2D Artwork: AB vs CS

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by LyricaBelachium, Sep 25, 2009.

?

what do you think?

1. kick ass!

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. good

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. bad

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. horrible

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. LyricaBelachium

LyricaBelachium Well-Known Member

I've been meaning to do this peice for some time, finally did it. hope u guys like it ;) 
    for more info on who they are go to:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-fan-art/263919-23-tfa-oc-chalange.html - page talking about the comic book project here on tfw

and to know the previous schene from this go to:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-fan-art/262673-tfa-oc-ashbringer.html - also a page from tfw

**Please review Rule #7, the Radicons Guidelines and Etiquette, and the stickied thread regarding hyperlinks. ~Radicons Staff**

^
    |
    regading this:
    I can't say too much about the story of these characters otherwise it would spoil the fan comic book I'm working on, but here you go:
    The blue character is a femme named CliffStrider who belongs to the decepticon faction, and the red femme is named AshBringer who belongs to the autobots. Now both are twins and to make interesting I couldn't remember any twin pair ever being devided by the factions so I thought it would be a bit more original.
    Now, in very short words the story is about two femmes in a time where racing wasn't allowed for them. since only mechs could race they had to find their own way around the rules and eventually that led to disaster, making AshBringer believe she killed her sister, only to find out later she didn't die at all and was reprogramed into the decepticon faction, having no memories of her past and being told lies about AshBringer's reasons to follow her.
    This is why AshBringer joins the autobots, to get a chance at recovering her sister.

now as for technical point of view...not much to say really...
    sketched with pencils a hundred times until I was satisfied (I had to study the style a lot to get the right feel from characters and learn their artistic rules), then inked with a marker(which I don't usually do), edited it on photoshop a bit to clean up the pencil mess, and cell shaded the whole thing.
    background was done with a few white smudges and then a motion blurr to the right. stars are a custom brush that comes with photoshop and the sky is a gradient.
    glows from optics and headlights were done on a separate layer as "pin light".

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2009
  2. Thunderchild

Thunderchild Well-Known Member

my friend...

ther is no need for a poll, your stuff is also great.

3. LyricaBelachium

most ppl prefer to vote rather than review, so I put it up anyway

4. TGping

TGping Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The thing is, your rendering is good, but there's no real TENSION.

And I think thats what you want. So I would shift the camera to were one figure is larger than the other and then overlap them. And that one guy looks like he's smiling? Is that intentional?

Maybe some other indicators that the speedster has come to a screeching halt, like kicked up snow/ steam/smoke?

I also like that you include a background here, some context goes a long way.

5. LyricaBelachium

oh um, wow o.o first constructive review I got here (yay thanks).
    so to answer that, lets see, yes they are both speedsters, yet here they aren't running anymore, they clashed and the effect of their speed isn't shown afterwards which is the moment we stand on.
    as for the tension (if your refering to the contact they have) yes, there is lack of, I tried a lot of ways, re drew and re drew and still couldn't quite grasp it, that was my best shot.
    as for the smile, yes it is intentional due to their background story.
    These two are both femmes, and they are twins. you might notice however one is decepticon while the other is autobot.
    Thing is, the decepticon was reprogramed and her memories erased, so she has this twisted idea of what her sister's intentions really are.
    Her sister is a never give up type of fighter trying to recover her twin and her memories for her. but as you can guess the decepticons didn't make that easy for her.
    so I wanted to make the blue one (Cliffstrider) sort of taunting the red one (AshBringer).
    as for the fact they are femmes but don't fully look like it that is also part of the story although I can not explain it otherwise it would ruin the comic book :) 
    hope that was informative and thanks again