a topic about the hero, the villain and the relationship that exists between them

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GENOZAUR, Dec 18, 2007.

1. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

people i got a question when it comes to the relationship shared by the villain and the hereo as it exists betwen the two

what is it exactly that drives the villain to either

A greive in private for the death of his enemy with perhaps a single follower of his being the villains sole confident on the matter when it comes to said ally being the single living person that the villain knows he can trust without question and can also expect to keep and maintain their silence on the matter when it comes to the villain confiding such matters to this sole confident .

or B drive the villain to greive in public for the death of his enemy the hero with the villain at the very least showing up at the cemetery to pay his respects to the recently departed while standing in the background a relatively safe distance away from those attending the funeral.

or at the most extreme for that matter actually show up for the funeral viewing and while present in his grieving actually make an attempt to speak and reflect on the heroes life, his impact on the world and those whom knew the hero in life and the selfless sacrifice the hero made as his final act in life when it comes to this potentially volatile matter resolving itself in such a way that the villain himself in a whole hearted manner of speaking actually delivers a rather touching eulogy on behalf of the departed hero and those greiving his passing into death

or D take it upon himself to personally hunt down and murder the person who robbed the villain of his so called right to kill the hero and in doing so actually avenge the hero's death

say for example in the case where the villain has himself been robbed of that so called right due to someone other then the villain having proven theirself successful in killing the hero thus robbing the heros main villainous counterpart of that so called lifes pleasure

or for that matter in the case where the villain has been robbed of the heroe's death what is it that would drive him to make an attempt to restore the hero to life?

on that last one people i figure their are at least 3 ways that last one would play out story wise

1. the villain succeeds in his attempt to restore the fallen hero to life either so that the newly resurrected hero would for a time be made to serve the villain due to the hero literally owing the villain his life,

2. the villain succeeding in his attempt simply so that the villain can speak his peace to the newly revived hero if only so that the villain could kill the hero himself or do a complete turn around on the matter and instead for a time part ways with hero in a somewhat peaceful matter

or 3. at the most extreme people their is also the possibility that the villain would succeed in his attempt to restore the dead hero to life only to realise all to late that said formerly dead hero is a undead, unliving, monsterous, mockery of his former living self with the story ending in such a way that the villain is either killed by the monster as it's first victim or instead dies in the attempt to lay his fallen adversary's ghost to rest due to the villain giving his life in the end in the attempt to destroy the undead being as a way to repent for the actions the villain had commited in life.

me i figure when it comes to the relationship as it exists between the hero and the villain that it can at times be a very sordid and warped one when it comes to the very idea of the villain greiving in for the death of his enemy.

what are your thoughts people?

2. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

That's alot of information for the people to read.

3. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Yeah...I need some story references cause I really have never read a story with the details you've described. Perhaps, Luthor grieving for the death of Superman and then cloning him, but that was more for profit and control over a cloned Superman than wanting his nemesis back. Seems like a little too much thought for a pointless subject. You must writing something I guess.

4. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    We saw the effects of evil losing its enemy in the old TF Marvel comics.

Optimus Primes death at the hands of Ethan Zachary caused Megatron to go insane. Even if it was only because he hadnt killed Prime himself.
    Megatron destroyed the Decepticon base, killed Brawl and went on a suicidal assault against Predaking (though he did win).

He convinced himself that Prime was still alive, and it was all an illusion.

In fact, Megatron went so mad he even blew up the Space Bridge and himself to hide from Optimus Prime.

Though, after a rivalry/war lasting for multi-million years, I guess that would be expected.

5. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

A villian and a hero share a bond, weither the characters admit it or not. Both of these prople are a very driving emotion towards each other, usually that drive is to defeat their foe.

If there was ever the case of where the villian defeated the hero, the villian may stop and think to himself that his journey is over, his goal was achieved but is stopped and wonders what tommorow will bring. The villian may even fear his future now because now there's uncertanty.

I also have to ask why is the hero a hero? What did he do to deserve to be called that? Could that reason by why the villian mourns his opponent? Just because they're enemies doesn't mean that they don't respect each other. Heck, some times the hero and villian dont even have to be straght up enemies, but share conflicts.

I cant answer your question directly, if you're making a story about these two characters the choice is up to you and what you want to do with them.

6. theLostSeeker

theLostSeeker Well-Known Member

I concur.

Sorry…

7. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    you should get a blog. or join a writing circle of something.

8. 333HE

333HE HERSHEY'S GONNA EAT JOO.

Go blog it, man! XANGA.

9. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

anybody here ever see that justice league episode hereafter part 1

that funeral viewing scene where lex luthor actually shows up for supermans funeral and admits to lois that in his own twisted way even he will genuinely miss superman and the challenge, superman as a living person, represented to luthor's authority and dominance

as villains go luthor strikes me as being the type that truly enjoys and otherwise lives for the thrill of the fight against a worthy adversary

i figure about the only way the warped and sordid relationship between the hero and the villain can get any more sordid is i the 2 happen to literally be family to one another.

at the very least it adds a whole new layer of personal grief and tragedy to the relationship.

10. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    You want an answer? Well the best answer can only be given my the man himself, Samuel Jackson in Unbreakable. Watch that movie and your question will be answered

11. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Genozaur, I don't mean to pick on you, but you have hundreds of words here without anything to categorize them correctly.

You can't just throw out a character in the alphabet (particularly the letter 'a') and expect people to realize that you are constructing an outline.

Consider this:
    With this:

Again, I don't mean to pick on you or particularly anyone.
    But I was attracted by the thread's title and surprised by the jumble of words I found inside. You have some interesting thoughts, but they are lost in the way you write them.

I have always thought that good writers can really bring out the relationship between hero and villain and focus on the aspects of it without making it seem like the villain is responsible for the hero.

I hate it when the hero just seems to wait around for the bad guy to do something. In the 80s I always liked the Batman comics more than Superman because Batman went on patrol. He went out looking for trouble.
    Superman was basically passive until someone tried to take over Metropolis or something.

12. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

:lol  at "People!"

EDIT: Also, I didn't read any of it. But you apparently have no fear of the run-on sentence.

13. TrickyDisco

TrickyDisco <b><font color=blue>Voted TFW2005's Sexiest Female

News Credits:
    The minute I read the title, I thought this was about Vangelus' absolutely brilliant Valentine's radio play "Purple passion"
    Shame it wasn't.