ACE Collectibles AC-01 Tumbler

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by Maz, Nov 23, 2016.

1. Maz

Maz Square One TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Please welcome ACE Collectibles to the 3rd Party Transformers scene. This company that sent out samples of their Immortal Series red 01 ”Tumbler” and yellow 02 ”Hiccups” to reviewers and photographers, asking them to keep it under wraps until their chosen reveal date, have launched their brand with a very popular and glaring omission at Masterpiece scale and have seemingly modeled Tumbler very closely on MP-21 Masterpiece Bumblebee. Featuring a significant amount of die cast metal and 3 different robot mode heads, let’s see how well this slots into a Masterpiece display.

ACE Collectibles Tumbler | Source Blog <- CLICK TO READ

Tumbler06.jpg Tumbler20.jpg Tumbler24.jpg Tumbler26.jpg

All the best
    Maz

• Like Like x 1
  2. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

You mentioned something in your article I wanted to discuss:

"....Something that Tumbler has helped me realise is that I definitely want an eventual official Masterpiece figure of this toy to have the super-deformed cartoon and Generation 1 toy look in vehicle mode, and the subsequent proportions that will afford it in robot mode."

Since this is essentially a reshell of MP Bumblebee, did you feel the same way about that figure? Because I've mentioned to numerous people that I prefer Toyworld's Bii over MP Bumblebee for just that reason.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Maz

Maz Square One TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Actually, no. I didn't get the same feeling at all about MP-21, in fact I felt that figure struck a perfect balance with its aesthetic choices. Maybe it's just the execution of the proportions here that are pushing me so firmly to that opinion with Cliff?

All the best
    Maz

4. SocrManiac

SocrManiac TFW2005 Supporter

I realize there's a strong love of diecast around here and I don't want to ruffle feathers. This guy is a great example of why I don't like it. The tolerance you can hold on diecast parts is far inferior to plastic and it isn't capable of anywhere near the same level of detail. The result is floppy, washed out feet.

He's great Cliffjumper filler on a carbot MP shelf but the material decision makes the overall presentation suffer.

5. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got him in. I agree that the die cast content is too high. Way too high. That said, I do like him. Quite a bit, in fact. He looks the part in both modes and while his transformation is a bit finicky, he sells the part pretty well.

My only criticisms are the wobbly heads, that the Bumblebee-ish head is the closest one to being accurate and the mirrors. (Sooner or later, those mirrors are going to come off.)

I love the presentation, they really went all out for this guy and it shows they care and try. The fact that they're listening to the customers about the complaints and recommendations is something that impresses me. I'm also glad they were able to get this out so soon. It's refreshing to have a company say "Here's a sample, we have this product coming out next month." and then...it actually does! And earlier than expected, even!

More of this, please ACE.

• Like Like x 1
  6. edefreitas78

edefreitas78 New Member

Hi,

I'm trying to contact ACE as my Tumbler arrived with his right leg backwards, that or has two left legs.

Does anyone knows how to contact them?

I've tried their FB page already with no luck.

Thank you!

7. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  8. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  9. Doro626

Doro626 Active Member