[ABRIN/2018] - Brazil Hasbro Movies Studios Series

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Rustwave, Mar 7, 2018.

1. RodimusSupreme

RodimusSupreme Autobot Leader and Combiner

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Dude, you have no idea how happy it makes me to see you here. :lolol 
    Oooh, I hope brawl is HUGE!
    I feel like Blackout was about the same height as Megatron for some reason.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Unless you count the Hunchback.

3. Ch40sKnight

Ch40sKnight Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    These class sizes really amuse me. Megatron is as big as leader yet labeled as a voyager. Starscream is almost tall as Blackout. Grimlock so SO DAMN BIG.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Have a look at my chart. Post 95. See what you think.

[ABRIN/2018] - Brazil Hasbro Movies Studios Series

5. RodimusSupreme

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Well yeah. I meant head height though.
    This is what happens when Hasbro actually tries to pay attention to scale. And I love it!

6. Jtprime17

Jtprime17 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If they are truly sticking to the "official movie size chart" blackout will be a little bit shorter than megs. megs is stated to be 34 feet tall and blackout as 33 and prime as 28.
    I'm sure blackout will have much more mass than megs though.

7. JomasterII

JomasterII Nobody interesting

News Credits:
    So...
    46 steps, huh?

(Ooh, and Scorponok, nice.)

8. GALVATOM

GALVATOM Better off Pred

I think it looks right, I just watched the Forest Battle in 1080 and slow motion on youtube. Trying to take stills is a bit useless but the feel you get of the relative heights fits. I think Megs toy might be a little bit too bit tall but most of the poses have the legs positioned like this...
    Untitled.jpg

The way the movie con's legs work, there's a bit of play in how tall they can look.

ROTF Megs is gonna look amazing with a coat of silver, weathering effects and some rust paint apps.

• Like Like x 1
  9. normtrooper

normtrooper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am in love with the Studio Series so far.  However I was so excited to see the stinger and crowbar, it brought hopes of neglected figures..

But instead we got re issues (yes improved) of figures that have already received before a Quejack or Dino

10. Rated X

Rated X Well-Known Member

Ummmm.....NO !
    Grimlock from the same line is silver. Its a premium line so it deserves a premium deco. If you like hand painted display only that peel and chip when you breathe on them, have fun with that. I like premium decos.

11. octobotimus

octobotimus Decepticon spy

Ebay:
    where do you think jazz and grimlock got these deco's? and how megs is that big? by sacrificing other parts of figures. its most likely why megs is grey , and why bee is smaller, also i have painted a lot of my figures (figures i play with) and they are not chipping left and right. all i do is spray some spray paint into a cup , take out a brush, and paint away. the paint surprisingly stays on very well. stays even better when sprayed on. most of it comes from you just not wanting to put any effort in and actually paint it.

And if you love premium deco's so much, then that's a very big reason to paint it. its easier to paint something up to look "premium" than pay 2 or 3 times more for the same figure just with more paint. doing it yourself will cost you like 5 bucks max to get the same amount of paint.

12. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I want grimlock, blackout, and megatron now. The deluxes don’t look all that great, and prime and starscream are particularly disappointing. But blackout, grimlock, and megatron look quite nice.

... though I’d still like to see masterpiece versions of them.

I totally agree.

13. Masterhentai69

Masterhentai69 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Brawl\'s weapons are in the wrong arms and why is he holding them instead of having them mounted on his forearms? The angles of two of his pictures also don\'t do him any justice; he looks like he has panel arm syndrome (like aoe deluxe Lockdown). His arms are kind of a let down for me, but other than that his proportions are much better. I guess they had to put the tank kibble somewhere, but still.... maybe a third party will take this toy design and upscale/retool it to fix his imperfections and make him masterpiece scale. 

14. octobotimus

Ebay:
    The weapons are on 5 mm pegs. Whoever too the picture just has him holding them.

15. Drohitan

Drohitan Rogue Decepticon

I'm kinda worried about Brawl's arms... they appear to be two halves of his main turret. Does this mean it won't rotate when in tank mode?

I sure hope they somehow pull a DotM Megs trailer swivel allowing the turret to turn.

16. octobotimus

Ebay:
    Combiner wars megatron also had his arms turn into the turret, yet it rotated. So I’d say it probably can...

• Like Like x 1
  17. Michael Payton

Michael Payton Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Grimlock continues to look great. So does Megatron. To be honest, all of the SS toys that I buy will probably just be monsters for my other robot toys to fight. They all look like kaiju or Ro-Beasts anyway.

18. RodimusSupreme

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Hmm, I went and looked at the only scale chart for the characters I knew of (Tunakaan/Red Goblin's), and It's similar to what Hasbro are doing here. And yeah, Megatron is taller in this body than Blackout, head height-wise. 35ft for Megatron, 33ft for Blackout. Also, Brawl isn't as big as Megatron, so he probably won't be huge, just normal Voyager height. But Bonecrusher looks like he could actually work better as a Leader Class!
    The Vehicle Mode display figure at Toy Fair was silver though. Was that just a well-painted prototype, or is that one the final figure design?
    Or a 3rd Party could make new weapons that transform to be more compact. And yeah, nobody there seems to be able to understand how to transform things correctly. The offical renders show his arms transformed properly, and it doesn't look too bad.

19. Rated X

Rated X Well-Known Member

Dude these are premium figures. Not too long ago I paid $49.99 for a nice silver ROTF Megatron from the Takara best series. This figure is supposedly going to be $35.00-40.00 plus tax if it even hits retail. If thats not premium pricing, what is? I understand you are an artist and like to paint your figures, but thats you. No need to shove your passions down my throat. Ive done some minor customization and its not something im into. Id rather have it done factory quality so that its transformable and not just a statue. Money is not an issue. Id gladly pay another $15 to get the new mold in a premium deco to add to my premium voyager megatron collection. That movie toy hasbro grey plastic should be banned from a premium line. If Jazz and Grimlock got the silver, them Megatron should too. I want him to look like he stepped out the movie screen, not like a damn toy....nuff said.

20. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    A nearly ten year old mould versus a brand new one produced in a completely different economic climate?

The line is premium, but what premium denotes is completely different these days on top of one example just not being comparable to the other.

But he is a toy.

Enough said, you mean, and it actually isn't.