About the Allspark...oddities related

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Bountyan, Oct 3, 2008.

1. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How come the Allspark in Animated repaired Megatron completely, despite the fact that his head was detached from his body, had a bunch of battle damage, and was missing some parts? Then we go to Ratchet, who has that missing piece from his head, and the indent from that weapon Lockdown taken from him, yet he still has both? It confuses me. And yes, I know it's a cartoon, and it's not realistic >_>. Are there any other contradictions in Animated you guys know about? Just curious.

2. Harbinger

Harbinger ecnayonnA

you may wanna consider with your scenario that Ratchet never wants those old war wounds to healed due to memories he never wants to forget, and Megatron wanted to be fully repaired?

and i cant think of any real contradictions off the top of my head either.

3. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's a good point...

4. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think there is a certain "mental energy" aspect to the Allspark and the key, the idea being that it (often) works based on the intentions of the user and/or the recipient of its energy, though the results are not always exactly as expected.

I'd guess the main reason Megatron was able to get so much out of it was (presumably) he researched and knew as much about it as possible, so he could use it to the fullest, where Sari and most of the Autobots probably know much less, and make use of the Allspark/key on a basic or instinctual level.

5. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Also, Megatron changed the design of his body and alt mode. Without perhaps Megatron's intent driving the results the Allspark would've just repaired him back to his Cybertron form.

6. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah, if you compared what scenes we did see of Megatron before he came to Earth to when he regained his body, we could see the differences... I mean, prior to his arrival on Earth, Megatron did appear to be somewhat close to what he looked like in the 2007 Movie. But when he uses the AllSpark and Sari's key to restore himself, he has the appearance of something akin to what he was in G1.

Another oddity, at least what I think of as an oddity, is that... well... remember the episode "Thrill of the Hunt," when Ratchet loads up an injured Arcee into the back of his Cybertronian ambulance mode... how could he have possibly managed to fit her into his vehicle?

7. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Simple. There is mass/size changing in this continuity.

8. Lock Cade

It's G1 all over again... just when I thought that Animated would be free from this plague.

9. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Think of it as a homage.

10. Lock Cade

Yeah, I suppose... after all, they did throw in some references to G1 in Animated, and some thumbs-up references I might add.

11. Lockdown

Lockdown Bootey Hunter

News Credits:
    I think you will find that Harbinger hit the nail on the head Ratchets scars are reminders.

And seriously with all the other wackyness in Animated mass shifting isnt really an issue imo.

12. Goatboy

Goatboy Well-Known Member

I haven’t watched the episode in a while but was there really that much mass shifting in the Ratchet/Arcee scene? It looked to me more like he was carrying her on his "back". There didn’t seem to be a lot of spare room.
    As for oddities, why is it that the Allspark shards turn some machines into transformers like Wreck gar and the constructicons and not others(eg the train and factory from the start of season two).

13. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I think it's because the Allspark has some degree of consciousness, and chose not to for whatever reason.

14. Dremare

Dremare Had an Epiphany

Then the Allspark was screaming when it exploded.

15. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Perhaps. Or it gritted its teeth valiantly and chose to take the pain for the greater good.

16. night-skyward

night-skyward Collects animated, mainly

The train and factory machine where robots and already had minds or whatever...

The construction vehicles and the garbage didn't have minds or needed humans to operate them, because of this the allspark gave life to them creating wreckgar and the constructicons.

At least thats my assumption, it gives life to things and those that already have life/ a mind can't handle it and go crazy.

17. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Did Ratchet ever have the AllSpark key inserted into him in the first place? All instances of the key use inticate that it will completley heal whatever wounds a TF has, and the only one Ratchet really has is the crest peice getting broken off, the "war scar" is where the EMP generator goes (in reality, the Deluxe Ratchet's war scar is designed to allow for Deluxe Lockdown's EMP to fit into it, although it's horribly oversized in that case)

18. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    The only miscontinuity I see is the various alt modes prime has.

He has like 4 fire trucks as his alt.
    No trailer.(with smokestacks)
    Small trailer.
    Longtrailer.
    Firetruck with no trailer (no smokestacks)

But that's a running gag about his trailer in general.

19. Wiggyof09

Wiggyof09 Well-Known Member

Another theory is that Ratchet's wound is just too old to heal. He's had it a LONG time. Perhaps is it now ingrained in his specs. Perhaps when a transformer reformats the key can only restore them to their last setting. Since Megatron was so badly damaged the all spark just created a totally new body for him out of what parts were left. And Megatron was given an earth mode because the key is earth based with all spark infusion. There are any number of ways to explain it.

20. Transfotaku

Transfotaku Transformer Otaku

Or perhaps the Allspark simply can't repair damage past a certain time limit. Sari is always shown repairing the Bots rather quickly after the damage to them is done.

And since Megatron had no body, then the Allspark simply built him one. Well, finished building him one, since he had one half finished.