Customs: Aaaaaaaugh!!

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Ops_was_a_truck, Sep 3, 2005.

1. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I want to tear everything ever to pieces right now. GODDAMNIT!! I'm trying to do a custom Mustang in green with black racing stripes (just like my gf's car)...

I just finished doing the stripes on the car. I unmasked the roof & windshield assembly to see whether the paint had taken.

It had taken PERFECTLY. I had 2 PERFECT, absolutely CRISP black stripes down the lime green top of the Mustang.

Then I remask the thing so I can paint the windshield wipers. I used regular (3M?) blue masking tape.

When I pulled back the masking tape, IT TOOK THE STRIPES WITH IT. MY PERFECT PAINT APP IS RUINED AND I HATE EVERYTHING EVER GARRRRRRR!!!!!!!

Note to everyone else: NEVER NEVER NEVER glosscoat a project AND THEN put Krylon Fusion on top...it just becomes a thin, film-like layer on top of the previous paint.

stupid stupid stupid...

2. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

Ouch! I hate masking, and I always get a real feeling of accomplishment, when it comes out well. That would put me into kill mode, too.

All I can think of would be to try model paint, over the Fusion.

3. Baby Bumblebee

Baby Bumblebee Well-Known Member

sorry for your loss.

4. Icebergman

Icebergman Well-Known Member

Wow Ops!! I didn't think that could happen cause i can never get that blue tape to sick that good in the first place. You have my full sympathy....