[ABRIN/2018] - Brazil Hasbro Movies Studios Series

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Rustwave, Mar 7, 2018.

1. John TheDestroyer

John TheDestroyer Oof

News Credits:
    Wait what? I'm gonna grab him for $25-$27 off of a walmart shelf when he comes out.

And I don't see why everyone is saying they're meant to be premium. Were they marketed that way and I'm just forgetting? As far as I know, these are just regular retail figures like any other line.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    So Megatron still carries the silver paint in Alt mode, correct? That means he has the same exact amount of silver paint as Jazz does. It's just that Megatron's Alt mode exterior is exposed minimally in robot mode compared to Jazz. Jazz's robot mode is also unpainted, but most his exterior is showing, giving him the illusion that he's well painted. Grimlock is the anomaly here with a well painted robot mode, otherwise, the paint applications are pretty standard across the line.

No need to be alarmed here.

3. RodimusSupreme

RodimusSupreme Autobot Leader and Combiner

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I personally don't think this line is meant to be premium, just as accurate as possible. And they more than likely didn't have enough budget to paint Jazz, Grimlock, and Megatron, unfortunately. If the budget isn't there, then unfortunately it can't happen. But like I pointed out earlier, the vehicle mode display Megatron from Toy Fair WAS Silver, and a really nice looking sliver deco at that. Was that the actual finalized retail version, or was it a painted prototype? It didn't look hand painted like most painted prototypes are at conventions and toy fairs, so idk. On the other side of this argument, collectors shouldn't be expected to finish the product for the company. That's just bad business. Either way, we'll see about Megatron when he officially comes out.

• Like Like x 1
  4. RodimusSupreme

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Thank you, that's what I'm saying. XD
    What? That doesn't make any sense. How could Megatron's vehicle mode be painted, but his robot mode isn't? He doesn't turn inside out to transform or anything.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  5. Galva Prime

Galva Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Jazz only has the silver paint on the car shell, over clear plastic, most of the rest of the robot mode is just silverish plastic. Some parts of Megatron’s tank mode are still present in robot mode, in particular the sections on the inside of the feet which is extraneous kibble. Megatron has tonnes of little detailed gold paint apps in both mode, there’s no way he’ll be that big and have loads of silver on top of all those other paint apps.

Grimlock has a lot of paint but it’s not very detailed and intricate, plus unlike most vehicle transformers, most of his robot mode and dino mode are made up to of the same parts. It’s the same reason why the AOE Dinobots seemed better painted than the vehicles.

6. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Wait, he doesn't turn inside out? I haven't really payed that much attention to him. If that's the case, it's odd they displayed both a painted and an unpainted version.

7. RodimusSupreme

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    As far as I can tell, he does not. Even if he did, silver bits would still be visible in robot mode i believe. That's why I think they had a prototype and a finalized version there and used one for one mode, and the other for the other mode. Question is, which one is the prototype, and which one is the finalized retail product?! o_O 

8. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Are people missing that the Megatron in these photos has his legs almost fully extended? They compress down significantly to closer match the digital model. He's still taller than Prime but not to the extent shown here. You can even see the cutaway below the knee where its supposed to compress.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Johntimus Prime

Johntimus Prime Singlehandedly keeping Toyhax in business

News Credits:
    Is it really that expensive to paint a toy silver? I never understood how chroming/metallic paint apparently eats up so much budget.

10. RodimusSupreme

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Apparently everything’s expensive nowadays.

11. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We're not privvy to details on how expensive the various finishing processes are. What we do know is that each assortment/wave is given a specific budget to work within.

The factory paints used are not some cheap off-the-shelf sort of stuff, it's supposedly highly toxic in its raw form and thus unavailable for commercial use. It's "baked" onto the toys to cure it, for durability. 3D surfaces may require multiple applications for full coverage, and each application is counted separately against the alotted paint allowance (which as I've been led to believe concerns the number of applications, not the area. So the expense is apparently not in the actual material, but in rigging and maintaining the equipment to apply it).

Electroplating services for chrome application are available for public use though, so I'm sure some research could be conducted into how expensive that is.

• Like Like x 6
  12. Johntimus Prime

Johntimus Prime Singlehandedly keeping Toyhax in business

News Credits:
    IIRC from reading elsewhere, the factory paints are specialized and the process used in painting toys bonds the stuff to the plastic in such a way that it's far more durable than what you can grab in your local craft section.

13. Hexatron

Hexatron Plastic crack junky

I mean electroplating can't be THAT expensive. Remember those chrome KO seekers about 8 years ago. They were 15 bucks i believe and the entire figure was very durable chrome. CHMS seekers I think they were called.

Edit: I just looked them up and damn they shot up in price!!!! Between 50 and 130 bucks, definitely were not that much back in the glory days of CHUG lines haha.

14. octobotimus

octobotimus Decepticon spy

Ebay:
    Um... they are priced at 25-30 bucks for voyagers. Just like the previous line. Nothing says “ premium price" there

15. Mercutio

Mercutio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Here in Canada, Generations voyagers are $30, while movie voyagers went up to a ridiculously inflated $40. Go figure that one out.

So basically, I only buy figures during sales.

16. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Because MSRP went up on the TLK figures. Generations stayed the same. It was similar in the US as well. It'll be the same for Studio Series. They'll be at the higher pricepoints established by TLK, but Power of the Primes stays at the old price.

• Like Like x 1
  17. octobotimus

Ebay:
    well they never said " 40 Canadian" they just said $40. but my main point is that they are the same price as tlk , so i don't see why they were saying it as if this was a new issue and priced as if its premium....

18. octobotimus

Ebay:
    the voyagers are still the same price

19. RodimusSupreme

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Man, if you're to ignorant to understand how all this works (which most of us are), at least be mature enough to admit it and not act like a whiny little brat who keeps arguing about something he doesn't understand.

20. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I know it's only 6 weeks away, but I still check Walmart because they usually break Street Dates.