Digibash: Acid Storm Ideas

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Ravenxl7, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Basically just some Acid Storm repaint ideas I've come up with. I might do one or two of them, though most of these are just digibashes, and, as far as I'm concerned, will remain digibashes. Now that I have the Classics version of him, he is now my 2nd favorite Seeker (1st is, and will more than likely always be, Skywarp). What do you guys think?

1. Movie
    2. Animated
    3. Titanium
    4. Universe
    5. Legends
    6. Robot Hero

Attached Files:

2. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    I really like the Titanium, Robot Heroes, and Legends! :thumbs2: 

TFTM doesn't work IMO, and Spurt Reynolds did such an awesome job with animated, I don't even think there is a need to do it! We can just admire his!:thumbs2: 

I would definitely consider doing the top three I mentioned, Good job on the digis!:thumbs2: 

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Thanks :D . I do agree, the Movie one doesn't really work, but I decided to do it anyways (basically just to see what it would look like). As for the Animated one, I know it's been done before, but I wanted to do my own version, and it's one of the two I'm thinking about actually doing. Not to put down SR's, but there were certain things about his I honestly don't like. Personally I'm actually hoping Hasbro decides to make more Acid Storm's down the road. at the very least some sort of Animated and Robot Heroes versions, if not a Movie, and then whatever line that will be coming after Animated is finally done.

4. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    I'm actually really impressed with how well the titanium version works, I'd buy it in a second. And I passed on titaniums! The Legends would also look good with the Cybertron SS mold, since we just got Thrust and Ramjet in those target legends 5 packs!

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Thanks. The Titanium one did turn out really well. Would be cool to see Acid Storm, and maybe some other repaints of the mold, make it to the Universe line, but in all plastic. A Legends class version using the Cy. SS mold would be interesting, and it definitely would help extend that group of seekers. Only two left would be Thundercracker and Skywarp, though I'm not sure they would actually do Skywarp, since they did an exclusive one of him a while back (forget for what though), and it was very G1 Skywarpy.

6. BigRC83

BigRC83 I'm singing in the rain

News Credits:
    I keep seeing and reading about Acid Storm. I guess I have to purchase this guy now. Oh well. Hey those repaint ideas look fantastic. Especially that titanium one and I h@ted that line. BTW, where is the masterpiece version?

7. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Thanks. Haven't done the MP digibash yet. I'm going to wait and do that one when I can pay more attention to details. These one's here were a little rushed.

8. Mastergeorge

Mastergeorge I should burn my wallet.

News Credits:
    The movie one looks like waspinator.....
    I like the tituanim one thought.

9. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Thanks. Honestly, Movie Starscream will almost always look like Waspinator when colored green.

10. grimlockprime

grimlockprime Well-Known Member

very true

11. supertrOOper

supertrOOper Banned

I like the ATF,Titanium, Robot Heroes, and Legends!

But like everyone said about the Acid Storm movie version isn't gonna cut it.

12. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

I actually like every single one you've done. I think the Movie version works, but I'd swap the head with Movie Thundercracker's.

The best looking one is Titanium. Animated would also be nice (who cares if Spurt already did one).

But I'd really like to see you carry any one of these out...or your other digis for that matter. It's great to have ideas and all, but what good are they if you're not actually going to apply them to the toys themselves? Are you apprehensive about taking your figures apart and customizing them? If so, that's perfectly natural.

My apologies for getting on your case. I used to be the same way. And now I'm going forward with some of my ideas as you've seen with some of my recent projects.

Hope this doesn't offend you.

But with that logic, what would be the point to Radicons? That's almost like saying there's no need for someone to make their own Defensor because they can just admire F_R's. :2c: 

13. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Thanks for the compliments. The reason I do more digibashes than kitbashes is, well, to put it simply, I just don't have enough extra cash to do them. I so far have 9 finished kitbashes, 3 WIP, 3 that I have the mold but just need to start working on them, and 5 that I have planned but still need to get the figures for them (put into list form below). Most of my digibashes are done pretty much out of boredom in my free time. I post them to get opinions about my digibashing, and to also hopefully inspire others with ideas.

Finished:
    -Cl. Prima
    -Cl. Tracks
    -Cl. Perceptor
    -Mo. Warpath
    -Un. Wheeljack
    -Cl. Overlord
    -Cl. Bludgeon
    -Cl. Thundercracker

WIP:
    -Cl. Raven-XL7
    -Cl. Megatron
    -Cl. Kickback

Have molds for:
    -Cl. Beachcomber
    -An. Glyph
    -Cl. Sunstorm
    -Cl. Shrapnel (have it, just need to find it, lol)

Planned:
    -Cl. Database
    -Mo. Raven-XL7
    -Cl. Blitzwing
    -Cl. Bombshell
    -An. Bugbite

14. JazzEd

JazzEd Truckasaurus!

Titanium one seems to fit perfect. Great job!

15. FrankyWest

FrankyWest As far as it goes

16. spawnofunicron

spawnofunicron Well-Known Member

i like the movie version actually except the head colors but i think the cyclonus version looks kinda ugly for my taste but overall good work

17. Sound Blaster

Sound Blaster Shattered Glass World

[​IMG]

I've actually making a movie version of mine because I had to re-paint my Skywarp now that wee are getting the reak one soon..

18. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    If the official Skywarp had the non fugly head I would get him too. Starscream will just have to be the only Seeker in my Movie collection, unless they give us another one that I like enough to buy. Also, this may be a little bit of an odd question, but, why do you have a link to my digibash in your post? May just be me, but it seems kinda odd considering it's already in the thread.

19. Sound Blaster

Sound Blaster Shattered Glass World

Because I was showing that one that I was working on except the head was from a Thundercracker.

20. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Than a link to your WIP would make sense, not a link to a digibash that I did that's already in this thread. I could be reading your post wrong, and please don't take this personally when I say it, but it still makes absolutely no sense to me.