accesorize

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Orion_Prime48, Oct 13, 2008.

1. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    ok I was looking over some of my figures and some just look weak without guns so I started doing some mixing and matching and I gave my Classics Sideswipe my Classics Prowl gun he looks really good with it actually even if its a little small. anybody else do this with your figures? ive also given my otherwise weaponless Energon Windrazor part of the bow to Energon Arcee he looks pretty badass with it

and also will the G1 Sideswipe gun fit in the 2.0 Sideswipes hand?

2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Eh, I personally don't think any of my bots are lacking in the weapons department. The only one I gave a gun to from another figure was Cliffjumper, and that was more to separate him from Bumblebee a bit more, whom I have posed with his jet ski backpack. Everybody else has their own weapons, except two of Ruination, who is only holding one of his guns, the rest are either in a plastic bag filled with other extra parts, or in Cliffjumper's hands, who has two of the black one's (Rollbar's two guns if my memory is correct).

3. Orion_Prime48

News Credits:
    well this and Windrazor are the first time ive done it I only do it if the figure has nothing to hold in his/her hands Sideswipe just looks bland (yet badass at the same time) with that little gun on his shoulder

4. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    Pfft. My Superlink Galvatron has no open slots on him. One of the things I loved about the Energon/Superlink was how they had all these extra spaces for additional weapons, so he's absurdly armed. He's got Terrorcon Divebombs weapons on his wingtip minicon pegs, Terrorcon Ravages missle launchers on his underwings, Terrorcon Cruellocks gun on his tank drone slot, a pair of Night Phantom cannons on his nosecone slots, and Cybertron Minicon Scythe on his tank peg in gatling cannon mode. He's also got both Night Phantom Energon Stars on his shoulders.

Superlink Galvatron General is also somewhat overarmed, with a minicon Leader-1 on each wingtip minicon peg, Doomlocks gun in the tank drone slot, a pair of "violet blade" cannons on his nosecone slots, and Cybertron Minicon Bug General on the tank minicon peg. He's also got both "Violet blade" Energon Stars on his shoulders.

So, yes. I do move the weapons and whatnot about.

5. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Not a chance. Who ever said that first needs a smack up the side the head.

6. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

I'm baffled as to how Energon Windrazor, who's got those two long rifles, is considered weaponless.

Still, this thread looks very similar to a previously posted one (currently on the same page) by unicronsupreme, and a mod may choose to merge them. Even if not, though, you could do well to check it out, as there's some decent weapons upgrade ideas going on in there:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-toy-discussion/192792-guns-vague-i-know-come-read.html

And no, most of the G1 Autobot car weapons won't fit in Universe/Classics hands, as in the pegs are far smaller. If you wanted to use the guns for Universe instead of G1, you could bulk the pegs out with styrene tubing or similar...

7. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Er... actually it will. The peg itself does not fit, but the rounded part above the peg does fit. So... he's just holding the gun a little higher. At leat the reissue Swipe's gun that I have fits like this.

Another G1 gun that works out really well is Cerebros' small gun from Fortress Maximus. The peg is just the right size and the RID/CR version of the gun (which is red) looks really good in Cliffjumper's hand (probably looks good for Swipe too... I'll have to check that out...).

Last edited: Oct 14, 2008
  8. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

And my reissue Sideswipes gun doesn't fit in Sunstreakers hands at all. The peg is about 3-4 times too small for the hole in the hand, the part above the peg is only a bit thicker. And universe Sunstreaker and Sideswipe are identical save their heads.

9. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Odd.

Edit: Just checked mine out and, it appears that my gun has some plastic flash on it. This is probably what's keeping my gun in his hand. So, I guess you are right and it doesn't fit.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2008
  10. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

I tried fitting a reissue Red Alert's gun in Sunny's hand. No dice.

11. simplygriff

simplygriff ยต - Elitist Dick

News Credits:
    :useless 

Just sayin'
    :( 
    -G

12. Orion_Prime48

News Credits:
    My Windrazor doesnt have any accesroies thats why I consider him weaponless

[​IMG]

EDIT: heres a pic of Swipe with Prowls gun

[​IMG]

13. xNotMyFuturex

xNotMyFuturex Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've been using alot of weapons from a bunch of Gundam figures that have been sitting in a box in my room for years. I'm glad I finally found a use for them. I also found a 1/144 scale Gundam weapons pack online for pretty cheap, but I'm not sure how well they will fit with my TF figures.