About Ultra Magnus(animated)

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by spica, Sep 26, 2009.

1. spica

spica Ronnie

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    First I tought he was a bit old for the job of the supreme commander. When I read about the experiment with the twins I was " What the...?! Since when autobots do that to their own kind?! And when I saw how he gave Optimus a second change he gain a few good points.

What do you think?

2. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ehh?

I dont know what your on about, but I saw nothing wrong with him.

3. Munchlax

Munchlax Well-Known Member

I don't get how he can be destroyed so easily by LongArm Prime/Shockwave even though the Magnus Hammer was suppose to be the "strongest" weapon on Cybertron.

I felt they could've done a lot more with his character, they didn't really show how powerful a "Magnus" really was since 'Magnus' in Animated meant a higher rank than 'Prime'.

4. Crumplezone

Crumplezone Banned

The Jet twins were already in a critical status.

BTW Munchlax, Most likely Sneak attack. Ultra Magnus probably never saw it coming. Plus most Decepticons are stronger than most Autobots.

5. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    These ain't yer daddy's Autobots, pardner.

Personally, I like this more balanced take on the Transformers, with both sides being capable of terrible things.

6. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Based on what I've seen in the series, Ultra Magnus' biggest weakness is ... the sucker punch.

7. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Rank /= Power

Ultra Magnus is the supreme leader not just because he is strong, but smart and capable of making the tough decisions. It's like the real world, you can have individual soldiers who are more capable fighters than the generals, but the generals are the superior tacticians and decision makers.

Agreed absolutely. I personally loved the shades of gray in Ultra Magnus' character. He's fought a huge war with the Decepticons once. He's willing to make the tough decisions necessary to prevent a second war.

8. neoprimus01

neoprimus01 Jackpot

This. One thing I like about this cartoon was that as the series progressed, it showed a more darker side of the Autobots, and that they're willing to whatever it took to beat the Decepticon's.

At least Magnus didn't take anyones heads :lol 

9. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

Agreed with all.

Plus, remember Shockwave was not yet exposed, and would have approached Magnus as Longarm. Then given him something he couldn't deal with right now.

10. GMfan101

GMfan101 The Smooth Operator

News Credits:
    If it's one thing Animated Ultra Magnus was guilty of it was doing everything he could for the greater good. In his eyes there were times when the ends justified the means, your example of the Jet twins being one, the Autobot weapon of mass destruction Omega Supreme being the second.

He made for a very interesting character because for once the supreme commander was not all virtuous and willing to cross lines few others would for the freedom of the Autobots. Was it the right way to do things? Probably not...the Omega project nearly bit the Earth in the ass when the three Lugnut Supreme's were created. Regardless, he did what he had to do, and though it may not have been the best way it still was respectable.

Definitely one of the best incarnations of Ultra Magnus.