a topic about the dcau how do each of the series layer in and out of each other?

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by GENOZAUR, Jan 16, 2009.

1. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

has there ever been anything published in the official manner of speaking a guide book ,for want of a better term, that covers each of the animated series that form the dcautimm/dinnieverse when it comes to the guide thoroughly covering each series individually, and also covering each series exploring in depth how each individual series layers in and out of one another to form a single multi series animated continuity when it comes to each of these animated series?

Batman: The Animated Series
    The Adventures of Batman & Robin
    Superman: The Animated Series
    static shock
    teen titans
    the new batman adventures
    the new batman/superman adventures
    Justice League
    Justice League Unlimited
    batman beyond
    the zeta project
    legion of super heroes

and the animated movies

Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
    Batman & Mr. Freeze: SubZero
    Teen Titans Trouble in Tokyo
    Batman Mystery of the Batwoman
    Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker

and if not then lets instead discuss and contribute and share our own ideas pf how each animated series and movie fit together as i am sure each of us has our unique take on what would be the most precise and accurate way to watch each of those movies and animated series as a single multiseries multiseason animated series in which one could look at each of these indivudal animated series as being in a certain manner of speaking a individual season as it were

talk to me people what are your thoughts?

2. The Barracuda

The Barracuda Retro, bitches.

Batman: TAS and Adventures of Batman and Robin are basically the same show, and I think they just renamed it after the show moved networks (and changed designs, which didn't help). Batman Beyond (including the Return of the Joker movie) and its spin-off the Zeta Project are what I think of a possible future and not necessarily the one and only future; the same could be said for Legion. Static Shock and Teen Titans could work easily work into the continuity, depending on who's behind the Robin mask. Every other series (and the 3 Batman movies) seem to connect to each other almost flawlessly, especially the later series.

3. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    For starters, wrong forum.

That said, Batman TAS is the same as Adventures of Batman and Robin, afterward it was moved to WB and took on the new (awful) designs. It took place simultaneously with Superman. Both shows lead into Justice League, which lead into JL Unlimited, where the series did show the events that lead to Batman Beyond and Zeta Project. Static Shock took place at the same time as Justice League and also lead into Batman Beyond. So all that comprises the DC Animated Universe. All the Batman movies (save for the one based on The Batman) are also canon in this universe.

While Batman mentioned Robin was with the Teen Titans in an episode of Static Shock, it wasn't the same Titans from the animated series. It was never stated but strongly implied that Robin was Dick Grayson, which would have been during Batman TAS, but since that series chronicled the span of Robin into Nightwing, it's not possible for it be within the same universe. Same with Legion, it's a separate canon completely, though that series might be closer to being same universe as The Batman.

4. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    I think other than Teen Titans and Legion (no idea what Zeta Project is) they're connected directly, unless I missed something? Legion might be debatable, but Teen Titans I'm pretty sure was created unto its own thing, with its own history based upon characters we already knew but for a younger crowd.

Also, periods are your friend, use them.

5. Fiy

Fiy Alien Velociraptor

News Credits:
    Teen Titans and Losh are not connected to the DCAU in any way shape or form from what I can tell.

The closest to a "guide book" of the DCAU would have to be the website The Worlds Finest. It has sections that cover practically every DC show made since Batman: The Animated series [Minus Krypto]

It's a good website. Highly recomended.

6. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

actually when ti comes to the whole individual animated series continuity guide i was thinking more along the lines like this

Batman The Animated Series Continuity in the dcau PreJUstice League

Batman The Animated Series
    season 1
    Episodes 1-65
    Batman movie 1 Batman Mask Of The Phantasm

Season 2 The Adventures Of Batman And Robin
    Episodes 66-85
    Batman movie 2 Batman And Mister Freeze Subzero

3 YEAR TIME GAP
    Static Shock and Teen Titans take place in these 3 years

Season 3 The New Batman Adventures
    Episodes 1-24

TNBA Episode Continuity
    TNBA 3 part pilot storyline crossover 1

STAS Episode 29 World’s Finest prt 1
    STAS Episode 30 World’s Finest prt 2
    STAS Episode 31 World’s Finest prt 3

TNBA Episode 2 Sins Of The Father
    TNBA Episode 1 Holiday Knights

Static Shock Episodes
    SS Episode 14 The Big Leagues
    SS Episode 25 Hard As Nails

TNBA Episodes 3-19
    TNBA Episode 20 Girls Night Out STAS Crossover2
    TNBA Episodes 21-24

STAS Episode 43 Knight Time STAS crossover 3
    STAS Episode 52 The Demon Reborn
    Batman movie 3 Batman Mystery Of The Batwoman

the whole idea being that we could post and discuss our own ideas for coming up with a set of fan generated guides that would cover each individual animated series itself in addition to also covering the entireity of the dcau aniamted universe as well when it comes to how each animated series individually ties into the other animated series which form the dcau when it comes to said individual animated series, the inter-series crossovers it lead to over time and the general effect said crossover episodes had in building the individual animated series itself into those other individual animated series in the long run when it comes oto how those crossover episodes between those animated series ties each individual animated series to one another.