AAAGGGGHHHHH!!! Finals SUCK!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by slugslinger2004, May 4, 2006.

1. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm having a major crash right now. finals just started yesterday and I pretty much got my easy exams out of the way. I've still got 3 more - Stat 201, calculus 2 and a Materials Science/ Engineering exam. I'm retaking the last 2 classes, and my grades in both pretty much suck as bad as the last time. B/c of those 2 I'm on academic review (supposed to keep at least a 2.8, and i got a 2.71). It looks like I'll get a C in MSE and if i'm lucky a D in Calc. Adding on to that, there's no way I'll be able to get a 3.0 to keep my scholarship and i cant go to summer school b/c I'm going to Ghana on a missions trip.

So now I have to find out if I can get a student loan for next year (I can get my scholarship back if I get my gpa back up to a 3 by the end of next year) in addition to finding a job, getting a car, and getting a co-op/internship for next summer. ok i feel a little better now...:spam  :redface2: 

2. Nerd Bomber

Nerd Bomber Consulting your needs

hang in there, it'll all get better!

3. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, dude...trust me the extra effort in studying really comes in handy...learnt that the hard way while I first started job hunting.

4. vf-xx

vf-xx ereh ees ot gnihtoN

Ebay:
    You must have a very hard MSE class or a cruddy prof. I don't remember that class being all that difficult. Relax, once you get past Calc 2 it gets easier. For some reason Calc 2 is either really hard or really easy and Calc 3 is the opposite.

I'm getting ready to take my Composites final. Joy!!!

5. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    In my opinion, Calculus classes, since they're the most formative part of the training for any higher math stuff (especially in an engineering degree) are something you have to just devote an awful lot of time to learning on your own. I had a great Calc. 2 professor and a pretty crappy Calc. 3 professor, but both classes were difficult in terms of the material, at least for me.

As my crazy Linear Algebra professor said, "Donna you worry! All you godda do is do da calcoolaysheeyuns!"

6. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just finished my Stat exam, and it turned out to be the easiest exam I've had so far. My MSE instructor's great, a hell of a lot better than my last one. I just messed up on one of my exams and we only had 2 so it pulled me down alot. The final shouldn't be too bad though.

And if by some miracle I get a D in Calc 2, I'll be more than happy

7. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Chin up: Ds get degrees.