Acrylic stands

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by skiss, Jun 13, 2012.

1. skiss

skiss Crash and Burn

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I finally got a pair of Detolf Cabinets for my collection and now I'm looking for some Acrylic stands to take full advantage of the room available in them. Does anybody have any recommendations on what type of stands and websites they can recommend? I found this place Acrylic Riser Displays, Display Risers , but there seems to be a lot of different places to buy them from.

2. CookSux

CookSux Infectious Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Let me know if you find anything. A buddy of mine uses clear trading card holders as his risers. They do a decent job, but it just looks ugly in my opinion.

3. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

I've bought some stair-style acrylic risers from that Collecting Warehouse site you found, and have been really happy with them. They are good quality, and class up a display nicely. If I could afford it I'd buy tons more stands and shelves from them.

If you have a plastics store in your area, you might check with them. Here in San Francisco we have a store called Tap Plastics, and they sell some acrylic risers and cases as well. There might be an equivalent place where you are. The Container Store also has acrylic risers.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2012
  4. Noizemaze

Noizemaze Ken

News Credits:
  5. optics

optics Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Damn, I wish those stair stands were cheaper. I need at least 2.

6. UMC

UMC Huh?

News Credits:
    You can try http://www.tapplastics.com/

but I bought a portable table saw from Home Depot, and a few acrylic sheet with acrylic cement from Tap Plastics and made my own

7. skiss

skiss Crash and Burn

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks, I've been keeping on eye on those if I ever needed one. Speaking of dynamic poses. Is it the Action base stands that people use to get their figures in fighting poses?

Also thanks for the feedback guys, I think I will end up buying a couple of sets from the website I linked and let you all know how they end up.

*UPDATE* Just put in my order for 3 generic sets of stands, prices are good but the shipping was about $15 which was more than I expected. Will update when I get them.

8. Fr33domgundam

Fr33domgundam Well-Known Member

Funny, I was JUST looking for some earlier today at the office as well.

I wanted to look for risers sort of like this:
    Acrylic Short Display Riser 7" x 14" x 14" - Zakka Canada

But instead of being 14"x7"x14" (WxHxD), it would be good if they were 14"x7"x7" instead, so that you can have a semi 2-level staircase...