According to them, melee was better in ROTF.

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Sideswipe80, Jun 13, 2010.

1. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  2. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    Sounds like the OP over there is a bit bitter that he sucks at melee.

3. Ultimate Matt X

Ultimate Matt X Well-Known Member

I'm not sure about the comparisons, but I do think melee is a bit of a weak point. Though since it is so strong I'm not entirely sure its a bad thing that it isn't easy to connect.

4. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    For someone who hasn't played the game you sure are aggressively opposed to the opinions of people who have.

5. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    Melee doesn't have as many options. But the games so fast, it's not really necessary. If they had 3 hit combos in this games, you'd probably get killed everytime you did one, as someone would be shooting you while you did it.

6. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    Stupid Double post

7. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Huh? I'm just trying to get discussions and see others opinion. I have nothing against what these guys are saying. Not sure where you got that from. I like hearing other views on the game. I'm not against anyone or bashing anything.

8. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    He may be referring to me,in which case,how do you know that I have not played the demo?

Just because I only have a PS3 does not mean that my other friends do not,which in the case of my best friend....he does,and guess what he has downloaded.....the WFC demo,so guess who has indeed played said demo.....yours truly,of course all of this is a moot point if your were not in fact...referring to me.

9. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't really think it's too strong. The only thing I don't like about WFC's melee system is that it seems a little more inconsistent than ROTF's. On the other hand, like one of the posters there pointed out, I hated how in ROTF when you were melee'd, you couldn't really do fight back. So, in the end, I prefer WFC's melee system. It's not perfect, but I still think it's a bit better than ROTF's.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2010
  10. demonicvenom07

demonicvenom07 Well-Known Member

I thnk the melee is fine. It might be a little over powered, but at the same time its easier to dodge to.

11. Frans42000

Frans42000 Well-Known Member

The only thing I notice about WFC's melée system, is that it is possible to get a fatal headshot with it.

I like it this way.

I only ever played the demo for RotF, and the controls sucked. WFC is a better game IMHO.

12. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sideswipe, stop reading GameFAQs. They are the cesspoll of internet gaming stupidity and trolling.

Melee in Revenge of the Fallen was like a ridged combo. You were frozen in place and basically did three button presses to look cool. Any poor sap stuck in it was just fodder until you finished, but so were you. It locked you from really moving anywhere, and felt so tacked on.

WFC has melee as a last resort/surprise attack close range lunge that fells a little slippery and awkward at first, (namely because your character jets forward and slides on the ground and only makes one swipe). It's meant for a clean finish so you can blow through the other bot and keep moving to take on his buddy. If you tried to combo the other guy would blast you before you finished.

13. magmatron

magmatron Hyper Sentinel Force!

News Credits:
    ^
    Exactlly. Besides, how many of the popular multi shooter games like Gears or COD have a combo system?

14. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Melee was better in ROTF. HM really should have chose a different button to use than the stick for Melee.

15. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    No. Melee was the scourge of multiplayer in RotF. If you got caught with one punch you were stuck in the rest of the combo and couldn't block, if I remember correctly. That would lead to having an opening to try and escape for a split second, but you'd usually get caught in another combo and die. Prime's melee ability was rediculously over-used.

As much as I love RotF's multiplayer, the melee system was really annoying.

16. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The melee in ROTF wasn't that strong at all unless you did the special attack from alt mode or the charged up attack. Heck half of the time you can't even reach a lot of the characters to do a melee attack.

17. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    In WFC I wish the Melee had some type of target assist.
    In the demo I was slashing to the left or right, but rarely hit my target with a melee attack.

18. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    You say "according to them" yet everyone seems to disagree with the OP.

19. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

What i dont get is why people are worried so much about the melee in a game designed to be a shooter. They are not designing a fighting game. The only time i use melee in shooters in which its available is a last resort or for entertainment in Gears of War with the Lancer i mean a chainsaw on a gun just awesome. Other wise melee is not that important in a shooter.

20. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    C'mon man, there were plenty of ways to avoid being repeatedly melee'd. Dodge, jump, melee back, run away. That's not even taking into account things like special abilities.