About Megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by ILoveDinobot, Jun 29, 2011.

1. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Could you say that the fact he was missing part of his err....cerebral section, or part of his processor would have caused him to act as rash and pretty much out of character during the movie and mostly around the time of his demise? I mean sulking in an alley and then being emotionally manipulated by a human girl?

then going out like a bitch

2. AnithaPrime

AnithaPrime TURDUKEN

yeah i think he was a real bitch towards the end of the movie. i'm no fan of the decepticons, but he could have been so much better

3. Kaiwera05

Kaiwera05 Soundwave Enthusiast

Ebay:
    From what I heard people talking about earlier, in the novelization there was a whole internal monologue with him being tired of the war and wanting it over so I think when he's sitting in the alleyway he was just depressed about the war. And it also explains why he asked for a truce with Optimus Prime at the end. Kinda makes you feel sad for him with him getting decapitated and all that.

4. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lol 

It was weird, it reminded me of the dinner scene in the movie "Hannibal".

5. just1nj

just1nj pro genji

A truce of all things. He could just offed SP, then flew away.. oh wait, drive off into the sunset.

6. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He was talking to elephants. I knew from the start that Prime blasting him in ROTF did some damage to him after I saw him talking to elephants. Plus, Sentinel ripping out some parts in his head during the Chicago scenes probably didn't help either.

7. Acid Wing

Acid Wing Senior Alien TF Member

News Credits:
    I actually liked the way he was characterized this time as a Con' leader, who was desperately trying to reclaim his lost pride and greatness after being defeated twice by Prime. On the one hand, I would have preferred the comic/novel ending, but after all those lost human lives, betrayals, and crap Optimus went through, destroying him seemed like a sure-fire way to end the war (& indirectly for Bay to end the trilogy).

IMO, if Paramount was to continue this continuity, he & other Cons' could technically be revived, since y'know, they're bodies are all lying around...and be taken by the government for further research/experimentation.

8. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    :lolol  Yeah, that didn't help either.

Ah, that makes sense, I felt sad for him too. Big guy was just misunderstood.

9. Xaddion

Xaddion ...

News Credits:
    The way the buildup happened in contrast to the end makes me suspect that the truce ending was once intended, but was later changed for one reason or another. Probably to cut off any hooks for a sequel.

Maybe (just maybe) we might get a alternate ending for it in the DVD/BR.

10. starbasetoys

starbasetoys Cybertronian Trader

I thought that Megatron acted like Megatron SHOULD act. In the G1 series, Megatron was a schemer, he was arrogant, he tolerated but despised Starscream, but above all he made it clear that HE WAS THE LEADER OF THE DECEPTICON'S!.

We saw all of that in this movie. He schemed with the humans to trick them into working with the Decepticons. He schemed with Sentinel Prime to rebuild Cyberton (all the while planning to betray him eventually I'm sure). He boasted about how scheming with Sentinel Prime was his greatest triumph. He responded to almost everything Starscream said with distain.

And my absolute favorite moment was when Carly is telling him how Sentinel
    Prime is going to be running the show going forward, and he gets majorly pissed off and goes to blast Sentinel Prime in the back and take him down...because ONLY MEGATRON LEADS!

That part totally reminded me of the old G1 Megatron, who would declare that ONLY MEGATRON LEADS any time someone else tired to take control of the Decepticons...even when Devastator claimed that the Constructicons were going to be leaders too with the Triple Changers, Megatron turns around, looks at Devastator, and basically says "oh hell no".

And his scheme with Sentinel Prime reminded me of how Megatron would "act" like he was bowing down to an opponent (like the Dinobots, ect) whenever he wanted to get them do what he wanted. He would do this just long enough to achieve his goal, and then turn on his "allies".

I really believe that Megatron was portrayed better in this movie, and more true to how his character should be than he has been in any other "Bayverse" movie or TF media since the G1 animated series.

11. citcgn

citcgn Well-Known Member

Eh, his treatment kind of ruined the movie for me. I would have preferred he wasn't even in it to the pathetic way he went down. The idea that he led the Decepticons to victory in the series just seems stupid after number 3.

12. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Yeah, this ending for him was pretty shitty, I'd actually call it the lowest point of the film.
    But hey, now we know that attempting a truce with a Prime is a bad idea and you're just going to get brutally murdered if you try it :lol 
    Also dont save their lives, they hate that.

This Megatron is nowhere near as intelligent as his novel counterpart, more akin to a drone.

Couldn't agree more.

13. ElectricPrada09

ElectricPrada09 Speedster.

News Credits:
    This.

14. whiskeytango

whiskeytango Combaticon

Gotta admit, when put in that context I sort of agree with some of these points.

I'm surprised no one has brought this up though: Maybe the most ridiculously out of character thing he did was to NOT let Sentinel kill Optimus before he interrupted. Its already been established that Megatron doesn't have any sense of honor in the bayverse, so why the hell would he not let someone off his worst enemy before usurping?

15. starbasetoys

starbasetoys Cybertronian Trader

He probably figured that if he didn't have enough firepower to kill off Sentinel Prime, then he'd need what was left of Optimus to help him.

16. ElectricPrada09

News Credits:
    I think because Sentinel was preoccupied with killing Prime. Megatron took the first chance he could get. If he waited for Optimus to get killed then Megatron would have had to face Sentinel alone and face to face, and it's obvious he would have gotten his ass kicked.

17. megatron6661

megatron6661 Well-Known Member

I totally agree, this was megatron bang back to his nasty self again. Yes he may not have had the epic fight with optimus many would have loved, but hey he fucked sentinal and he is weaker.

But what many fail to realise, megatron is a tired worn down decepticon leader that is broken, a shadow echo of his former self. He has never been the same since his death in TF07. Look at the 2 films before DOTM

TF1 - takes like 6 tornado's to start gunning him down, the cube killing him, and then in the end he is pulled apart and thrown in the ocean 7 miles deep

ROTF - He has to take a new mode, rebuilt horribly and unlike optimus he is not upgraded. The forest battle with optimus takes a bit out of him, he is stabbed in the back, shot through the factory window. His fight with optimus in the end, his arm gets ripped off, shot in the chest, and his face is half blown off.

The third film he has to take yet another mode, with half his face still missing

So many should cut megatron a break, any decepticon or autobot will feel the effects of what megatron has gone through, from death to being rebuilt, to changing his mode twice and half his face missing, in the end with get weaker. He has his limits, obvious if he was the megatron of 07, he would have been just has strong has sentinal and optimus

18. whiskeytango

whiskeytango Combaticon

Not really. Sentinel obviously didn't know he was there, and wouldn't have been made any more aware of it in the one more second it would have taken to thrust his sword into Optimus. Megatron wouldn't have even needed to wait for Sentinel to remove the blade. Just **wait, stab, shoot, profit**.

19. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

If it wasn't for that one scene where Megs was pouting about in some random alley way and has to get a pep talk from a random human girl, I wouldn't have complained about anything he did. But that one scene, where he was just sitting about *MOPING* because Sentinel was doing a better job of leading the cons then he did really killed any perception of him being a threat.

The whole time they worked together, I knew Megs would betray Sentinel. What I didn't know however is that Megs would need some little girl to *tell* him to man up and take back his job. The final fight should have been Prime vs Megatron, one on one, full on knock down drag out brawl. The actual story and scheming and pretty much the entire first half of the movie was fantastic, but the actual conflict climaxes all felt...disappointing. pretty much every named character who died did so as a bitch, Meg's just seemed to be the biggest bitch death of em all.

20. ElectricPrada09

News Credits:
    I don't dislike anything about Megatron and his decisions in DOTM. He had HALF OF A HEAD, little bots crawling inside of it and was picked at by Sentinel. Dude was not in his right mind and had gone crazy. He was talking to elephants for God's sake.. Trying to find logic in anything he did is silly to me.