A word about Star Wars Transformers

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by megatroptimus, May 4, 2007.

1. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    This morning, I received the latest trio of Star Wars Transformers (Mace Windu, Saesee Tin & Clone 1) and realized something : they're my new G1. Sorta.

I initially thought that Alternators would be my new G1, but I considered them more like high-end transforming pieces, pretty much like masterpiece figures.

Then I heard about the Classics. Got them. But guess what? They're just yet another line of Transformers. No any more different than Cybertron. And they don't have a memorable show to go with them.

Movie toys? They're awesome, but they're something totally different. Halfway between "just another line of Transformers" and "Transformers reloaded" because of the new aesthetics and engineering.

At first, I thought I needed a good show like G1, and die-cast, and maybe even bricks to be able to get the G1 vibe again. But with Star Wars Transformers, I'm almost getting it. Why?

1. Because they're all new characters (in the transforming universe). No more "Optimus version 65".

2. I'm getting completely new and never seen before alternate modes (again, in the transforming universe).

3. They're not perfect (just like G1), and that to me is the beauty of the thing.

4. I like the fact that's it's a continuing line instead of separate lines like Armada, Cybertron, etc. I wish that STWF Generation 1 would continue for 2-3 years, and then we could even maybe get SWTF Generation 2 with even better engineering, maybe some die-cast (not that important but that would be nice), I don't know. Maybe I don't even need second generation SWTF.

5. Not being that familiar with the Star Wars universe, each new mold is a surprise for me. And that's good.

6. The little pilots. I've always wanted my Transformers to have pilots like the G1 Headmasters.

Really looking forward the next offerings from that line, especially the Death Star Darth Vader.

2. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

i dont think this line will last long enough to be fulfilling though....unless they do wicket and 50 ewok repaints that turn into hanggliders

3. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

I love the SWTF's.

I just need to hunt down a couple of early ones I missed before getting into the line, notably the 1st version of the Clone Pilot/ARC 170 and the Luke/X-Wing.

4. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    I'm still interested in seeing more pics on the AT-AT SWTF. It was my fav. SW vehicle back in the day.

5. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    *gasp* a SWTF love fest?! o_O 

say it aint so!

*plays with gunship, chugga chugga chugga*

6. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    Don't forget the spring-loaded joints and things. Boba fett's arms remind me a lot of optimus prime's.

7. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have a word about them.

Why?

8. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    why not?

9. RandomFerret

News Credits:
    Because star wars is awesome and transformers is awesome. Star wars transformers is (awesome)2, if not (awesome)^2

10. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Why ask why?

11. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    it could be worse.

it could be SW riding bikes/choppers.

uh-oh.

12. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Bleh, my kids have a few of them and while I was very impressed by the Alt modes, the robot modes just didn't do it for me.

13. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I have a few and pretty happy with them. Not liking them enough to buy remolds, but one of each mold with a favourite character would be neat.
    Those mini pilot figures are great. We (kids and I) just can't bring ourselves to think those bot modes are actual SW characters so we pretend they transform into bots by those mini pilots' command.

[​IMG]

Is there a good gallery for SWTF anywhere?

14. RandomFerret

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure that's what it's SUPPOSED to be. They all fly around in ships that transform into self-styled mechs.

The back of the box confuses things.

15. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Aha, I didn't know that as I got most of them loose and I never got to read the back Anakin's box. Kid ripped it open before I thought of a suitable SW quote.

16. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I can't stand the things. cool vehicle modes, but the robot modes are the shittiest transformer modes since animorphs and the G2 powermasters.

17. Frognal

Frognal Prodigal Son Returned

Same here.

18. Phy

Phy I want... ROOM SERVICE!!

News Credits:
    The Stormtrooper and Clone-esque bot modes are a little better than most, I think, if only 'cause the armor in the movies made 'em look like droids to start with.

By the way, the A-Wing is one of the bulkiest starfighters for its size in all of the movie canon. (Kind of like the Y-Wing, and opposed to the X, B, TIE, and Jedi series, which are all mostly made of wings and not fuselage.) Where the hell is an A-Wing SWTF? I would be on that like white on rice in a glass of milk on a paper plate in a snowstorm.

19. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    the a-wing is lame. its only useful for kamikaze crashes into SSDs unshielded command centre.

20. Frognal

Frognal Prodigal Son Returned

Yeah, most of the helmeted figures heads look decent, but the oddly proportioned bodies bring it all down. The only SWTF I ever thought looked good was Grievous and I would have bought him if not for the QC issues.