AA2012 / Calloways Customs and Kapow Toys Open Pre-Orders For Exclusive Kitbash Addon

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Simes, Jun 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The 12th Prime

The 12th Prime A Seth Buzzard Fan

Ebay:
    If anybody is selling that head I'll buy it. I have a Gen Wheeljack sitting around.

2. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard @DiabraveSid

News Credits:
    Sorry you feel that way, we tried to price and tier the exclusive in a way that would benefit both attendees and non-attendees.
    To put things into perspective, £50 for the non-attendee includes shipping, UK fans often pay £50 as JUST the postage cost for a TFCC club-store exclusive, I guess pricing is all relative.

Just to clarify, the non-attendee package includes:
    Auto Assembly 2012 A2 litho print illustrated by Jeff Anderson
    Auto Assembly 2012 Exclusive Comic
    The Cybertronian Times Issue 13 Convention Magazine SIGNED by our guests
    Personalised Auto Assembly 2012 Pass and Lanyard
    Set of Auto Assembly 2012 Convention Exclusive Postcards
    Jagex Transformers Universe Art Card
    Entry into the Auto Assembly 2012 Prize Draw (exclusive to Weekend Ticket Holders and Non-Attendees with a first prize worth almost £300)
    A set of the Auto Assembly 2011 Convention Exclusive Postcards
    A copy of the Auto Assembly theme song “Transform” CD single – Non-Attendee Pack Exclusive
    The chance to purchase the convention exclusive Marlboor add-on kit

That includes the chance to buy two additional unpainted heads, a savvy group of collectors could split the cost three ways.

3. Boardwise

Boardwise There are no strings on me Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Need to see if I can shift some holidays about at work today, so hopefully I can and then I'm pretty sure I'll be going.

Just hope the Gold set doesn't sell out by then.

4. Simes

Simes Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have to reiterate what Sid said about the cost of the Non-Attendee Package. This is a LOT more than just a "few postcards". The convention magazine is a full colour magazine packed with articles, fiction and original comic strips and we will be getting this SIGNED for everyone who orders the Non-Attendee Package by all of our guests. For those of you who don't know, we have a line-up of 16 guests so far for the convention, including the ENTIRE creative team behind Regeneration One, so we know that many of these guests haven't / won't be appearing at any non-UK conventions in the foreseeable future.

Our exclusive comic has been professionally illustrated / written and features several short strips and - without blowing our own trumpet - looks absolutely stunning. And then there is the litho - a professionally printed A2 litho featuring G1 artwork (which we will be unveiling soon) done by Marvel UK artist Jeff Anderson. This is Jeff's first Transformers work for several years and will only be available at the convention.

Shipping wise, more than a third of the cost of the Non-Attendee Pack is going on shipping / packing costs as we need to send them in two parcels to protect the litho properly and regardless of whether you order 1, 2 or 3 Marlboor kits, shipping for these is FREE. We're certainly not in this for the money and our goal at Auto Assembly is to break even and offer fans a great event, nothing else as everyone who has attended over the years will tell you.

Simon

5. Flashpoint

Flashpoint Well-Known Member

I wish we had something like this in my country. Keep up the hard work guys.

6. Simes

Simes Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We're accepting Non-Attendee Packs from anywhere in the world so you can still take part in this if you are interested... although I would hurry as the Silver Marlboor Kit has almost sold out and the Workshop will be online for you to watch / follow!

We do have attendees coming to the convention from all over the world as well and do have people travelling from Australia this year so you wouldn't be alone!

Simon

7. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Australia? Nice one, it says something about what a good thing you are on to when you can convince people from literally half the world away to make the trip :) 

8. Optimus1984

Optimus1984 Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Got a gold package last night. I'm so exited to make him!!!!!

9. Flashpoint

Flashpoint Well-Known Member

Workshop will be online for us to watch? That is going out and beyond duty.

Even we have Transfans at the bottom of the world lol. Just put my order for the non-attendee silver package.

10. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard @DiabraveSid

News Credits:
    That's packs to Europe, North America, Asia and Australia. Can we get packages to Africa, Antartica and South America to complete the continents? Haha.

Only five gold packs remaining! Request your invoice as soon as possible or you'll miss out.

11. Alooulla

Alooulla Decepticon

I've got my gold package ordered, which means it comes with the Wheeljack figure as well. But im having second thoughts when i realised it would involve some painting, and frankly if im taking a risk of ruining the figure i wont enjoy the process. Therefore i might be up for swapping it when i get it.

12. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard @DiabraveSid

News Credits:
    You'll never have a better starting point for a custom than a workshop where you can see how to do it, and a video guide online so you can refresh each step as you go:)  We're offering full support for this as much as we can.

13. Simes

Simes Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got to agree. I've had plans to do a kitbash on an Energon Battle Ravage for a couple of years. Got the toy, paints and everything else and planned out what I need to do (just need to get a junker BW TM Cheetor for the last few parts I need) but I just haven't felt brave enough to get started! It's all about taking that first step... and I used to paint Citadel Miniatures so I'm not too nervous about the painting side of things!

14. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard @DiabraveSid

News Credits:
    Okay, we actually just sold out of the original consignment of Gold packages, so I've sourced some more Wheeljacks and stickers and we've moving some heads from the bronze allocation to provide more gold and silver as they seem to be the popular items.

New package break down:

Gold Packages: 35
    Silver Packages: 45
    Bronze Packages: 20

So overall, there will still be the same about of exclusive items available, we're just giving more people the chance to go with the insanely popular Gold package. There are still only 100 exclusive hand painted heads as originally planned, we've just tweaked the allocation to meet demand.

Be warned though, even with the change up, we only have 5 more Gold packages left.

15. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Same here, I used to do the miniatures as well. On my side it's a Titanium Starscream though, but yeah, it's just a case of starting. And in my case finding the free time!

16. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard @DiabraveSid

News Credits:
    GOLD package has sold out, only a few Silver left for attendees.

17. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard @DiabraveSid

News Credits:
    Just a quick update on the state of the AA exclusive add-on set for 2012.

Silver sets are now sold out, however due to a few people who reserved the sets and have failed to pay the invoice sent out, we have five Gold sets available again.

Basic unpainted sets will be available at the convention in limited quantities.

To clarify a few points to avoid confusion...
    Kapow Toys' sponsored this set in so far as they provided a quantity of Wheeljack figures at wholesale prices in exchange for including their name on the promotional materials and packaging.
    Auto Assembly's involvement with this set begins and ends with them being kind enough to let us organise this set, we thank them for giving us a chance to do something special for 2012 and we hope to be in a position to do something bigger and better in 2013.
    Calloway Customs involvement is that they were kind enough to provide us with a unique head mold which will not be available to the public outside of the convention.
    The people behind the organisation of the sets, invoicing and distribution is Sensible Collectibles, represented by myself. I have traded at AA for four years, and sold on ebay for 13 years as well as at various shows up and down the country and on various sales / trade forums. I can be contacted at [email protected] with any questions about this add-on set. Thanks.

18. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.