About Sam and a robot that he kills - SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by OptimusPrimeX47, Jul 10, 2011.

1. OptimusPrimeX47

OptimusPrimeX47 Well-Known Member

Why why why?!
    How on Earth is a human going to kill a Decepticon, especially Starscream like that? Did Starscream forget how to fly? Even though the weapon was made by Que it still felt awkward Starscream die like that. Starscream didn't fight any Autobot in the whole movie and all of a sudden he fights Sam and gets beat and dies.

Anyone else agree?

2. Rumblebee7

Rumblebee7 Cassete Player

Sorta suits him because hes a coward and he thought you could pick on sam, starscream should only EVER, be killed by megatron in my opinion.

3. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    I wanted him to be killed by Megatron...

4. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    Nope, I was quite happy with that, the coward and bully got his come uppance. Serves him right for bragging instead of just pulling the trigger.

5. Primewave

Primewave amiinterrupting

News Credits:
    I always thought Starscream would go out with a band, and he did in a way

6. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    I thought it was dumb, personally I woulda kept the Twins, have Sentinel kill them, have Ironhide survive, get into the fight with Screamer, and then have them both bite it with either Ironhide pushing Starscream and himself away before the bomb went off to save Sam and Lennox, or Starscream grabbing him and causing them both to die.

Then again, I wouldn't have had Bee kill Soundwave in one shot, Shockwave get disabled by a parachute, or Megatron sit around all movie weak as fuck.

I've just accepted that even in a more "real world" Transformers flick, the current production crew has no respect for the Decepticons and making them a cool and formidable fighting force. The Dreads and Lazerbeak had more cool moments then the Decepticon big four, so I realize they just don't understand Transformers or how to portray the Cons.

7. tfmad2010

tfmad2010 Oh Hai Internet!

News Credits:
    At least it wasn't by Hardcore Eddie...

8. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I agree... Starscream's death in DOTM was ridiculous. I was expecting him to put up a bad ass fight before getting killed off, not having his optics being taken out and had his head blown up by the one bomb Sam got from Que.

9. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

If you don't like it make your own movie.

10. 0MEGATR0N

0MEGATR0N Robot/Gladiator

very weak, no way Starscream goes out like that, I just laughed at that insult to one of the best decepticons in my book.

11. Ecchokat

Ecchokat Ponyologiest for Hire!

Ebay:
    I think the death scene was so stupied. I really don't think starscream would flop around like a fish with the human getting the time he needs to get the bomb and all. I think it could have been better thought out in the long run. I would have perferd megatron,Ironhide or prime killing him if he had to die. Sam killing him just made me dislike the human charaters in TF movies more. Epps and Lennox and simmons are the only three I really care about anyway.

12. UltraMagnus2008

UltraMagnus2008 Autobot

News Credits:
    I hated how long the scene dragged out, of all the things they cut short and edited out, we get 2-3 minutes garunteed of Sam yoyoing around like a moron and Starscream acting like a bitch. Starscream acted like he was in a straight jacket, he still had one good eye, should have pinned Sam to the ground, put his foot down and leaned back, tearing up Sam between his talons in a bloody mess, to dislodge the hook. Replace in that scene Sam with a Nest soldier and have Screamer and his one good eye blast off like he did in the first movie to be, the sequels villain.

13. Kraken

News Credits:
    What about the other one he had that he was going to help Bumblebee with that didn't work?

14. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    Well, appearantly....Q's magical boomstick does more damage than any of the TF's full sized blasters. LOL. Just plug n play devices for the humans...plug a Transformer and BOOM ! Over and done with.

Of course...we're (should be) aware the entire scene is just there to emphasize Sam's hero factor and the boomstick is literally a plot device.

At that point, all of Starscream's pinpoint precision skill ( hand-eye coordination ) goes out of the window and he can't even pick the devices out of his eyes and he simply forgets to fly away.

Yeah, imo... it should have been Barricade instead of Starscream in that scene...because that would've been a nice nod to the first movie, to bring the Sam-Barricade encounters full circle, saving Starscream for more impressive TF fights at the end of the movie. But alas... we got this silly scene instead.

15. Kraken

News Credits:
    Can I come around and stab all your eyes out? It's pretty painless and won't cause any of you any discomfort at all and you just be able to carry on what you were doing.

16. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

I thought it was a perfect death scene for one such as Starscream. He's the only Decepticon who really verbally states that humans are scumbags, and yet he has the longest drawn-out death scene in the whole movie with Sam and Lennox swinging around from a grappling hook attached to one of Starscream's eyes while a live time-bomb is stuck in the other.

I thought it was hilarious, really, while also reminding me of a scene between Screamer and Cobra Commander in the Devil's Due GIJOE/TF crossover where Screamer asks CC to pull a non-live grenade from his eye.

17. xeno

xeno xeno

News Credits:
    out of all the robot scenes this one just sucked. I agree that it was prolonged and didn't seem like it had been thought out before hand. To think of it, the Decepticons are portrayed as far too clumsy when in comes down to how they interact with main characters on the battlefield.

Starscream lost his arm in Rotf. He didn't seem to have any trouble after that. Megatron got half his face blown off on Rotf and he was fine. To make Starscream die this way feels forced and not normal to what the damage transformers can take in this incredibly well thought out trilogy.

18. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Or himself. I could just see Starscream going to fire a missile at Sam but his launcher is buckled from some other damage so it blows up locked in place and takes him with it.

He really needed an 'OW! My foot!' moment. :p 

19. Scrapmaker

Scrapmaker Miniautoquintessoboticon

I'm just glad it wasn't with a human weapon......but I would've preferred he get killed by an Autobot or Megatron kill him for being defeated by a human though.

20. Ruthie

Ruthie Well-Known Member

I disagree. From the perspective of the movieverse, Sam killing Starscream was perfect. The disgusting creep deserved it.