About a sword for Classics Grimlock

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ExVeeBrawn, Dec 25, 2008.

1. ExVeeBrawn

ExVeeBrawn Three dollar Nazi

News Credits:
    I've been doing some searching on the subject, and what little I've found is conflicting and nothing has photographic back up, so I put it out there: Do any of the G1 Dinobot swords fit well in Classics Grim's irregular fists and can you post photos to back it up?

I've been fighting on and off since not long after Grim came out about getting him properly equipped, and now that I'm aware of the repro Dinobot swords that exist I'm hoping I'm a short step away from having this all done with.

Thanks for whatever help.

2. 1987olds442

1987olds442 Cam Maximus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I never tried any of the original Dinobot swords, but I just use my Pretender Grimlock Shell's Sword/Gun as my Classic Grimlock's Sword. After all Classic Grimlock is more an homage to the Pretender Grimlock than his original form.

3. underwear-ninja

underwear-ninja Eats Gobots for breakfast

If you can't find a fittable, G1 Dinobot sword, a cheap and quick-to-make substitute is to just cut off the gun's peg and glue it to the back end of the gun. Allows him to hold it like a sword

Other suggestions include Energon Doomlock's sword, especially if you can find it in red or orange. It's nice and huge and matches Grimlock well.

4. MushroomPrime

MushroomPrime ******

News Credits:
    I assume you (or someone) could kitbash a Hilt onto The CD Hotshot sword. That COULD work.

5. underwear-ninja

underwear-ninja Eats Gobots for breakfast

MushroomPrime has a great idea here- I suggest doing that (heck, I could even do it for you if I had the materials)

6. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I use G1 Sludge's sword, which fits perfectly and is the same peg size as G1 Grimlocks. Hope that helps.

7. alpharon

alpharon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  8. ExVeeBrawn

ExVeeBrawn Three dollar Nazi

News Credits:
    I appreciate the suggestions for alternatives everybody, but for the moment I'm just interested in compatibility with G1 Dinobot swords. Unless someone comes up with something really awesome and easily/cheaply obtained, that is. :) 

That said, could you possibly get a photo of Grimlock with Sludge's sword, smkspy, and tell me how well it fits? For instance, Grimlock CAN hold 5mm pegged weapons, but only with excessive force and stress on the fist. It's not like that, is it?