Action Comics #1 goes for over $2 million!

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Boo, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    WOW!

I've been checking up on this auction for the past week or so. Not really sure why, but it's been really exciting to see. Especially the last few minutes when the price jumped from $1,551,000 (already beating the record from last year's Action Comics auction...) the the final price. $2,161,000! Nuts!

2. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    But it just came out 3 months ago there are plenty of copies. :) 
    And Grant Morrison is just rehashing old stories

3. Boo

Ebay:
    :lol 

I actually thought about putting (vol. 1) in the title, but, couldn't bring myself to actually do it.:p 

4. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    :rolleyes:  Yeah it's sad the state the comic book industry is in isn't it:rip 

I almost dread reading my comics each week to see what they have decided to retcon or who they have killed off this month.........or brought back to life. Seems like every few years they rehash one or another character's origin rather than just tell a new story. And just when you get used to the changes, new characters and evolving arcs, they start over again.

And yet though my pull list is shrinking, I keep buying them.

5. Boo

Ebay:
    I hear you. I no longer buy Transformers anymore because I began to hate what they were doing with it. Same reason I stopped buying X-Men in the '90s.

I'm actually liking (for the most part) what DC's doing with Superman and Flash with the New 52, though i can totally understand why others don't. I didn't like and therefor didn't buy a lot of shat came before, though. *shrug* Thankfully for me, I haven't been a full time comic reader for too long so even if i don't like what's coming ahead there are tons of back issues for me to catch up with!

6. The Spider

The Spider Well-Known Member

I wonder if Nicholas Cage owning that copy previously had anything to do with the price that got?

7. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

The good news is that its actually a great time to be a comic reader.

The last 5 or so years have been a golden age for reprints, American comics are way more diverse then most people think they are, UK comics are finally recovering, theres more European stuff getting translated into English then ever and the Manga licencing business is going back to the stuff thats actually worth doing now that its commerical boom is dead.

The only readers having a shit time are the people that won't read anything other then cape and franchise books.