Abominus - Any good?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by llamatron, Dec 5, 2006.

1. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I've got a decent amount of combiner teams (Devestator, Superion, Defensor, Menasor and G2 Bruticus) but I was wondering what Abominus is like. Does he come highly recommended? What sort of price would you think was reasonable for a loose one with all the combiner bits (i.e. head, chest, feet and fists - no need for guns)?

2. Darkhawk79

Darkhawk79 TFWM SUCK!!!!!

News Credits:
    I think if you have the ones you mentioned then you should pick him up. He's very nicely done and i even recommend a Computron so that way you have Abominus's rival.

As far as price....it varies on the condition and shipping but i've sold both complete with guns for about 55-60 so that's a fair price i would say

3. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

Abominus is a fun guy, Hungurr is good as far as middle sections go, their combined mode is among the larger of the combiners. The 4 small individual terrorcons are a little weaker IMO then the other 5 team sets. Still a great set though. Love them.

4. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Abominus is definately fun. He's got a good solid look combined and he has perhaps the best looking gun (aside from Piranacon who kinds a cheats, that targetmaster guppy lookin' bastard :p ) of all the combiners.

The only limb that looks out of sorts is Blot (the purple dude) he's noticably bigger than the other limbs, but still looks nice.

5. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

Abominus is my favorite G1 combiner, mostly because he has absolutely amazing leg articulation for a G1 toy (owing to Hun-grr's leg articulation, owing in turn to his legs becoming his dragon necks). The rest of the combiners just stand there, but you can actually get Abominus in some decent poses.

6. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

I remember Abominus always being one of my favorite combiners... he was just plain cool. I never owned him though, only a buddy of mine did. I've lost touch with him. :( 

7. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

Heh. He's actually the only one I ever had compete as a kid and I wouldn't sell him for anything. He even has "battle-damage"...well, Hun-Grrr des, anyway. I could never turn his head around manually, so I always used my teeth and now his face is crushed somewhat.

I always liked that he was composed of mythical beasts/fearsome animals, although, to this day, I still have no idea what the hell Blot is suposed to be...is that his nose?

8. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    he is a great buy u wont regret it

9. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    i like the combined mode and hungrr but the limbs are crap. land shark, nose monster, wtf.

10. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    He's my favorite G1 Gestalt too. I love the fact that he turns into monsters, and pretty cool ones at that (two 2-headed guys, a walking shark). I also love his rather unorthodox colors (although I wish his helmet was in show-accurate colors). They are some of the better post-movie toys imo

11. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    In my opinion, he is one of the weaker combiner teams. I'm not saying he is crap, but I like the other groups more. Maybe it is the limbs... I don't really know.

12. agesthreeandup

agesthreeandup Energon Supplier

News Credits:
    There is only one combiner figure better than the Terrorcons and that is Computron.

A must have.

Spencer.

13. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    He's one of my favourites, right behind Piranacon. The individual units are cool, combined they're very imposing and as stated there is a decent amount of leg movement. The designs of the monsters are very imaginative and the robot modes look great, especially Hun Grrr.

14. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I too am looking to score one of these...first I need to complete my Computron, just missing Strafe now. :) 

But yeah, pick him up, I will be scouring the Bay for one within the next few weeks to a month.

15. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Used to love 'em when I was a kid.

16. llamatron

News Credits:
    Hrmmm, damn it, I've got a chance to get one for about $60 US shipped (all combining bits, one gun and instructions). Don't think I can really afford seeing as I just forked over about $40 US for a Trypticon.

17. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    hey those sound like purdy good deals!

but yeah, typty > abominus

18. llamatron

News Credits:
    The Trypticon isn't complete (I don't think he has any of his accessories, but he isn't broken or missing his nose flap etc) but he's still a pretty big purchase. And for me he was pretty freaking high on my G1 wants list, so I'm sure I'll be happy when he arrives.

19. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Abominus rawks and he's a pretty durable gestalt. Those little Terrorcons are pretty fun on their own and Hungrr is one of the most poseable G1's out there.

Thought about trooping up on some Blots but Mr wallet says no.
    I hate you stupid wallet.

20. $5HotRod

$5HotRod Trailbreaker Fan

Ebay:
    I just got Abominus and I was surprised that he is pretty good. Hun-grrr is probably the best central piece of the G1 combiners. He has knees and can move his legs laterally. He can even turn his head, which Abominus can do as well.

If you really want a great G1 combiner, I highly recommend Predaking. Despite being orange, he's the most articulate of all the combiners and is freaking huge!