About the bootleg versions of the TFTM score

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by 0R10N P4X, Mar 5, 2009.

1. 0R10N P4X

0R10N P4X Banned

News Credits:
    Quoting malikon in the thread that just got locked (sorry about that): "or you could just make an effort and buy it and not fuck over the guy who did alot of work creating it. I hate pirating music, it's very wrong and very insulting to the artist."

The only problem is that the cd has never been available where I live. I've searched locally and music stores from other cities for that cd since the release without success. I've also asked several friends from the US and Canada, nothing. On Ebay, scalpers regularly sell it for $50-75 plus shipping, which is just ridiculous. I doubt the extra money (or any of that money) is going to Mr. Jablonski. I'm all for buying official releases, but if it's not produced in great enough numbers, what are you supposed to do? Don't tell me about iTunes, I don't buy crappy MP3s when the stuff already exists on cd.

2. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    im sure you could get it at an FYE store

and shouldnt this be in the TFGD?

3. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  4. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
  5. Malikon

Malikon Well-Known Member

Sorry about the language. Music piracy is a hot topic with me.

I understand your desire to have the music, I think it's a brilliant score. But if you really want it your either pony up the extra money to get it (that's why I said "make an effort") or just accept the fact that you can't always have everything you want. Personally I'd like to have every single Transformer ever made, but that's not gonna happen either.

Sometimes you just have to be grateful for the things you do have and not fixate on the things you don't have. <---advice given to me btw by another TF fan when I was obsessing over too many toys and not enough $$$ to get them all.

Cheers.

6. 0R10N P4X

0R10N P4X Banned

News Credits:
    I already mentionned I don't want mp3s, I don't have an iPod and cd-r tends to degrade rapidly. They should really consider printing another run or better, sell an official version of the complete 2CD score.

7. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    The market is so limited that I doubt a second run would really be profitable enough to warrant it.

8. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If you're worried about the sound quality- unless you're running a super high-fidelity sound system, you won't have to worry about the quality. I can barely distinguish between 192 kbps and 320 kbps, let alone 320 kbps and lossless. And this is on my $700 system (relatively inexpensive, mind you).

I would just buy it, download it, and burn it. If the disc degrades, burn again. I can't imagine CD-Rs degrade that quickly, otherwise CD companies would be mobbed by people over their lost data.

Beggers can't be choosers, I guess. :rolleyes2 

9. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

There's a 2-CD score? *Turns away and says the "F" word* Just after I bought the single CD off of Amazon.com for around $100, too...

I'm sure they would re-release the TF score at some point or another.

10. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    No, there's no 2-CD score. What he's talking about is the score coupled with the so-called "Soundtrack". The Ccore is the original music, the Soundtrack, as they call it, is the popular music used in the film, along with other artists with songs "inspired by" the movie.

11. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm so glad I got mine when it first came out. My sister was looking for an original CD version (I got her hooked on the film and she liked the score too, and she normally doesn't care for film scores) but she could only find it for jacked up prices so I just burned her a copy.

12. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Ooh...

Though I still say Steve Jablonsky should have released a 2-disc CD of his score. I was kind of upset when the one piece of music I liked from the film wasn't on the CD.

13. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Their actually is a 52 track version floating out on the internet. The tracks are much shorter and not as good a quality as I would like but it seams to have everything from the movie. It is not available through legal means but since I also purchased both of the official soundtracks I don't feel bad

14. 0R10N P4X

0R10N P4X Banned

News Credits:
    Wrong. There is an official promotional 2CD version of the score with more tracks that are also part of the original score. The official 1CD release just carries some of the score tracks but not all of them. And now it looks like that promo cd set has been bootlegged.

15. 0R10N P4X

0R10N P4X Banned

News Credits:
    The quest is finally over: I finally found the real one for $31 shipped.

16. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have heard about the BotCon CD's, but i can't pony up that kind of dough for them.

But i paid for and DL-ed the movie score and was surprised by its quality. I put a copy of it in my Bro-in-law's car and on his system, it blew me away.

i guess it's a matter of picking yer battles when it comes to the CD or downloads.

17. odelay

odelay Downunder-bot

I didn't realize this CD was rare and valuable as it is, I saw one the other day in a store for $15AUD (which is like $10USD), I may have to buy it now.

18. TheSpacebridge

TheSpacebridge The Spacebridge TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I must admit, I do sell the 4 disc version myself. I never even saw the disc for sale in the UK once and believe me I looked for it as I am an avid soundtrack collector. 80% of stuff on the 4 disc version was never released anyway

19. 0R10N P4X

0R10N P4X Banned

News Credits:
    Are you talking about TFTM 2007 or past TF series? As far as I know, there are just 2 versions of the '07 score: 1cd retail version and 2cd promo version.

20. TheSpacebridge

TheSpacebridge The Spacebridge TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The 2007 film. There is a 4 CD version but only 3 of the CD's actually contain music that is in the film. It includes EVERY piece of music, inc the stuff left out of the other versions like the Prime/Bonecrusher fight and Megatron waking up

I only started selling it as I used to play ti at toy shows and got asked so much for it, normally I don't like bootlegs but as it was never released I don't see the harm