A very import-ant question about Superion Maximus...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ShadowStitch, May 28, 2008.

1. ShadowStitch

ShadowStitch vectoring the hate plague

So I received the five jets which form Superion Maximus, (the USA version,) in the mail today.

I started looking at Storm Jet, and I noticed he has many parts made from what appears to be that OBNOXIOUS pea-soup vomit colored green plastic. (the same stuff that plagues Energon Downshift.) You know the stuff I'm talking about. They use it all over the place. I compared Storm Jet to Downshift, and it's definitely yellower, but I'm not sure it can pass for "gold"... 'cause under the sunlight it looks unnervingly green.

Now I know that the impossibly rare Japanese version of Downshift, "Superlink Wheeljack," (which I also lust after) uses GREY plastic instead of GREEN. My question is: Is this also the case for Superion Maximus?

As in, if I snag the Japanese 5-figure boxed set of Superion Maximus, will the offensive green bits be grey instead, or does that unholy tragedy of a design choice carry over to the Japanese release as well?

Surely someone here has the import one and can verify... please?

(Of course if he IS grey instead of green, that means I'm going to have to hunt down that set and ditch my American figures...again. Damn you, Hasbro...)

2. meetoblivion

meetoblivion aka chazzy

Ebay:
    which part on him are you talking about? i don't recall there being any green on silverbolt.

3. ShadowStitch

ShadowStitch vectoring the hate plague

I'm talking about the Energon gestalt figure, not the g1 or whathaveyou.

I checked out the Seibertron galleries, and it really does look like the import is different colors...the gold is less green, and the grey is lighter (and also less green...)

4. Chaos Convoy

Chaos Convoy Dai Gurren-Dan member

News Credits:
    Neither one has anything vaguely green on 'em. Especially nothing like the green on Energon Downshift. It's more of a light, sandy brown color. The paint on the face might have a slightly greenish tint to it, but that's because of the black plastic underneath. The Superlink and Energon are pretty much the same, although the Superlink one looks a little lighter than the Energon one. But neither is anywhere near what I'd call "green." It's definitely a light brown.