About Bumblebee

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by LesterX, Jul 15, 2011.

1. LesterX

LesterX Banned

So...anyone else think he'll be a mute for years to come? :inquisiti 

2. chaddi_90

chaddi_90 Prime

News Credits:
    I hope not, I don't like it in transformers:p rime or in the movie-verse.

3. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    I hope so.... so that I can kill him silently so that Hasbro stops putting so many copies of him on each box during shipment.

4. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Seeing that they made him mute in TF: Prime, I think it's safe to say that we will see more of a mute Bumblebee that transforms into a sports car from here on out... all because that's what kids are becoming more familiar with, thanks to the live-action movies.

5. grunge

grunge The TANK

News Credits:
    i thought DOTM BB was less muted than in past movies at least his radio selected voices were more or less similar sounding.

but i hope no more of this muted uses radio to speak BB. i hope that was a Bayformers thing.

6. Yoakem

Yoakem Well-Known Member

Eh, who knows? We have a 50/50 chance, either way. Sometimes I prefer Mute!Bee, other times I don't really like him.

Maybe Prime will give him is voice back in a later season. That would be cool, but I guess it would destroy the Raf/Bee thing. Still, it would be a good plot device for a good episode (or a few, if they drug it out)- if they could swing it anyway, I guess.

7. LesterX

LesterX Banned

They could, especially it is in a story that tells just how he lost his voice and why exactly can Raf understand him?

8. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    He's still talking in IDW's Ongoing.

9. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I hope not. On the other hand, I often wished Animated Bumblebee was mute.

10. LesterX

LesterX Banned

:lol 

11. Honorbound

Honorbound The Reclusive Semi-Lurker

Given Movie Bumblebee's success with casual fans (meaning folks who like the movies but aren't hardcore Transformers fans), he's likely to be mute for a while.

In order to make it work, they would have to find ways for him to communicate effectively without speech; his beeping speech to Megatron in Sick Mind doesn't cut it - the beeping completely undermined what Bumblebee did, which was deceive and stand up to Megatron in his own mind.

In my opinion, Soundwave handles it better: silence in characters is usually best for the mysterious and/or creepy types, which Soundwave is and Bumblebee ain't. However, they could improve Bumblebee's communication with body language. Look at how Soundwave communicates in Sick Mind: his getting in Starscream's face while pointing at Megatron's disconnected life-support cord practically screams "Fix it!"

Edit: I've got to agree with the above posters on Animated Bumblebee: Good God, he was annoying. He never learned his lesson, never grew up, was always around to provide comic relief that failed half the time, and took up story time that could have gone to Optimus, Ratchet, or Prowl.

12. power3921

power3921 Well-Known Member

Movie Bumblebee doesnt bother me, as he at least talks with radio. I cant stand the Prime BB beeping.