A Timeline Of What We Know of Transformers (Movie Franchise) Fictional History

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Tycho, Dec 9, 2010.

1. Tycho

Tycho Well-Known Member

This should be easy enough to understand:

1. The Fallen visited earth and tried to turn on the sun-exploder device.
    2. The other Primes revolted and buried themselves with the Matrix.
    3. The Fallen was wounded and unable to turn the harvester on w.o. the Matrix.
    4. The All-Spark was being fought over and BumbleBee hurled it away.
    5. It landed on earth.
    6. Megatron tracked it to earth and got stuck in the ice.
    7. Archibald Witwicky discovered Megatron
    8. Seekers like Jetfire come to earth to try tracking Megatron and the Cube
    9. Sector-7 discovered the All-Spark
    10. Sector-7 decides to move Megatron to the All-Spark in Hoover Dam.
    11. Niel Armstrong discovers (The Ark?)
    12. NASA's JPL rover is destroyed on Mars. Live Decepticons are about.
    13. Starscream's team has landed on earth to find the All-Spark
    14. BumbleBee has traced the All-Spark to earth and starts to find Sam so he can get the glasses that Megatron engraved with the transponder codes.

Transformers 1 takes place,
    Transformers ROTF takes place.
    Transformers DOTM takes place (the part that's not set in 1969)

I suspect that the franchise will continue, perhaps without Michael Bay, and maybe without Shia LeBouf, Josh Dumhal, and John Turturro, amongst the rest of the cast. Peter Cullen and Frank Welker will continue to voice act, though, I'm sure.

McG might be a good director to step in and make more TF movies, but I hope Michael Bay will make more of them.

So do you think I'm getting the movie timeline right? Or can somebody correct it for me?

2. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Chronologically.

17,000 BC The Fallen (the original Dcepticon) and his army battles the six other Primes and their followers for the Matrix on Earth. Fallen wants to kill humans. Primes sacrifices themselves to hide the Matrix. The next thousands of years Seekers have been sent on Earth to look for it.

10,000 BC + A period of peace and harmony on Cybertron but much of history was forgotten or hidden, the Allspark the only record. All descendant Primes are dead probably through a purge by the Fallen. Optimus Prime was hidden. Optimus Prime and Megatron became friends. The war for the Allspark begin as Megatron became a disciple to the Fallen organizing the second generation of Decepticons. Optimus Prime is left with no choice sends the Allspark off Cybertron. Megatron follows it. Later the search began for the Allspark by both Autobot and Decepticon.

10,000 BC The Allspark crashes at the Colorado river. Much later Megatron follows but crashes at the Artic circle.

2560 BC The Giza Pyramid built over the Sun Harvester hiding it.

1550-1292 BC Petra was settled where the Primes tomb was hidden.

1897 AD Archibald Witwicky discovers Megatron.

1913 AD First Seven discovers the Allspark.

1931 AD construction began on Colorado river on what would be called the Hoover Dam. Hiding the Allspark's energy signature. Hoover Dam would eventually be home to a stasis locked Megatron.

1969 AD Apollo 11 mission discover a Cybertronian ship on the moon.

???- Project Black Knife of Sector Seven investigates possibility of Transformers on Earth. Four were identified in ROTF by Wheelie. Jetfire as a Blackbird ends up in the Smithsonian air and space museum.

3. Oracle_Aesir

Oracle_Aesir Outback is back

News Credits:
    And we know there are at least 10 in the US alone, judging by Wheelie's pin points on that map

4. Tycho

Tycho Well-Known Member

Do we know why (or when) Cybertronians came to the moon yet?

Or is that to be revealed in DOTM?

And thank you, Red Wolf!

5. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    No idea what they could want with the moon, but as I said once before, a very interesting theory of mine, is that maybe the "water" and "ice" that was discovered on the moon are "liquid energon" and "raw engergon" respectively. Thats just my idea.
    But I really can't think what else they'd want with our moon..

6. rich_prime

rich_prime Banned

News Credits:
    Thank for the timeline mate

7. adamid4

adamid4 Well-Known Member

I like how in the trailer they mention "were not alone" when they find the ship, when Megatron is supposedly chilling in hover dam at the time. haha

8. Tytus

Tytus Well-Known Member

This has been addressed several times already. Remember how in TF1 not even the Secretary of Defense knew about S7, let alone Megatron? What makes you think some NASA engineers would know about him?

Far as I can tell from the trailer, NASA knew there was a construct of some kind on the moon. That's why they went there. The recon mission was planned to take place when communication was cut so it could be kept secret. The astronauts confirmed to NASA that the thing on the moon was indeed of alien origin, and that's why they said "we're not alone". This mission was either performed independent of Sector 7, or orchestrated by it unbeknown to the engineers and astronauts.

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    They either don't know (considering his top-secrecy) or they didn't know he was alien until then, as someone else mentioned.

10. RebelMan

RebelMan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    HELL NO on McDumbass directing any TF films!!

either, Bay continues directing them after being able to do other films for a while or find someone else/others to continue the franchise in the same way they've hired multiple directors for the "Harry Potter" Film Franchise

11. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You know, circa Charlies Angels films, I would have agreed with you, but I really enjoyed Terminator: Salvation and Supernatural (which he produces) is one of my favorite TV shows ever. I think he's grown a lot as a director and a creative individual. Now, I wouldn't be opposed to seeing what he could add to the franchise.

12. Megaconvoy

Megaconvoy Active Member

What is confusing about the timeline to me is the fact, clearly there were sightings and Sector 7 KNEW there were other TFs on Earth. Yet did not reveal all the info even there was a threat to national security.

13. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    ???? - Allspark was Possibly "Created"
    ???? - AllSpark Creates Life on Cybertron
    17,000 BC - Fallen Arrives to Earth and is Defeated, All other Primes Dies For Hide the Matrix
    ???? - Cybertronian War Begins
    ???? - Nemesis Crashes on an Moon Near Saturn
    ???? - "Ark" Crashes on Earth´s Moon
    ???? - Allspark is lanucehd to Space
    ???? - Megs Arrives to Earth and Gets Frozen
    1895 - Cap Witwicky Descovers Megs
    1898 - Cap Witwicky, now blind is on the Boston Secure Hospital.
    1899 - Simmons's team erect an environment dome above the partially excavated Megatron
    1902 - The All Spark is discovered underwater in Colorado.
    1935 - Arizona, a Sector Seven facility is built at the foot of the Hoover Dam
    1938 - Captain Witwicky dies
    ???? - Seekers are sent to Earth for Find the Matrix
    1969 - "Ark" is Found on the Moon by two Austronauts
    1982 - Starscream is caught on video around the world; Laos (March 12, 1982), India (April 22, 1982), and Estonia (May 9, 1982) before transforming on camera in Sacremento, California (June 16, 1982)
    2003 - Bumblebee Lands on Mars, Later on Starscream, Blackout, and Barricade arrive on Mars and destroy a Mars rover. Bee and the cons Arrives to earth and Wreackage (who ahs joiend the cons) is captured by S7
    2006 - An Allspark Mutation is created by Sector Seven
    2007 - Events of Transformers Takes Place, Megatron Dies, Starscream Escapes and Takes over Leadership, NEST is Formed, Death of Wreackage, Soundwave Arrives to Mars, S7 is Shut Down
    2008 - NEST Continues FIghting the Decepticons
    2009 - Events of ROTF Takes Place, Death of the Fallen
    ???? - Events of DOTM Takes Place

Last edited: Dec 10, 2010
  14. Tycho

Tycho Well-Known Member

Thanks, eagc7. This timeline is becoming more and more complete.

I'm not sure Orcci and Kurtzman had all this in mind when they started this storyline.

It's coming together, miraculously. But I wish it were more planned out in advance.

Michael Bay is just directing these (from whatever script he likes) and not writing them.

I had only first HEARD of McG when he took the helm of my beloved Terminator franchise for Salvation. He's an action-guy, an explosion-guy, so I figured that if Bay wanted to retire from Transformers after 3 movies, then McG would be a natural to fill his shoes. Christopher Nolan would be great, too. But I don't think he's interested in Transformers, though I could be wrong.

Then there's Steven Spielberg. He has produced all of the Transformers films. Who's to say that he wouldn't direct any?

15. protocida

protocida Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I tried to form a Timeline by the time "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" came up, including the Tie-In comic books. "Transformers: Dark of the Moon" will surely change some details, but I think it gives the right idea:

1. The Allspark falls on a jungle planet and mechanizes it.

2. The Allspark's energy, called Energon, gives birth to the planet's seven first lifeforms, the Seven Primes, who call their home "Cybertron" and start developing their powers.

3. The Primes eventually find out the Allspark's Energon is not infinite and is ending. The only way to replenish it is with the power of a Sun.

4. The Primes create the Sun Harvester to destroy Suns of solar systems without life in them to recharge the Allspark from times to times.

5. The Primes create the Seekers, Cybertronians who can transform themselves into vehicles, to search for Suns for them; and the Constructicons, Cybertronians who can also transform into vehicles and are used to build the Sun Harvesters.

6. The Primes are unable to find a planet without life whose Sun can be harvested and refuse to destroy Earth to claim its Sun. One of their own does not agree with this and tries to harvest Earth's Sun with the Constructicons.

7. In Egypt, the Primes battle their brother, now called "The Fallen", while a Seeker who has changed sides, Jetfire, battles a Constructicon unit.

8. The Fallen is too powerful, so, his brothers steal the key to the Sun Harvester, the Matrix of Leadership, and hide it in a tomb made of their own bodies in Petra. Meanwhile, Jetfire is wounded in battle against the Constructicons and enters Statis Lock. A pyramid is built arround the Sun Harvester.

9. The Fallen instructs the Seekers to stay on Earth and search for the Matrix while he returns to Cybertron and destroy all the Primes to ensure no one is able to defeat him. Optimus Prime, the last descendant of the Order of Primes, in hidden and survives unaware of his true identity.

10. The Seekers eventually run out of Energon and enter Statis Lock after adapting to the current vehicles used by humans. Jetfire awakens briefly, takes the form of a Earth vehicle and enters in Statis Lock again. He is eventually found and, mistaken by a common airplane, sent to the SmithSonian Air and Space Museum in Washington, D.C.

11. The Fallen takes shelter in a Decepticon flagship, the Nemesis, draining the Energon out of protoforms, but eventually enters Statis Lock as well.

12. Cybertron becomes more and more populated. Optimus, now a member of the Science division of the planet, and Megatron, a member of the military divison, are assigned to protect the Allspark, which makes them Cybertron's rulers and also brothers. Based on the Seekers' technology, they create the Space Bridges, which allow them to teleport from one point of the Universe to another.

13. Megatron eventually finds and awakens the Fallen, who convinces him that organic creatures do not deserve to live. Megatron rallies together a army of Cybertronians who take the name Decepticons and plans to conquer the Universe.

14. Optimus finds out about his legacy, becomes Optimus Prime and rallies together the Autobots to counter Megatron's Decepticons. The war begins and, after years of it, Cybertron is left a ravaged world.

15. To prevent Megatron from getting the Allspark, Optimus rockets it to Outer Space, but Megatron follows and the two wind up crash-landing on Earth, where Megatron's telemetry is damaged by our magnetic field and he is buried in the ice of the Artic Circle.

16. Captain Archibald Witwicky discovers Megatron. The Allspark's location is burned onto his glasses.

17. The Original Seven find the Allspark, build Hoover Dam arround it and create Sector Seven. Megatron is eventually discovered by them and moved to Hoover Dam as well. By reverse-engineering his technology, they create several modern technologies.

18. After years of war, the Allspark emits a signal which makes two teams, one of Autobots and one of Decepticons, come to Earth in search of it. They arrive and take the form of local vehicles. However, one of Decepticons, Wreckage, is captured by Sector Seven.

19. Transformers happens.

20. Starscreams recovers Frenzy's head and takes it to a Decepticon flagship on Mars, where he and Thundercracker are attacked by Arcee and her team. They defeat them and return to Cybertron, where Starscream uses Frenzy's knowledge to try recreating the Allspark.

21. Starscream's plan fails and Dreadwing attempts to take command of the Decepticons, but fails and is killed by Starscream, who returns to Earth. Arcee is captured alongside Skids and Mudflap and they are experimented upon by Decepticon scientists. As a result, Arcee's mind is divided into three bodies and the Twins become less than bright.

22. Starscream is informed by Barricade, who had been acting as his spy on Earth, that the government will attempt to bury the dead Decepticons, including Megatron, in the Laurentian Abyss. Starscream attacks the humans and, in the process, Wreckage is brough back to life by a Allspark shard kept by Optimus, Starscream loses Frenzy's head, which is stolen by Agent Seymour Simmons, and the Decepticons are ultimately buried.

23. The government exterminates Sector Seven and creates N.E.S.T. The Allspark shard is recovered from Wreckage's body after he is murdered by Starscream for being previously forced to aid Sector Seven and put into N.E.S.T's protection at their secret base in Diego Garcia.

24. Starscream returns to Mars, where he meets Soundwave, who has received from the Fallen the mission to bring Megatron back to life.

25. Arcee, the Twins, Sideswipe and Jolt answer Optimus Prime's calling and come to Earth. Several Decepticons do to, ordered by Soundwave.

26. Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen happens.

16. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    Great time line protocida, but I'll just add:

16. Captain Archibald Witwicky discovers Megatron. The Allspark's location is burned onto his glasses.

17. The Original Seven find the Allspark, build Hoover Dam arround it and create Sector Seven. Megatron is eventually discovered by them and moved to Hoover Dam as well. By reverse-engineering his technology, they create several modern technologies.

18. In 1969 while becoming the first humans to step on the Earth's Moon, Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin who perform a top secret mission for NASA discover a crashed Cybertronian ship on the dark side of the Moon. All occupants in their findings are deceased.

19. After years of war, the Allspark emits a signal which makes two teams, one of Autobots and one of Decepticons, come to Earth in search of it. They arrive and take the form of local vehicles. However, one of Decepticons, Wreckage, is captured by Sector Seven.

20. Transformers happens.

21. Starscream recovers Frenzy's head and takes it to a Decepticon flagship on Mars, where he and Thundercracker are attacked by Arcee and her team. They defeat them and return to Cybertron, where Starscream uses Frenzy's knowledge to try recreating the Allspark.

22. Starscream's plan fails and Dreadwing attempts to take command of the Decepticons, but fails and is killed by Starscream, who returns to Earth. Arcee is captured alongside Skids and Mudflap and they are experimented upon by Decepticon scientists. As a result, Arcee's mind is divided into three bodies and the Twins become less than bright.

23. Starscream is informed by Barricade, who had been acting as his spy on Earth, that the government will attempt to bury the dead Decepticons, including Megatron, in the Laurentian Abyss. Starscream attacks the humans and, in the process, Wreckage is brough back to life by a Allspark shard kept by Optimus, Starscream loses Frenzy's head, which is stolen by Agent Seymour Simmons, and the Decepticons are ultimately buried.

24. The government exterminates Sector Seven and creates N.E.S.T.

25. Starscream returns to Mars, where he meets Soundwave, who has received from the Fallen the mission to bring Megatron back to life.

26. Arcee, the Twins, Sideswipe and Jolt answer Optimus Prime's calling and come to Earth. Several Decepticons do to, ordered by Soundwave.

27. Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen happens.

17. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Ahh,. .. good theory, makes sense to connect that discovery with hollywood's transformers story.

18. Krueger

Krueger Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    protocida, where did you get the info that states Cybertron was a jungle planet before the All Spark changed it? Or did you just make that up?

19. protocida

protocida Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I remember reading it somewhere. Probably in a Tie-in prequel comic.

20. Tycho

Tycho Well-Known Member

I wonder if that jungle planet storyline, opens the door to Beast Wars?

I didn't follow Beast Wars myself.

Great how the timeline is shaping up! Awesome work Protocida!