A ton of new info:

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by a person, Oct 12, 2011.

1. a person

a person Is not amused.

News Credits:
  2. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    Boo to single player, and no Escalation.

But HELL yes to everything else. :D 

3. iwasherenotyou

iwasherenotyou Medical Officer

News Credits:
    Where does it say no escalation? Where did you get that idea? All it says is no co-op.

4. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just how reputable is gamingeverything.com? I’ve never heard of them, and though this should be a reason to discount what they’ve said, there are all sorts of editing issues going on in their report, which makes me wonder whether this report is authentic or not? Has anyone else confirmed these reports, Game Informer included?

5. a person

a person Is not amused.

News Credits:
    The article is a detailed list of features/info from the recent Game Informer issue.

6. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    They abandoned Escalation for DOTM. I highly doubt they will have it here, it doesn't look good.

7. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Escalation is a multiplayer mode, which this list claims is to be detailed later. There is no reason to discount it yet.

8. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My hype has died down a lot. No co-op and stuck using a single character like DOTM. Lame. Why does HM do this?

9. iwasherenotyou

iwasherenotyou Medical Officer

News Credits:
    FOC will probably have escalation even if DOTM didn't have it. Keep in mind that DOTM was rushed and IIRC they didn't have enough time to add escalation.

10. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No co-op allows for lots of interesting things to happen in singleplayer. For example you don't have to have buddies with you all the time and more cinematic gameplay moments can happen. It was sort of half ass in WFC anyway . Either you do Co-op right or you drop it. It remains to be seen if this is an improvement.

For example how would you do a combiner segment for co-op? I imagine dropping it allowed them leeway for a beatdown like Bruticus.

Booo. Hisss. The health system was different from "take cover, stop bleeding" bullshit going on in every single game today. Hopefully it isn't a direct copy to that.

Yay. With a better melee system this will be awesome.

Also mention of Metroplex being another "lol u in trouble bro" ancient character that does the legwork for Prime when he needs it.

11. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I had no issues playing Co-op with people on here. It was quite fun. Same thing with Escalation.

12. vatarian

vatarian snide spider

YES!! It's for pc!!! (read tags)

13. Faded-Myth

Faded-Myth Oddbot

Yeah, I can verify that everything here is in the Game Informer article. This is a much more thorough list of key points from the magazine, though I believe the magazine makes no mention of a PC port. If it's a web tag, they probably just threw that in there for hits.

14. shadowsfm

shadowsfm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i also will shout "boo!" on no co-op, characters tied to missions, and health auto recharge.
    but Sea of Rust sounds exciting, and i hope clip size means focus on ammo again. and i also hope escalation returns, cant wait to hear more about multiplayer.

high moon is watching us. i call conspiracy

15. Eric

Eric Per sempre marciamo.

News Credits:
    Well, after realizing how half-assed the co-op in campaign was in WFC, I guess it was a smart move on High Moon's part to remove it. And as far as Escalation goes...I really don't mind either way. Just as long as the game has host migration, I'll pick up the game simply for that, even the game itself ends up sucking.

16. Autobot Stinger

Autobot Stinger Decepticon in Disguise..

I can assure you that the game will have Escalation and yes im guessing here but if you think about it, it wouldnt make sense to just take off the main thing that made WFC successful.

17. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    “Allows for lots of interesting things to happen in singleplayer.” Nothing will replace the feeling of playing with a friend, not even improved AI.

I played a majority of the game with buddies, folks from TFW2005 and elsewhere and I have to say, it was always fun. Chatting with others from around the world who love the same things you do is a wonderful thing. Enjoying the game together is a wonderful thing. I fail to see how singleplay will change the cinematic experience of any game.

How much of a problem was Co-op? The only issues I had with it was the lack of host migration and game freezes, which could have been due to poor net connections or bad net-coding, whichever it was it was completely broken—the game was playable!
    A lot of us here asked the same question, and there were a lot of good ideas. Would they have worked? Who knows, but sadly we’ll never know. HMS missed a great opportunity to do something that’s never been done before and make it work. We did a lot of things in WFC that hadn’t been done before, and a great deal of us enjoyed the hell out of it.

I hope having combiners aren’t the reason we are unable to have Co-op. If that’s the case, I would have rather have had them as a boss character.

I look forward to more melee options. I hope it takes more than two hits to kill now, and I hope characters don’t explode like they have no substance this time around either. I hope HMS has come up with a number of ways for Cybertronians to go offline, but I hope at least one of them looks like G1 characters dying in the original animated movie.
    I hope he’s taller than two or three times taller than Omega Supreme, as I think a city should be much larger than a troop transport. With the Autobots having Metroplex on their side, who will the Decepticons have? Is Trypticon coming back? Will Scorponok be stepping or what?

If HMS can legally use Japanese Transformer characters, I hope we can see some non-American characters making an appearance this time around too.

How do you know it wasn't Co-op play. I heard lots of praises for this game, I heard just as many commenting about both modes with just as much excitement, though I'd like to see some statistics if they're around.

18. DJPrime39

DJPrime39 mUnKY

Yes jazz is back!

19. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Escalation was really the best part about WfC. I still play it even now. Taking it out would be a terrible idea.

20. emoo

emoo Well-Known Member

I'm not so sure it will the main thing to this will be the customising. In a way DOTM was a sneak peak at what FOC will be in that no character selection for missions, the level structure plays out the same in that gone is the two campaigns instead it starts with autobots then cons then the last level is bots again, and also like DOTM no pc version at this point.
    I am still excited and planning on getting the game but the confirmed level specific character has me a bit disappointed, it worries me it may mean small cast and few levels. WFC and DOTM were great games but kinda short not counting the boss only levels wfc was 8 levels and dotm was only 6.