Action Comics #870

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Switch625, Oct 8, 2008.

1. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

The final issue of the Brainiac arc hit stores today and it doesn't disappoint. The end of the story has been on the news yesterday and today but I won't spoil it here. Needless to say, it's been a long time since a comic book made me react this way. I really don't think any Superman comic has ever been this good. Geoff Johns and Gary Frank deserve a whole hell of a lot of credit and I hope they stay on this title for a good, long while.

2. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    yeah, i saw that it was spoiled too, and that bums me out, cuz it kinda ruined the end of the book for me a little, but still it was SO damn good...cant wait to see where this book goes from here...

spoilers coming below...

i was still pretty impacted by this...it was such a sight to see kandor restored on earth and supermans excitement and just being sincerely happy, but then seeing clarks world crush around him as he realizes his dad is dying...wicked epic...

3. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

Yeah that's just damn good storytelling.

4. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    While the art was wonderful, overall I thought this arc was kind of boring compared to Geof John's other recent work. The tear-jerker ending was kind of unexpected though. And Kandor being returned to normal size AND in the North Pole is an interesting development.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2008