About my previous thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by JinraiPrime, Sep 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JinraiPrime

JinraiPrime 1000+ Post Club Member

I didnt post my last thread as a design to troll, i like how when people have a negative opinion on something people who oppose that opinion are automatically noobs. Well i apologise that i dont conform to your ideals on civility, however my comments about Bay were my opinion and the point of the post was not to lambaste Bay but to simply point out that Transformers has the potential to be incredible as well as be complete garbage. I was stating that my reasons for disliking Bay are because of his past movies (except badboys) All i was saying is if you hate him, dont hate him for what he has the potential to do hate him for what he has done.... Once again apparently a post which has the potential to generate a stimulating point-counter point type of discussion on Bays directorial capabilities warrants a tag of noob... This aside i can sympathize with the mods on closing the forum to keep the peace, but i wanted a chance to defend myself against the simplemindedness of callings someone a noob for having a strong, contrasting opinion.

2. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

I think it more to do with the way you went about expressing your opinion than your opinion it's self.

3. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    What previous thread?

4. miraisoup

miraisoup Well-Known Member

The one before this that was deleted.

5. JinraiPrime

JinraiPrime 1000+ Post Club Member

Well honestly my opinion being what it is, its hard to express it in any other way...Michael might be a fine man, i dont PERSONALLY care for his movies, I dont BLAME him for the designs of the transformers (I believe there are many to blame, and that blame comes solely from me and my opinion that the TF movie should have taken a radically different turn than it did) I didnt intend to come off as a flamer i actually wanted a point-counter point debate on his ability to direct such an important movie...and lets face it because of Transformers fandom this movie IS important to Bay because it could very well milestone his carreer and to us the fans because its something we have wanted for a very long time. As much as people may HATE whats happening with this movie, every fan holds some hope that the end product will be something which holds some kind of nostaligic familiarity with the original.... I think a discussion on Bay which isnt simply "he sucks" "you suck" "your a troll" etc is a very poignent (sp) topic for discussion... my topic heading I must apologise for... It was meant to bring attention to the thread but apparently portrayed the exact opposite message i was trying to convey.

6. Dio

Dio Well-Known Member

And thus you illustrate the point I've been trying to make for the last several weeks - how you present your argument determines how it will be received and how the debate will be carried out. Speak politely and rationally, keeping your emotions in check, and every opinion is valid and will be treated respectfully.

Funny how that maturity thing works, isn't it :D 

7. Streck

Streck QED Veteran

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=109893

We just had this. How could you possibly miss it?

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.