Customs: ??? about adding sound to toys?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by HoosierDaddy, Dec 19, 2011.

1. HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy Decepticon. I'm no hero

News Credits:
    I am interested in trying to add some custom sounds to some of my star wars ships and i can't find any forums about star wars on the web. I know many of you guys are great at what you do but could anyone lend some advice on how I could get some type of recording device that is small enough to put into toy tie fighters and x wing fighters etc? I'd like to be able to record sound bites from the computer onto something then put it into my ships and be able to push a button and have the sound bites play. Any help is extremely appreciated.

2. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Good luck.
    Over at procustomizers there are people working lights into figures and tuts showing about wiring smd's... but I've not yet come across anything regarding sound.

I've been wanting to pursue sound as well.

3. Shwiggie

Shwiggie Likeable dryskinned biped

You can get a weighted motor for vibration/buzzing effect...I'm planning to put one in my Thunderwing BFG along with LEDs. You could also use piezo buzzers for simple chirps.

Radio Shack also has a handy little circuit that will let you record any sound and play it back...quality is pretty meh and it only accomodates one recording, but if you have a large project (big enough for a speaker, a 9v battery, and a PCB as big as the battery) then that's an option. The 9V would also be helpful for LEDs with a bit of regulation and a few resistors.