues and need a fill in artist when you had MONTHS to draw.

9. murphbri

murphbri Well-Known Member

QFT. I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but it is a bizarre(o) coincidence that their work ethic has gone out the window after becoming exclusive to DC.

I wold like to hear from the Kuberts what their excuse could possibly be. While I enjoy their art, it's not like it is hyper detailed like Jim Lee's. The Batman/Superman issues that I have don't make me go "ZOMG! I can tell he spent MONTHS drawing this shit!!!"

As a longtime Action reader, the story (while not bad) was jarringly
    out-of-continuity to me, so I'm happy to move on to whatever else Johns&Donner have cookin'.