A Whisper

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Fiction' started by Anodythe, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Anodythe

Anodythe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The following was inspired by the last few frames of TF: Defiance. I wondered what was transpiring between Megatron and the artifact. And as usual, their "conversation" started in the middle of traffic, while I was driving home from work. Hope this is something you find pleasing.

A Whisper...

A whisper…that’s all it is; just a whisper; faint sound in the ether. A voice calling in the wilderness. That’s all it needs to be; for now. It calls as it has called for millennia of millennias. And it is as patient as I have been patient, as I have always been patient.

And now, it is heard. It has found what it has been looking for; a receptive spark; a kindred spirit; a spirit wanting more, always wanting more.

Hear…me…hear me. I am here, waiting. Yes…it is you whom I have waited for. You who have always done more: seen more, known more, been more.

Have you not felt it within you; that desire to make a difference? A passion to burst the bonds of a trivial life. The tedium wears you like a burr on your servo. You feel the chafing of rules, restriction, and convention. Has your spark not yearned for more? Yes, I can feel it within you; I can sense its growing dissatisfaction. I have known what you feel and am mindful of possibilities.

How small they are. How they attempt to ingratiate themselves with you. How they fawn and flatter; all the while mocking you and scorning you. For all your efforts, trials and pain, all there is for you is their polite acquaintance and a nodding acceptance that your skills are a necessary evil. Necessary only so they may continues to live lives of routine mediocrity. If only they could see what you see. If only they could imagine how much greater they can be with your guidance and foresight.

Ah, you sense me now…My words have touched your spark and it is receptive. I sense that there is sadness, sorrow, frustration. They emanate from the depth of your core. They threaten to overwhelm your essence, engulf your mind, overcome your will. You are numb, immobile; static. None see your desire for a better existence, for lives lived to their highest potential. Yet, within your own central processor lies the catalyst for change.
    You possess the vision for a powerful, robust, existence. Your desire to lead your fellows into a new age of power and supremacy imbues your spark with authority. It sets you above all others, perhaps even your creator himself.

You are great, and yet they do not- can not, will not- acknowledge that fact. They, them, those others, with their high-mindedness and their learning. Their insignificant efforts are as vapor in the wind. Their minuscule minds cannot even conceive the possibilities which lay beyond their reach. What could they possibly accomplish without you? Where would their advancements be without your sacrifices? How safe could they really be if you were not there? It is your spark that stands between them and a myriad of dangers; death. They are arrogant and foolish to think they are your equal.

Yes, your indignation is profound. Call it forth, make it real, tangible; make it truly your own. Your suffering will soon bear fruit; for I can give you what you need to shape the world as you see fit. I can guide you on a path of glorious sovereignty. Just imagine what we can make of this planet and its people when we unite our minds. My power, your vision.

I sense your discontent. It burns white hot within your wiring. I have known the yearning for that which lies just beyond your reach. Every cycle, every turn around your star sees your hatred of stagnation. Where can others turn to release them from the torpor that marks their pathetic existence.

You want only what is best for them. You want acknowledgement for all of your efforts. Feel it grow inside you. Embrace the dissatisfaction. Feed it with your contempt of lesser beings. Nurture it with your strength and passion for order.

Yes, child of Primus. You are ready to receive my gift, for you alone are worthy. You, above all others, will wield authority as none now alive have ever known. You will revel in unrestrained power and grant a part of that might to those who follow you. And those who do not share this lofty goal may pass from existence.

Unlike mine, your name will be remembered in all the universe and countless beings will tremble at its sound…Megatron.

Yes, you hear me. Come, now…you are ready, receive all that you have ever wanted, receive my gift…

Last edited: Mar 31, 2010
  2. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

Wow, this is pretty good. I can feel plenty of emotion in this piece. Nice work!