Accessory packs for transformers

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by jerminator, Apr 18, 2011.

1. jerminator

jerminator Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I was watching the latest webisode of Action Figure Therapy yesterday and it reminded me of how back in the day, Hasbro sold weapons and accessory packs for GI Joes, for about the same price as a Joe. I honestly think this would be great for Transformers, considering that most of the figures nowadays have standardized fists/hands. Imho, they would sell like mad. We all have lost a gun or sword or missile or twelve thousand and cursed the carpet on hands and knees. Is anyone else with me on this?

2. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Third parties are sure with you.

3. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Well, the 3rd parties have done a pretty good job so far IMO. I have the G3 trailer with all its extra weaponry and the 1st Gear of War set on pre order, which has some decent bits and pieces in it (only really getting it for Inferno's ladder though).

I know it's not official stuff, but it'll do me.

4. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

No, they would not "sell like mad" if they were mass-produced by Hasbro. That's catering to a really specific niche, and the thing with GI Joe is that the weapons are kinda universal, while Transformer weapons are either character-specific, or they're somehow integrated into the transformation.

5. jerminator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    With all due respect, the target demographic aren't going to care if said black gun doesn't go with said figure as long as it looks cool and fits in his fist. This isn't something that would be collector-specific as the 3rd party accessories are. Consider it a booster pack. You remember when you were a kid and lost your favorite toy's gun or sword, you'd find a replacement from another and it didn't matter if it was "his" weapon or not, as long as it fit. Unless you were THAT little anal retentive twerp who just had to have everything match exactly. I guess you're not one of those guys who gave Perceptor Blurr's rifle either eh?

6. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

1. I don't know, the way you're marketing it, it's kinda relying on the target demographic being irresponsible with their things. And I'm going to stand by my argument of Hasbro trying its best to integrate weapons into transformation. That's why we see much fewer parts that have nowhere to go in one mode or another.
    2. I'm always THAT little anal retentive twerp. It's what I do best.

7. Cool Hand Lube

Cool Hand Lube Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have wanted Hasbro to do this for years, but the last time they did was for SW: Episode 1 TPM line and they languished on grocery store shelves everywhere for $1.99.

Still think it would be cool, though.

8. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd buy them.

9. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    Eh, I really dislike standardized weapons for TFs. If not transforming along with the rest of the bot, ideally the weapon should at least take cues from the alternate mode and blend in even if it can't actually click in anywhere. Generic guns and swords bore me.

However, I do love standardized ports/grips/etc..

10. Blitzwing256

Blitzwing256 Triple changer

the gijoe ones and the heman ones shelfwarmed for over a decade in some stores where i used to live, in fact i remeeber going back in 2009 and picking up joe accesory pack #1 at the very same store i used to shop in as a kid. as cool as they are, they just don't sell.

11. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    i'd love it, especially now that most figs have 3mm clip on points

12. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd buy 'em in a heartbeat.

13. Facemeat

Facemeat Give me your Face(meat)!

Why don't they just do what they do with certain Star Wars figures and include a shat ton of bonus standardized weapons with certain figures? I think that would work a lot better.

14. Movie PRIME

Movie PRIME Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was thinking about this very same thing just the other day, and yes I am with you!

GIVE ME MORE WEAPONS HASBRO!!!!! Please?

15. iamste

iamste Well-Known Member

Blurr was a godsend to me because it meant Perceptor had his sniper rifle, and I used one of the other hand guns on Hound, so now he has his shoulder cannon and a pistol.

I really do want some weapon packs. 3rd party ones are great an I appricate what they're doing, but they're still a tad on the expensive side.

16. Movie PRIME

Movie PRIME Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    By the way if any one here has Weapons that fit a 5mm hole for sell, let me know I'm in the market! :D 

17. jerminator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
  18. Yaujta

Yaujta Not a Bear TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I remember the GIJoe ones were also through the points redemption system as well, along with vehicles, parachutes and a sail board (yep, I still have them all). It was an excellent way to get a bunch of extra weapons as a reward for all of your parent's purchasing.
    If Hasbro went back to that, not limiting it to the over-priced Collector's Club, it would be a boon to those of us that appreciate random weaponry and bits.

As was said, with all the 3mm hard points running around, a big pack of the clip weapons would be awesome!

19. llfalcon

llfalcon Well-Known Member

I'd be down for some accessory packs. Throw in some dual pistols, a rifle and a canon. Another set with a sword instead of the canon and another chock full of 3mm clips.

20. jerminator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    If I were able to afford a Botcon trip, I'd definitely ask about the possibility but.. not on the cards for me this year at least.