Minor/Repaint: Accidental Rebirth

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by AutoCon2076, Mar 26, 2007.

1. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

Don't worry, he'll get better. I'm going to school for Autobody & Paint, and I'm already skilled at wiring lights/stereos and such. I'm going to be adding some things to this guy in the future (weekend) to make him a bit cooler. And his name is temp; might change. The one thing that won't is his color. I'm going to add more damage, if anything.

Also, I'm pondering scrapping the muffler in the rear and adding pipes straight through the hood. All I'd have to do afterwards is make a fully-body exterior cage ala demo-derby and I'll be set. If I can figure out a way to keep the c-pillars without the rear windows, expect him to be glass-less. Netting is way cooler.

~Z
    PS: Didn't the primer tell you he's a work-in-progress?! ^_^
    [​IMG]

2. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

I thought of something else....

Put tint on the back window, but you have to make it full of air bubbles. It would also be cool to make the wheels look like just steel rims.

And if you could simulate the CV joint going out on the car, that would be cool too.

3. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

I thought of something else....

Put tint on the back window, but you have to make it full of air bubbles. It would also be cool to make the wheels look like just steel rims.

And if you could simulate the CV joint going out on the car, that would be cool too.

4. AutoCon2076

The back window is spraypainted flat-black as of now - on the outside. The side windows are flat-black on the inside, hence their glossiness. Good idea on the half-axle, but I'm not doing that. If you look closely, the tires are set for a RWD platform. Passenger all-weather radials upfront, and beefier dirt-tires in the back. His basic street-style would be drifter. All-throttle no-bottle. The hood-pipes would further point away from factory AWD.

~Z

5. AutoCon2076

The back window is spraypainted flat-black as of now - on the outside. The side windows are flat-black on the inside, hence their glossiness. Good idea on the half-axle, but I'm not doing that. If you look closely, the tires are set for a RWD platform. Passenger all-weather radials upfront, and beefier dirt-tires in the back. His basic street-style would be drifter. All-throttle no-bottle. The hood-pipes would further point away from factory AWD.

~Z

6. FireShot

FireShot Autobot Recon Team

I like the "wounded" look...primer and dents...maybe broken head lights from being shot out.

A alt fig that has seen action...and lived to tell about it.

7. FireShot

FireShot Autobot Recon Team

I like the "wounded" look...primer and dents...maybe broken head lights from being shot out.

A alt fig that has seen action...and lived to tell about it.

8. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Well, the nature and direction of your custom is a "WIP." My statement was directed to my perception that I don't see this as a trashed custom, even if you may have felt this is where it ended up. If you are short on a headlight/grill piece, I have an extra. I can easily see that piece being added, a nice top coat added, and whola! New Alt custom!

If you're wanting a damaged Alt, that's cool too. I was just saying that I didn't see it locked in that way. ;) 

9. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Well, the nature and direction of your custom is a "WIP." My statement was directed to my perception that I don't see this as a trashed custom, even if you may have felt this is where it ended up. If you are short on a headlight/grill piece, I have an extra. I can easily see that piece being added, a nice top coat added, and whola! New Alt custom!

If you're wanting a damaged Alt, that's cool too. I was just saying that I didn't see it locked in that way. ;) 

10. TENIME_art

TENIME_art Ethically Challenged

Ebay:
    Spinners. Put spinners on the tires! :lol 

11. TENIME_art

TENIME_art Ethically Challenged

Ebay:
    Spinners. Put spinners on the tires! :lol 

12. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    I like what you've done, purposely or not...."battle damage" for a lack of a better term, always looks cool to me.

It gives it a more "real life" feeling to it.

I went for the same thing on my Alt Wrecker custom, and it came out pretty sweet if I say so myself......a bot cant have a pretty paintjob forever, its bound to get messed up eventually

13. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    I like what you've done, purposely or not...."battle damage" for a lack of a better term, always looks cool to me.

It gives it a more "real life" feeling to it.

I went for the same thing on my Alt Wrecker custom, and it came out pretty sweet if I say so myself......a bot cant have a pretty paintjob forever, its bound to get messed up eventually

14. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    Ooo! Take out one of the side windows, and tape some ceran wrap or other flexible clear or black plastic (black trash bags are ones I commonly see used in RL) over where it was. Duct taped bag windows; The true sign of someone who spent all the money tweaking the inner workings and didn't have any money left over to fix racing damages.

(Or just of a car that's been parked overnight in one bad-parking lot too many)

15. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    Ooo! Take out one of the side windows, and tape some ceran wrap or other flexible clear or black plastic (black trash bags are ones I commonly see used in RL) over where it was. Duct taped bag windows; The true sign of someone who spent all the money tweaking the inner workings and didn't have any money left over to fix racing damages.

(Or just of a car that's been parked overnight in one bad-parking lot too many)

16. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    Hey...thats actually one of my on going Alt bashes!

17. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    Hey...thats actually one of my on going Alt bashes!

18. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    hey, nobody uses trash bags in me!

19. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    hey, nobody uses trash bags in me!

20. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Hurts feelings being honest.

News Credits:
    After the icecream truck I saw with spinners everything else seems to fall short.
    And yes a hanging headlight goes a long way.

[​IMG]