AAARRRRGGGG! The Collectors Nightmare!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Movie PRIME, May 7, 2011.

1. Movie PRIME

Movie PRIME Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ok so until about 3 months ago I had really cut back on collecting. I had a good sized collection of the older Transformers from the CHU line, and had been grabbing the new Generations as they came out. Then about two months ago my Girlfriend who collects PEZ saw me agonizing over weather, or not to bid on a Classics Jetfire that was already at $49 only for me lose it because I toke to long thinking about it. She told me that if I really wanted it I should get it. So the next time one came up I didn't hesitate, and I got one for $45. This started me collecting heavy again with the gole of getting every CHUG character from the U.S. G1 cartoon who had been released in a Scout, Deluxe, or Voyager size.

Now 3 months later, and I have all but 4, maybe 5 if I'm willing to get Legends Wheelie, but MAN the last 4 are driving me up the wall trying to get them!

When I first started collecting again it seemed easy as I was getting about 2 to 4 Transformers a week, but now its been 3 weeks, and I just cant find these guys. All I need is Henkei Astrotrain, Classics Ratchet, RTS Windcharger, and Grapple! The last two I don't care about so much as I'm sure we will see them in retail sooner, or later, but I cant seem to find Henkei Astrotrain at a good price, and I cant seem to find Classics Ratchet at all let alone at a good price! I do see them every now, and then on here, but by the time I see them, and send a PM someone ells has already called them. ITS SOOOOO FRUSTRATING!!!!!

I even started a Wants Thread, and a B/S/T Thread in the hope that someone who has them will see that I want them, and contact me first, but have gotten not even one PM about it.

Ok sorry guys I just had to get that off my chest, and share my Collecting Nightmare with people who may understand my frustration!

So what about you guys? What are your Collecting Nightmares?

Thanks
    Movie Prime

2. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    my nightmare happened-for some reason, one of the guys on the back of my shelf fell over and started an avalanche. an avalanche which fell onto my head, as my bed is under that particular shelf. i'm always affraid thats gonna happen again, but i moved ROTF Demolisher to a different shelf and he's been fine ever since.

i did go what you went through though, in the hunt for the older ones. i lucked out with Ratchet as my brother had him. he opened his Ironhide and hated it, so he gave both Ironhide and Ratchet too me. Never found Henkei Astrotrain though, got the classics one instead. it works for me, but i dont really have any Japanese toys outside Classics Megatron and Animated Blackout & Rodimus

3. BarBoBot

BarBoBot Well-Known Member

I dropped the helmet to protector Rodimus...It took me an hour to find it in my living room.

I tore the whole place up looking for it, and was freaking out!

My wife walked in the room and I screamed "Dont walk through here! It could be anywhere!" So she just turned around and walked away, but my dog who likes to eat things came to see what I was yelling about! :banghead: 

4. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    The hunt is part of the fun. Keep looking, keep bumping your threads, and you'll eventually find what you want.

5. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    Having around 85% of the henkei non exclusives collection, including the ellusive [to many, many people] Ironhide, Ratchet, Hound, Jetfire, Jazz [United] and Tracks [United], but missing Smokescreen and Red Alert. And being the completist bastard I am, I'm not settling for their universe\generations counterparts!

That pair alone can easily cost me 200 USD, thanks to how much they go for at the moment.

And I got all the rest...at retail prices. Some even clearanced.

6. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    This is why I'm glad i try not to pass on Classics at all.

My real Collector's Nightmare is my house burning down. I don't know if i could even restart my collection. I have alot from 2005's Cybertron to 2011's Pre-DOTM line.

7. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I had the same problem with skyfire and henkei prime

But the above is correct it's part of the fun the hunt for them.

8. BigPhill

BigPhill Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Same for me.

My home insurance only recognises some of the rare figures as a value equal to their cost when they were purchased.

I'm currently arguing with them about using the values found on SHMAX, as it's not biased towards my collection in any way.

9. OptimusTron97

OptimusTron97 I like the red water

One of mine is going to the store only to find out that the one toy you are looking for's wavemate is there but the one you want isn't.

Found TONS of Recon Ironhides, but no Bludgeons..

10. Moriarty

Moriarty = ♀

News Credits:
    Wanting to complete the TFA line.

Botcon: Hey that's cool, and I'mma let you finish, but our ridiculously over-priced exclusives this year are all gonna utilise TFA molds! SUCK IT, POOR NON-AMERICAN!
    Me: FFFFFUUUUU.

11. Quixote_Prime

Quixote_Prime is missed.

News Credits:
    Me over-transforming my figures and wearing out un-repairable joints.

12. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Selling stuff in order to pay off debts. Selling the kind of stuff I know I'll regret later, but sometimes have no choice in it. When the time comes and I want to have it again, it costs me a lot more to get back what I sold off a while ago.
    Too many things on the wish-list, and not enough deep pockets to cover it all. :( 

13. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I hear ya. I sold off my Macross stuff in a similar fashion. I also sold off some good conditioned G1 toys back in the day. One of them....being an optimus prime in box. I wish I would have kept him. Ah well....I think the only thing I have left from the original TFs is the seacons somewhere in my parent's house lol.

14. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    you know what my collecting nightmare is? Wiping off the blood. The amount of kids I've had to beat down to get that toy in their hands really its hard to believe I've ever had the time to tackle the stains....

... whut?

15. DECADER

DECADER COBRAAAAAAA!

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    The other day I was all like "man, I might get Universe Sunstreaker out and fiddle around with him" only to then realize I had previously sold him. Oh well at least I never sold any of my Animated stuff.

Also the time I pinched my hand transforming Masterpiece Optimus and my finger bled, sure is fun cleaning blood stains off of a toy.

16. seali_me

seali_me Buhawi Gabay-Tala

those are fugly anyways. you don't need more fugly repaints. i have yet to see good botcon toy...

17. iluvu_superion

iluvu_superion Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Credit Cards, it's the collector's best friend!

18. Grimlockprime16

Grimlockprime16 Me Grimlock King!

I to would have to say Im scared as hell of a house fire. I got alot of MIB G1 stuff and that wouldnt be cheap to replace.

19. seali_me

seali_me Buhawi Gabay-Tala

dude, that's harsh. this has be the worst thing imaginable to a collector.

20. iluvu_superion

iluvu_superion Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    If my house got burnt down, I'd probably not collect anymore.