a topic on gay relationships and surrogate pregnancy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GENOZAUR, Sep 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

i have been giving this a bit of thought lately

when it comes to fertility clinics and infertile heterosexual couples a option that can at times be explored has to do with the matter of cloning in the case of the woman being infertile that while a woman who is infertile would provide the egg cell while the husband would provide a sample of their own personel dna with it being used to serve as the replacement genetic core material to be inserted into the egg cell and also with it being used to fertalize the egg cell so that the woman could then be made pregnent with a child that would for all intents and purposes be a infant clone of the husband

i have been giving this a bit of thought lately

would it be possible for a gay couple to concieve a child vie surrogate pregnancy in the case where the woman is herself a trusted freind of the one guys family
    she provides a le egg cell with its genetic core material having been removed

the one guy involved in the gay relationship provides a sample of his own bodies dna which itself would be used to serve as the genetic dna core material for the egg sell

while the other guy in the gay relationship would himself provide a sperm sample which would be used to fertalize the egg cell with

under those circumstances would it be possible for the woman to become pregnant and carry the fetus to full term and would the child actually have the dna of both gay men as its biological fathers?

on the one hand as a member of the gay community i can actually understand how this could be seen in a postivie light

on the other hand though you just know the conservative right wing side of the community would raise all out hell on the matter debate wise

2. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    If everything you listed above is possible, I wouldn't see why it couldn't be possible. Except, doesn't it mean that if a woman is infertile, there are no eggs to draw from?

3. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    So where does the dog fit in to all of this?

4. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I don't know shit about reproductive medicine. I don't think this is technically possible now, and if it is, it's certainly not performed routinely.

One issue would be the one out of four risk that you'd combine two Y chromosones. I'm thinking that would result in an inviable fetus, although I don't know for sure...there might be an extreme situation in which that could naturally, but I don't know of a case study.

Additionally, I just think it's far, far, far more complicated than you make it sound. Removing and exchanging genetic material isn't something that can just be easily done...while I understand what you're saying, and it makes hypothetical sense, I think it's tanatmount to saying that we should be able to make a shrinking machine just by compressing the distance between electrons and protons. I mean, all the atoms would be smaller, sure, but it's not really that simple. At all.

That's a bad analogy, but it's all I got this morning.

Are you gay? I thought that only referred to someone who liked people of the same sex. ;) 

5. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

slight mistake there typing wise

me i figure at the very least it would be possible for the kid to be in a certain manner osf speaking a partial clone of the one guy and at the same time it being the son of the other guy but with both gay men being the kids biological fathers

in a way one could look at this as being a real life attempt to overwrite one persons reproductive genetic dna with that of another persons

6. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

on the one hand if this actually does become entirely possible at sompoint in the present day in the near future, i could actually understand how this could be seen in a postive light by the gay community

7. $shockwave$

$shockwave$ Banned

News Credits:
    So were saying that "a" releationship with men could priduce a child?

8. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

vie surrogate pregnancy, in a manner of speaking yes.

at the least it might take maybe all of a decade of research at the least but yeah i think it would be entirely possible for 2 gay men or lesbian woman to geneticly concieve a child together vie surrogate pregnancy in which the child has inherited dna from both of its fathers or mothers.

9. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    this will not end well....

10. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

We definitely need more research into this. Under-population is the biggest problem facing humanity.

11. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Genozaur has the baby-blues.

12. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    The moment you can actually procreate properly with the same sex is the day the world makes social history.

I think this subject is related to another topic, where a world could exist without men. Basically I think it had been worked out theoretically how to procreate with only women.

BBC NEWS | UK | Magazine | Life without men

Having read it again (and its not quite the same article) its more about discussion of theory, as opposed to actual developments. But then isn't that what this thread is?

13. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Great. More fodder for the feminazis.

14. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

yeah i am gay

been that way since the age of 13 during my first year in jnr high

truth betold i just barely made it through my first month there before i found myself lossing my aft to a well hung afroamerican guy by the handle of double dwho was 2 years my snr at the time

15. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

Layoff the Sci Fi and go to a fertility clinic or see an Obstetrician about your options.

16. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    TOO MUCH INFORMATION DUDE :hookday 

17. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Anything along the lines of which you are describing would probably fall into the realm of eugenics much more readily. If a gay couple decides they wanted to reproduce and they have an agreeing surrogate woman in their circle of friends, there will likely be a point in the near (not like 5-10 years, more like 25-30) future where parents will be able to choose their children's eye color, hair color, etc. As far as I understand, once the genetically-modified egg (or sperm? Not sure which one they actually change) is put with its mate, the rest of the process is just the same as in vitro fertilization.

18. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

19. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

That's not going to happen via Science, son.

20. BenPrince

BenPrince Banned

A black dog it not African American.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.