about the transformation sounds in the movie

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Jazz1979, Aug 4, 2007.

1. Jazz1979

Jazz1979 Well-Known Member

I've watched the movie twice, first time in German and second time in English. When I watched it first I noticed the original G1 Transformation sound when Blackout transformed for the first time in Qatar military base. But in the second time I noticed that the Decepticons have the G1 transformation sound (although sometimes in a more subtile variant) while the Autobots don't (cannot remember to notice the G1 transformation sound when they transform).
    The last time where I noticed the G1 sound was when Starscream transformed in midair when he engaged the Raptor jets.

2. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There was a slowed down version when Ironhide was transforming, when charging towards Brawl. Other than that there was no other time the G1 sound effect was used with Autobots to my knowledge.

3. 80Datsun210

80Datsun210 Well-Known Member

You can hear the traditional transformation sound when the Nokia phone is blasted with the funneled energy from the Allspark and transforms into that little monster. I think there was also a moment when I heard it with Bumblebee, when he dives to catch Sam and Mikaela when they're falling from the bridge.

4. tgg7979

tgg7979 I want the matrix

Ebay:
    Yeah, I noticed that about Bumblebee. It sounded really cool .

5. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    A slightly different version is also played when Dewbot/Dispensor transforms.

6. benzo

benzo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    there was a very speed up version of the sound when BB transformed under that bridge to save Sam and Mikaela when they fell off Prime's sholder.

7. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    the game's sounds are accurate to the movie. BArricade had the most prominent G1 sounding transformation in my opinion.

8. hanwombat

hanwombat I'm not a Wombat really..

Ironhides slow transformation sound gives me the chills :D 

9. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    Blackout using the Transformation sound effect was pretty hard to notice, in fact, I geeked out when I heard it. The second time I watched the movie I noticed the Nokia phone also used the sound effect as well.

Huh, I never knew Bumblebee and Ironhide's transformations used sped-up version of the G1 Transformation Sound Effect. Nice bit of information there. I figured they were just more of the new Transformation Sound Effects for the movie.

[On a Off note]:

I know he couldn't speak, but did anyone else think Bumblebee was swearing at the group of Sector 7 men holding him down, in Cybertronian[?], after he got loose and aimed his cannon at them? It reminded me of Frenzy's jibberish.

10. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    the other transformation sounds were variations of the original sound. I'm quite sure that if I heard the original sound EVERY SINGLE TIME that a Transformation was made, we would get tired very soon. Because it was a very faint, monotone sound and it honestly felt a little out of place. So I'm glad they sped it up or slowed it down or put it in various high and low pitches.