About Titanium Scourge 6in

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by DarkEyes, Aug 7, 2008.

1. DarkEyes

DarkEyes Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

Wonder in to buy this figure, lots of years without an incarnation of this Scourge, I know, I know hes not the G1 one but hes pretty close. :p 

I would like to see some opinios about the figure.

Thanks...

2. Prometheum5

Prometheum5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I snagged one cheap a couple weeks ago so I'd have a modern toy of Scourge to go along with Classics 2.0 Galvy and Cyclonus... it's not a terrible figure, and in reality it's pretty posable and stable compared to some of the Titaniums... I think it's biggest problems are it's painfully simple transformation and lack of an accessory make it feel like a bland toy... not bad, but nothing outstanding.

3. yovnocrats

yovnocrats Well-Known Member

To be honest, I'd recommend him. He may not be Classics Scourge, but he sure looks it. The only real stability problems are his loose elbows, which can be fixed easily with superglue or nail polish clear coat, and his hip ratchets need a bit of coaxing to allow him to stand straight up. Other than that, he barely has enough die cast to qualify as a Titanium, and he's definitely in scale with other deluxes.

4. Rewind

Rewind Be Kind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    He's the best Titanium as far as I'm concerned. Both modes are incredibly stable, he's got good articulation and he fits in with the Classics. Sure, he doesn't have a complicated transformation, but it's because of that that he retains his dead-on resemblance to the G1 toy.

5. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I like this guy a lot. His transformation is really simple, but it works beautifully. I modded mine by replacing one of his fists with one from a Gundam kit, allowing him to actually hold a gun. That took care of my only real problem with the guy, and I actually keep him displayed with my Classics now (the only non-Classic figure to get that honor).

6. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I can only echo what's already been said- he's a great toy, very stable and looks great alongside Classics Galvatron (and eventually Cyclonus).

7. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

I actually have three of him and he is the only Titanium toy besides War Within Starscream that I think is pretty good. His transformation is really simple but he is very poseable and a good version of G1 Scourge. Why 3 you ask? Now that I have picked up Galvatron I am just waiting on Cyclonus and then I have Galvatron, Cyclonus, and Scourge with the Sweeps. He is a pretty decent toy.

8. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

I've passed on him a few times. Looks alright, but something's a bit "off." Not sure what, but I'm holding out for a Universe version.

9. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    It would've been nice had he had a fist peg/hole and could look up or at least straight ahead, but other then that, he's a great figure. I got him on sale at HTS, and I thought he was a real steal at the price I paid.

10. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I agree with all the positive comments, but I wanted to point out how much cooler his alt mode looks now in comparison with the original. Sleeker and meaner.

[​IMG]

11. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

I'm very fond of Titanium Scourge. I agree, he's one of the best 6-in. Ti's, and in many ways is an improvement over the G1 figure. As fosterlager said, he looks sleeker and more dangerous in boat mode (kind of like a little blue Star Destroyer), and his wings are more batlike in robot mode (plus they can wrap around him like a cape). He makes a perfectly serviceable Classics Scourge.

The only things I don't like about him are:

-His head doesn't turn. This REALLY bugs me.... I have a pet peeve about Transformers who can't turn their heads (ideally I would like them all to be balljointed, and be able to look up as well, but they should all at LEAST be able to look from side to side)

-His legs have a tendency to fall off. Typical Titanium issue. Not a deal-breaker.

-His face sculpt is a little brutish and squashed-looking... it doesn't quite capture the vibe of the G1 character, and looks more Neanderthal-like. But I've gotten used to it.

But other than those things, I think he's aces.

12. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

Totally agree.

13. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Definitely an above-average Titanium, probably because the simplicity of design makes it less likely to mess up.

14. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    Like everyone else I like this figure. My only real problem with Scourge is he doesn't have a weapon and can't hold one with his closed fists. Other than that he is great.

I think there is a listing in the Wal-Mart computer system that was posted last week with a Voyager or Ultra class Scourge. I can't remember for sure but even if that listing is correct I would think the odds are it would be a R.I.D. version.

Edit: I thought I saw Scourge on one of those lists before but I don't see it on the two I was thinking about. Maybe wishful thinking on my part.

Edit 2: Found it. New Universe and Robot Heroes listings in Walmart Computer

15. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

Awesome Awesome Figure!!!! Get him.