About the Allspark cube

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by buckmana, Jul 2, 2007.

1. buckmana

buckmana Well-Known Member

There's something I've been wondering about the Allspark cube.

In the movie, whenever the energy is released from the Allspark cube, it seems to create only Decepticons. At least, the Transformers created are excessively violent, so they appear to be Decepticons.

How come not one Autobot is produced as a result of the Allspark's energy?

2. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    I don't think it's creating decepticons per se. More like feral transformers without the capacity to control their actions.

3. Op_Prime

Op_Prime One With The Matrix TFW2005 Supporter

I've explained it several times already, but I guess I'll repeat it again.

Those robots were created from normal human tech equipment, which is primitive by Cybertronian standards. Because of that they were born with primitve and beastly looking designs and minds and not fully developed like their Cybertronian counterparts. They are not really evil, they are just like wild animals following their instincts and lashing out after being brought to life so suddenly and abruptly.

4. Maboroshi

Maboroshi Optimal

I read somewhere that Roberto Orci, one of hte main script writers, said that they werent evil, they were just very angry and confused as to why they existed and why they didnt have sparks.

Where did you get that explanation?

5. Op_Prime

I admit it's a fan explanation. It is a consenus we came to while discussing about it in an earlier thread, but it does make sense, more so than explaining that they were born without sparks, without going into why. Just because a script writer says that was his intention, it does not immediately make it canon. Unless it is shown in an official media it is not considered canon at all, just another possible explanation.

6. Pikatron

Pikatron Well-Known Member

So if they don't have sparks, then where do the sparks come from? A lot of the technology items were created using things learned from Megatron's frozen body - shouldn't that make at least some of the creations civilized?

7. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    from a story telling perspective, its as simple as trying to convey to the audience the capacity for menace the allspark possess in the wrong hands.

we may never find out the extent of the allsparks ability for both good and evil, at least as far as the movie is concern. in books, comics, maybe.

8. SlayerDarkCross

SlayerDarkCross -----------> ? TFW2005 Supporter

The smaller they get the more primitive and instinctual they are.

The Dew bot was defending its self amongst all the chaos.

The Phone bot was confused of why it was being caged.

You will notice that Frenzy is not the most intelligent robot either.

9. Op_Prime

They might have been reversed engineered off Megatron, but it still doesn't mean human tech has reached Cybertronian level sophistication.

10. buckmana

buckmana Well-Known Member

How do you explain that car then? I'm not sure what happened, but it looks like the steering wheel shot out and grabbed a woman by the head (she was the driver). How is that justified?

And Frenzy is just comic relief. You're not meant to take him seriously. But I like him. Especially what he says when he accidentally shoots himself in the head.

11. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think the novel explained that it was the lack of "spark"...from what I see in the movie, the Allspark is like a tool...maybe it provides the "body" and the basic instincts but not the "soul" aka the spark.

12. neK

neK Is behind you...

Thats one part of the explanation, the other is, due to a lack of 'spark' the things created by the All-Spark are insane, unable to handle the fact they are 'alive', so they just lash out at everything

13. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Like a Wild Horse attempting to throw its rider off.
    Wild animal behaviour, they don't like people riding them.

Also, Dew-bot fighting sounds awesome, I can't wait for Hasbro to announce their plans for him. Also, I believe his given name from Botcon was 'Dispensor'

14. Op_Prime

What I don't like about this explanation, is that it does not give a reason why Cybertronians have sparks, and the Earth Robots don't. Like the Earth bots, The Allspark was also responsible for giving the Cybertronians life, and to Transformers, what seperates them from other Artificial Intelligence and sets them apart as actual living beings, is their Spark, their source of life, their soul. Do animals have souls? I don't think we want to go too deep into that, but yes they are capable of feelings, but are unable to understand them like we do.

Which is why I feel the technology explanation is more all encompassing. It explains why the Earth Robots are different from their cybertronian counterparts. The difference in level of technology leading them to have malformed sparks.

15. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    My guess? They're baby Transformers. They have no full understanding of the world, and they find themselves in a hostile enviroment.

Plus, I think the Allspark was originally meant as a weapon, perhaps against the Quintessons to use their own machines against them. So that explains why they're violent at 'birth'. And if they manage to live on, they become more intelligent, learning as they age.

16. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually, I felt Frenzy was very resourceful and intelligent...I guess being smaller size as compared to Brawl and the rest, he had to rely on smarts to survive.

I concur with what you guys posted...but like KA mentioned the producers were tying to keep the point across that of the AllSpark got into the wrong hands, the earth would be in trouble.

17. 9.8m/s^2

9.8m/s^2 What's in a name?

Actually, maybe it's quite simple.
    The Allspark has two power ports. The whole time, the humans, who can't read Cybertronian, have had their little research chamber hooked up to the port marked "evil".

18. Quintesson #1

Quintesson #1 Eater of Fuzzy Stuff

Rubbish explanations tbh.

Little intellect and 'not having sparks' doesn't mean they'll rampage. It means some might, as some might feel attacked and thus 'counterattack' but the rest would just go their own merry way. Basically you're saying cats and dogs and what, pidgeons would simply rampage because they're alive without sparks and don't have the intellect to be anything more. Rubbish. Even insects don't randomly rampage and attack everything they see.

Besides of that I'd be surprised you could even MAKE robots out of things that aren't supposed to have robotic parts. So whatever the explanation is, none of it could nor should have been done in the first place. Can't see how you would proclaim this as a good concept. Also can't really understand why a lot of people don't really criticise this whole concept, but simply take it for granted.

All in all the Allspark is, in my opinion, a rather crappy plotdevice and very poorly written. It's strange that they made it the plot centerpiece around which the whole movie is revolving and characters are motivated by (a rather poor MacGuffin). If you have to expand your believe for anything, then this is something you'd need to get a whole sixpack of anti-disbelieve cans for.

PS: Mr '1 Newton', I hope you were just kidding with your... 'explanation'? O____o'

19. 9.8m/s^2

9.8m/s^2 What's in a name?

Good heavens.
    You seem to be missing the point of a) science fiction, b) fantasy, and c) sarcasm.

...and, oh god, I'm feeding the troll, but: what would be your idea of a "plausible" explanation for GIANT ALIEN TRANSFORMING ROBOTS?

20. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    Well, when a mommy Transformer and a daddy transformer love each other very much...