Accidently Deleted Soundmax

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Sharktibolt, May 26, 2012.

1. Sharktibolt

Sharktibolt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Okay, so I'm hoping someone here might be able to give me some advice on how to fix a problem.

So some time ago I was clearing files from my laptop because the Local Disk is getting full. I deleted something called Soundmax because it was something that's been on my computer since I bought it but I've never seen it before and it said it hadn't been used since I bought it.

Well it turns out that that thing was a key part of my sound system for the laptop. It still works in that I can mute it and change the volume, which is why I haven't had a problem with it. The main problem I'm just now noticing though is that plugging in headphones no longer works. Even though they're plugged in I can't hear through them and the noise is just coming from the laptop's speakers.

I'm hoping someone can help me, or at least point me in the direction of getting this fixed. And before anyone asks, I have tried System Restore, but apparently it's not set up on my laptop.

EDIT: Although I suppose this just adds on ANOTHER reason for why I need a new laptop, along with the bottom of my laptop screen being fuzzy like a TV with no cable, the battery or something is faulty in that it will randomly lock me out of wireless by making the blue light orange, and the Local Disk is getting near full.

2. Scorpion

Scorpion Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    it's a driver...probably go to the manufacturers website to find it again and just reinstall the whole sound driver...