Accidental Collections

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by NeilJam, Jan 12, 2018.

1. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    If any of you are figments of my feverish imagination you're in more serious trouble than you thought...

• Like Like x 2
  2. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee Funny Little Man

I would recommend Wave 3 Bumblebee. The only negative is that the leg joints are a bit loose. Aside from that, he has an accurate sculpt and cannon, wheels on the inside of his ankles, double-door wings, and back kibble that collapses almost completely into the back. I can't imagine a more perfect mainline Bumblebee figure being made.

3. Zoingo

Zoingo Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if this counts, but with Combiner Wars and Power of the Primes, I'll get an individual limb simply because I like the figure... and then, eventually, end up completing the team, legends class figure and all. What can I say, my weak point is combiners.

4. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    I think my entire collection is by accident.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Nitro Zeus

Nitro Zeus Member

No clue how, but I have two Movie One Legends Barricade versions (one reg, one Recon), two Movie One Barricade deluxes(one Premium, one Recon), and two DotM Barricades. I only remember buying the recon ones and one DotM deluxe.

6. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

Believe it or not....My Mps.....It was supposed to end at the very first: Mp10 SG....But nooooooooo.......

EDIT: Actually my very first was Mp3 which was a gift. I just wanted to burn the remaining money of a paycheck and bought Mp10 just for it but as i said: Nooooooooo.......

7. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Hurts feelings being honest.

News Credits:
    That I can relate to. "Oh, they're on sale? I'll buy ten."

8. Isaac Hill

Isaac Hill Systems Analyst

I found Wave 3 Bee again today, slightly cheaper and with better paint, so I picked him up. Stuff pops off him a little too easily, but he is pretty nice. If he'd been made for an earlier movie, when Deluxes were a bit bigger, he might be sturdier, but I'm satsified, and now have 6.7 movie Bees.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Jdk504

Jdk504 REDWOLF

Curious why you chose the battle damaged version besides the original release? Is it because of trying to locate it or do you prefer the BD version better?

I ask bc I'm having a hard time choosing between the regular version or the BD version. I'm afraid the BD version will be overdone and not look right.

Your thoughts?

10. Nemesis Otaku

Nemesis Otaku Why did I un-ironically call myself an otaku?

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    What's funny is that I have 0 Bumblebee figures in my current collection. Just like everyone else in TF collecting, I've acquired a couple of Optimus Primes.

1. CW Prime was actually one of first toys when I started collecting.

2. Battle Core CW Prime. I have him as a stand in for Nova Prime.

3. G2 deco of TR Prime/Octone mold.

4. MP-10 YOTG version. My first MP

5. TLK Voyager Prime.

6. MPM Prime.

7. While I don't currently have him, I plan on buying POTP Optimus as soon as I see him in the wild.

8. Studio Series Prime is the same case as 7.

11. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

News Credits:
    Ultimately its for variation since I already have the 18" MAS01 Prime as my "big" G1 Prime. Plus, I think the battle damage will look great with some of Prime's outer shell being taken off. He can represent Prime from the movie after being fatally wounded by Megatron.

• Like Like x 1
  12. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee Funny Little Man

I think it might be Prime Masters for me. When I first saw them, I didn't think I'd care much for them. I bought Metalhawk/Vector Prime on impulse, and I ended up liking him so much I impulse bought the rest of the Wave 1 Prime Masters. Now I eagerly await Wave 2's Prime Masters...

13. Autoclot

Autoclot Well-Known Member

Classics (2007ish) Rodimus mould - this toy was out around the time I started collecting as an adult and I didn't really like it, so passed, but then the Battle in Space pack came out with Cyclonus and I got that. Not long after, I got the transparent blue one from the United (eHobby?) set and the blue TFCC one (Side Burn), and recently the SG version. As a sub-collection, the SG version and the two blue ones are all in Shadow Scyther armour :) 

14. Blackout32

Blackout32 ANTHRAX - PERSISTENCE OF TIME

Cybertron The Matrix of leadership knowledge,power
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    So totally agree x2 times cause back in 02',if i didn't meet a guy on AOL i wouldn't have learned about transformers g1 back in stores. For me,... I'm so thankful that if i didn't meet that fellow transformers fan and convince me to recollect transformers i wouldn't be where im at now. So I'm very happy i started collecting back then cause i have some amazing transformers in my collection and that's from the heart. Just my 2 cents of an accidental collection. I look back now 16yrs and go how did i manage to get into collecting at a great time before all this great stuff got released in these yrs.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  15. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    You're still missing one.
    [​IMG]

16. Alterator

Alterator Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I ended up with nearly all of the figures from the first 3 movies, without realizing it. 4-5 years ago, many sellers on TFW had bulk lots of figures up, from different lines. I bought 4 or 5 of them within about a year, as they were amazing deals for the items I wanted - and happened to come along with a bunch of movie toys too. I realized when the last one came in, that I actually had a decent movie collection (never collected them before, I figured I would just sell them off afterward.) Besides a few duplicates, I ended up with the entire DOTM line, and most of the TF2007 and ROTF lines. Weird how, in nearly every circumstance, the lots did not overlap.

So I kept them, bought about 8 more than were missing, and now my movie line is pretty decent :) 

17. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

I realised i had accidentally made a classics masterforce shelf, with a few customs.