A way to include Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Ra88, Aug 4, 2007.

1. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    An idea that popped into my mind just now. Let's say that Unicron shows up in the third movie. Now I don't know about you, but I do not want to see a Dark God, or the way he appeared in TFTM.

So here's the idea I have. Most of us agree that the Decepticons need to find a way to suck our planet dry of it's natural resources. But here's my idea: Basically, the Decepticons will do two things, depending on the situation.
    One: They establish a colony on the surface of the planet, making it one of their many bases.
    Two: They get pissed off at the native species or deem the planet unsuitable for colonization, and bring in the Planet Devourer.

In other words: Unicron would be the ultimate Decepticon weapon. A massive ship that's the size of a small country or a large city, which contains a small star (which stores the stolen energy) in the very center. It sucks a planet dry of energy (for example: doing something to the earth's core and turning the magma into rock), and then leaves with the rest of the Decepticons ships.

The captain of this ship could be Unicron himself, who is merged directly with the Planet Devourer itself. Normally he would be a supercomputer-esque thing in the form of an orb, but if the situation calls for it, he could transform to robot mode.

As for the appearance of the Planet Devourer: It could be an altered version of TFTM Unicron. Instead of having the shape of an orb, it could have the shape of an egg, with the two large claws and 'mouth' at the front, and the classic ring (with the 4 poles attached to the object and the rings sweeping backwards a bit). When it nears a planet, the rings unfold into giant tentacle-esque objects which drill into the surface of the planet, stabilizing the Planet Devourer, after which the two horns dig into the planet, creating a large and very deep hole in the ground so that the 'mouth' can start sucking it dry, using an exatraction system that's similiar to a black hole.

I don't know what kind of role it could play in the third movie, though. Maybe it's just a weapon showed in an Autobot flashback, warning the humans that unless they stop the Decepticon invasion, that's what could happen. Or it could be brought in during the last hour, with the final battle focussing on a daring new plan of the Autobots to infiltrate the Planet Devourer, hijack the ship, and then send it back into deepspace on a suicide mission during which Prime (?) uses the Matrix to overload it's systems and destroy it from the inside out.

What do you guys think of this idea?

2. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like the idea: Decepticon superweapon, with a role similiar to Sixshot in IDW. And pray tell, who created this weapon? Shockwave? Unicron himself?

Thing is, if they're going to introduce Soundwave, they may well link him to Unicron, ala TF: Cybertron, for smooth storyline transistions. I suspect Unicron's appearance in a third film will herald a revelation regarding the Allspark, and perhaps Primus as its creator.

3. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure if they introduce Unicron, it'll be a play off of the polar opposite of the Allspark.

Not saying he won't be sentient himself, but it does open a huge can of worms when one side of the yin yang has been destroyed.

4. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    if it works the way you say it does, by the time it got close to our planet we'd all be dead.

things to think about:

1. high chance of hitting the earth, which would destroy both of them.
    2. the energy such a thing to require to function would make any gains to be had from sucking the planet dry barely worth the effort

5. E Nice

E Nice Well-Known Member

I'd rather see the Quintessons as the heralds of Unicron, to have a common foe to unite the factions in defending Earth over.

6. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

no.

i'm not really trying to be a douche, but I don't want to see Unicron come anywhere near these movies.

7. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    I think he could be added, but he doesn't have to be the way we see him. Like I said, I look a him as the opposite of the allspark that gave life. The allspark itself seemed limitless in power, so his 'feasting' may not be for any gains short of the chaos and fear he creates, and massive death. He can either be powered by that, or by his own power and just be getting his rocks off.

Another planet, who knows, but due to his nature, I don't think he'd be destroyed, but the gravitational effects would destroy the planet unless his aura creates a canceling agent. But that's assuming he's another planet.

8. StefanXPrime

StefanXPrime Hater of all things G1

I agree

9. a person

a person Is not amused.

News Credits:
    Unicron doesn't have to be a huge planet TF he could just be a powerful devilish god like Transformer about the same size as Megatron. He could have the power to bring back the dead (Megatron). He could be a force or a being that can get into other Transformers minds and turn them mad (how the Decepticons were turned evil and for the second movie Galvatrons insanity).

10. HyperGeek_1984

HyperGeek_1984 Herr Doktor

I had a similar idea, with both the Allspark and Unicron being artifacts created by Quintessons long before the rise of Cybertron.

The Allspark is a device built by the ancient aliens as means to bring mechanical life to a world, but only life that would serve them. Unicron was built as a last-measure super weapon to keep any rebellious "children" in line.

Somewhere along the line Unicron itself rebelled against its master and the Quintessons were all but destroyed. With contact with their one-time masters severed, the early Cybertronians shook off Quintesson rule in a bloody revolution and over the millennia the true history of Cybertron was lost in the past.

11. Taggenagger

Taggenagger Transformers fandubs! TFW2005 Supporter

They should keep it simple, no Unicron. I'd much rather see Tidal Wave or Devastator at some point.

12. a person

a person Is not amused.

News Credits:
    As much as I would love to see the Quintessons in a Transformer movie I really do think Michael Bay would not care at all about them.

13. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

Now this is an awesome background for Unicron, I love it. Yeah, it goes against the cartoons and comics, but it is in a spirit of them as it combines them all.

14. killahbuny

killahbuny Well-Known Member

theres some excellent ideas here but i really dont think unicron will show up in the movies and I for one am glad, I just dont want to see a unicron that isnt a planet eating planet and lets face it the chances of that happening are slim it just wouldnt work imo.

15. Moonhawk

Moonhawk Well-Known Member

I really hate stories based on this idea - especially where robots are concerned. In terms of mineral wealth (which is presumably what robots/unicron would be interested in) - earth is nothing special. Far higher concentrations of metals and other elements can be found elsewhere in the universe far more easily. Basically - earth is just a non-descript rock - with a few green bits of mould growing on its surface.

Film makers using this supposed "natural resource" that only exists on earth is simply a weak plot element - because they couldnt think of anything better.

16. nintendocon

nintendocon Autocon

I had a thought about unicron too, but see thinking about it, I believe if they don’t bring him in.. They should at least put a planet that looks like him in the background space scenery. Like if the transformers are in space going somewhere and in the background there is a planet that is shaped just like the old unicron. So that g1 fans can be all like hey look and it also honor unicron with out bringing him in.

17. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    me too, no unicron!!!

18. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    no, that is not true, of the original series anyway. it was not just a non-descript rock, it was the non-descript rock that they were all trapped on, meaning they had to try to pluder it's resources to get enough energy to power a flight back to cybertron

19. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And in this case, Earth is their new home. Cybertron is the dead rock.

20. Moonhawk

Moonhawk Well-Known Member

But Unicron didnt come after earth. The Decepticons were plundering earths resources because they were essentially trapped here and had to find sources of energy to sustain them.

The Cons building a "Unicron" to suck the planet dry is wasted effort - if they had the energy and resources to build a giant planet thing big enough to drain and store energy of our planet - there are far better sources of energy in the solar system than earth. Also with the Allspark gone - there is no reason for them to stay. We already know Starscream can leave the Earth under his own power - and depending on what you consider canon - the cons may even have a ship parked up in the solar system.

The Planet Devourer Unicron wouldnt really work either - because why come to earth just to devour it? There is nothing special about earths resources that would attract a giant killer planet. And how much of a coincidence would it be if we were just "in the way". Autobots show up (the only things in the universe capable of stopping a giant killer planet) - a couple of years before the giant killer planet itself - hmmmmm.

For a pre-existing Unicron - I could believe him coming to earth for the Allspark (if it still exists in the sequel) in order to gain the ability to transform.

Alternatively - I could believe the cons creating unicron as a weapon - say from one of cybertrons moons (if it has any in this canon). Using the stolen Allspark they would think they could control it, only to find out to their cost that they cant and it turns on Cybertron instead. This could even be a good storyline for Starscream - his character is so egotistical - it woud be just like him to try something like this and think he was in control.