accsuperstar

Discussion in 'Junkion Exchange Feedback' started by Brawl, Aug 31, 2007.

1. Brawl

Brawl Master of Destruction

I'm pretty sure I was scammed by a new(er) member. He goes by accsuperstar. He had a Meister/Jazz Alt he was selling. I PM'ed him and asked him to hold it last Thursday. He agreed. I paid him this Monday via Paypal and he said he would ship it out Tuesday morning. He was responsive and communicative up to that point.

Since then he will not respond to me. I've sent a PM via the boards on Wednesday requesting a tracking # (if & when he had it). No response. I emailed him yesterday with the same request. No response. I IM'ed (via AIM) him last night again with the same request and again today. Both were without a response. I've seen him on the boards since Monday too, yesterday being the last time he was on.

Now, even if he hasn't sent the item yet, I'd appreciate him at least telling me that, instead of zero communication altogether. I don't think I'm being unreasonable or overreacting.

Anyone else have any communication or a transaction with this person?

[UPDATE: Aug 31st] Well if I overreacted, I apologize, but he finally emailed me back. I don't know if was a result of this conversation or not, but I still find the fact of lack of response in a timely matter unsettling. Thanks again for everyones input.

[UPDATE: Sept 5th] Item was received, but he could definitely work on communication in my opinion.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2007
  2. CompuGlobal HyperMegatron

CompuGlobal HyperMegatron Nobody summons Megatron

He agreed to purchase Alt Tracks from me. I asked if it was a problem for him to wait for me to ship on Sat, he said np and had to transfer money to his PayPal on Friday. Friday morning I send him my PayPal info and requested the address he wants it shipped to. I haven't heard from him at all, and have sent PMs.

3. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

He's logging on, so it's reasonable to assume he's seeing your PMs. But maybe post again in his thread, letting him know you've sent more PMs.

But yeah, this is why I generally don't do business with folks that don't have a feedback thread.

PM him one last time, then take it up with PayPal.

4. ROCK_LEE

ROCK_LEE Well-Known Member

its only been a couple of days.... I've waited way longer to have something shipped later than it was supposed to. Its too early to overreact at this point. Maybe he got caught up and didn't get a chance to send it out.

5. theLostSeeker

theLostSeeker Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's waaaay too early to freak out.

6. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I'd say wait a bit before saying he's a seller fraud. This is all over the course of, what...a week? He may be trying to deal with some shit in his personal life or something.

If it goes on like 3-4 weeks, it might be time to try and seek some outside help.

7. Brawl

I totally agree with you, but to not even respond to my IM's is not acceptable. He comes online and never responds. He could at least say, I'm got your message, I'm busy and will get back with you or something like that. I think some kind of response from one of my attempts isn't unreasonable or anything. Right?

If you guys really think I'm being unreasonable, then I'll wait a few more days, but if I don't get a response from him soon, I will file a dispute claim with Paypal. When blindly dealing with someone's money, I think it's your best interest to stay in communication with them.

8. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    I can understand that. Fraud my be too strong a word. At this point saying poor comunication is fair. The fact that he has been on the boards since the PM's were sent, including since this thread was started, the guy could at least give the curtousy to answer the PMs with a "I'm busy". To me though, too busy to send a PM is too busy to mess around on a message board. That's just me.

9. Brawl

The problem with that is Paypal.

I just don't want to wait too long and not be able to get anything out of this failed transaction. Again, I don't want to overreact either. That's why I kind of turned to the more "senior" members with some advice. I don't want to "jump the gun", but no way do I want to get scammed either.

Thanks guys for any advice you give. It's all appreciated.

10. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Did you try PMing Liokaiser?

11. encline

encline customizer of love TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    No response is alway I problem,I would be worried too.

12. Brawl

Received item today. So in the end it all worked out. Still wanted better communication, but over all it ended in a good transaction.

(Title can be changed to just 'accsuperstar' if a mod feels up to it.)

13. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    I would also change your original post to something along the lines of. "Recieved item as promised, communication could have been a little better" or something along those lines.

14. Vagabond Elf

Vagabond Elf Well-Known Member

I realise the issue is resolved, but I just wanted to point something out for future reference. Ops_was_a_truck suggested waiting 4 weeks. You were concerned that would put you out of Paypal's dispute window. But according to the quote from Paypal you have 45 days to file the dispute.

4 weeks is 28 days.

Once the initial dispute is files, you have 20 days or just under three weeks to escalate the dispute to a claim. All together, 65 days (over 8 weeks) from the time the money was sent.

The point I'm trying to draw from this is one can very safely wait a month for things to sort themselves out.

15. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Title amended, and I'm glad it all worked out for the best.

16. Brawl

I realize this, but I did not feel comfortable with handing over money to him and not have any communication with him after that point. The very least he could have done is said, I'm busy, out of town, got run over by a car or something and he'll get with me shortly.

I said I might have jumped the gun, but when two people who don't know each other are dealing with money, it's best to have good communication.

Any ways, it's over.

Thanks.