about all the goofs of the G1 cartoon =)

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Jazz1979, Feb 26, 2007.

1. Jazz1979

Jazz1979 Well-Known Member

1. Wrong coloring
    2. Sometimes you have an Autobot character among the Decepticons (and reversed too)
    3. Several times you saw Bruticus while Onslaught or BlastOff are standing next to him!
    4. scale/size of the Robots not consistent. Sometimes only a bit taller than human than suddenly a giant.

other things that ruined the cartoon a bit were the inconsistent quality of drawn characters. The less skilled artists were doing a terrible job.
    IMO the G1 season1 and 4episodes were most consistent. season 2 and 3 were often pretty terrible sadly. Guess the crew sometimes just wanted to be off-duty asap ;(

2. Taker

Taker Chilean TF Fan

There were sometimes Decepticons wearing Autobots insignia and viceversa, Autobots drawn with another head, and you shoul listen to the mexican translation: they did all the voices with just 6 people :lol :

3. KMITB

KMITB The dub voice of Prime

News Credits:
    Well...you have to understand the process of making a cartoon to get why there were so many "goofs". Since Sunbow shipped the chores of animation overseas, you couldn't be over their shoulder making sure everything was exactly right. Also, they did a lot of episodes in a short amount of time, so there were bound to be mistakes. I don't believe the crew wanted to be off-duty ASAP or anything...there were just a lot of obsticles to consider. And to be honest...this topic has been beat to death for a long time now. Can we let it go and give those people a break. I appreciate their efforts, even when there were mistakes. Unless you know what goes into a production, I wouldn't be so quick to point fingers and judge those people.

4. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

I love how they all could fly for some reason. And how they showed a tonne of decepticons on screen when attacking something, but only like 7 were on Earth.

5. Harlequin Daniel

Harlequin Daniel Captain Grumpy

My biggest gripe is when they use "transformers walking" for "human walking".

6. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    okay dudette you lost me there. what?! o_O 

7. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Uh, I'm pretty sure he's a dude.

As for me, I've never felt that the animation goofs ruin the show nearly so much as the idiotic plot devices do.

8. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    bruticus standing with the combaticons always cracks me up.

9. Harlequin Daniel

Harlequin Daniel Captain Grumpy

One, I'm a dude, and two, I mean when the transformers walk there's a clanging noise to denote their footsteps.
    When humans walk there's a varied sort of sound effects depending on waht they're walking on, but sadly often they use the generic Transformer walking sound on humans when not walking on metal.

10. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Ah, the goofs are some of the best parts! Looking back, it's funny to see things like Soundwave talking in Dr Claw's voice (Exxxxcellent, Ravage) or two Starscreams answering to the name Skywarp.

11. defstar

defstar Autobot...

I actually like the goofs as well...the scale/size changing of everyone sticks out the most though...

12. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

Talking about scale/size changing

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Either Magnus and Soundwave grew, or the Constructicons shrunk some ;)  :lol 

13. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    :lol 

I'm sure I have seen that before, but it is still funny to see it again. What the hell were they thinking.

The sad thing is that the same type of errors were being done in Armada. :redface2: 

14. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I remember when the episode of Cybertron aired where Thundercracker spoke using Starscream's voice (I believe it was "base") and there was an uproar among the fandom.

Until I got my hands on the Rhino set I had forgotten how many times that same situation happened in the original cartoon. It's too many times to count. In one episode, Sludge talks to Snarl and then answers in Snarl's voice (IIRC -something like that).

Another bit of G1 fun -the random "Reflector Guys" that would appear in the background. :) 

15. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

And the fans say Armada wasn't "G1 enough" :lol 

What's more G1 then scaling errors ;)  :p 

16. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Armada goofs:
    Exactly how big was Tidal Wave?
    How many minicons were named "Grindor"?

17. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    :lol  No kidding. At least Armada never had an ep titled Carnage in C Minor.!

I still one of the scenes that have a group of Minicons running together, but they recycled the same 6 guys.

18. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    Wonky things that always stood out for me:

- Inconsistant size, scale, color, character origins, timelines & story arcs

- Special abilities or internal gizmos that characters only had when it was convenient to the episode, whether it was stuff that slid out of their arms or things like hydrofoils just popping out from the bottoms of the cars when they needed to 'drive' on water, etc.

- Megatron never trying the same "brilliant" plan twice :) 

- The way new characters just showed up with no explanation whatsoever.

- The way the Autobots could apparently drive to places like the Antarctic or Middle East in a couple of hours.

- How the Decepticons would sometimes have a full army of additional Seekers when convenient.

- How Spike, Sparkplug & Chip could somehow fix & build TF's better than the TF's themselves could, not to mention apparently understand their technology inside & out overnight.

- The way that cities like New York evidentially never had people in them save for a couple of bystanders.

- The way they could suddenly go back & forth from Cybertron within a matter of minutes or hours.

- Anytime they disguised themselves with costumes (ie: Starscream wearing a Prime costume in 'Megatron's Master Plan', the Autobots being *spray painted* into Stunticons, etc.) or built clone copies of each other.

- The awful, awful dialogue.

19. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    About three less than the ones named "Leader-1"

They moved at the speed of plot - that magic speed required to get a character exactly where the writer wants them to be, when the writer wants them to be there! Evidently that doesn't work in real life, unless my personal plot involves me being sat in traffic a lot.

20. betetta

betetta guitar face

heh, that magnus pic is pretty much toy accurate, and the one with soundwave & devastator isn't to far of either.